Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

P. 733 - Two Villainous New Thrill Rides for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???
User avatar
 
Posts: 4307
Joined: 05 Jul 2012
Location: On a two man ride with Flume Dog
Gender: Male
Age: 34

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby prozach626 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:32 am

Sounds like Bert may be right about SF ditching the season passes. We're in the same boat. We don't like monthly payments or anything nibbling away at our checking account. It feels good to just pay it off and forget it. It's only $70. Even if we only save a few bucks we'll always opt for one payment. Utilities and mortgage aside, we have no petty monthly payments and we would like to keep it that way. This will bother us much more than the average person.

Why do I still have a donkey title???
User avatar
 
Posts: 3229
Joined: 15 Feb 2005
Location: Bergen, Norway
Gender: Male
Age: 32

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby viking86 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:29 am

Not many of the Cyclone clones remaining now. Texas Cyclone, Psyclone, White Canyon and Aska have all been demolished. And with Georgia Cyclone now being converted, this only leaves Bandit at Movie Park Germany and Viper SFGAM as the only operating Cyclone clones. In addition to the original of course...

That being said, the new pictures looks fantastic and I have no doubt that this will be one kick-ass ride experience! =)

Why do I still have a donkey title???
User avatar
 
Posts: 3357
Joined: 19 Feb 2014
Location: Los Angeles, Ca
Gender: Male

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby Superbatboy » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:37 am

Track going in pretty fast, hope to get back to OG one day
1.Skyrush 2.El Toro 3.Fury 325 4.Maverick 5.New Texas Giant 6.Wicked Cyclone 7.Twisted Colossus 8.Superman:TR 9.Millennium Force 10.Apollo's Chariot

Why do I still have a donkey title???
User avatar
 
Posts: 4307
Joined: 05 Jul 2012
Location: On a two man ride with Flume Dog
Gender: Male
Age: 34

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby prozach626 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:46 am

viking86 wrote:Not many of the Cyclone clones remaining now. Texas Cyclone, Psyclone, White Canyon and Aska have all been demolished. And with Georgia Cyclone now being converted, this only leaves Bandit at Movie Park Germany and Viper SFGAM as the only operating Cyclone clones. In addition to the original of course...

That being said, the new pictures looks fantastic and I have no doubt that this will be one kick-ass ride experience! =)

That's interesting. Is Viper profiled differently? It seemed so much more tolerable than Georgia Cyclone.

Did my donkey title just change???
 
Posts: 96
Joined: 19 Dec 2012
Location: Johns Creek, GA
Gender: Male
Age: 47

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby Krandor » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:29 pm

prozach626 wrote:Sounds like Bert may be right about SF ditching the season passes. We're in the same boat. We don't like monthly payments or anything nibbling away at our checking account. It feels good to just pay it off and forget it. It's only $70. Even if we only save a few bucks we'll always opt for one payment. Utilities and mortgage aside, we have no petty monthly payments and we would like to keep it that way. This will bother us much more than the average person.


I hope they dont. Guess we’ll find out toward the end of the season when they start marketing 2019 passes. I guess that is one reason that they like memberships. No need to sell again to people every year.

Why do I still have a donkey title???
User avatar
 
Posts: 9270
Joined: 27 Jul 2013
Location: At KD
Gender: Male
Age: 32

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:53 pm

prozach626 wrote:... Even if we only save a few bucks we'll always opt for one payment. Utilities and mortgage aside, we have no petty monthly payments and we would like to keep it that way. This will bother us much more than the average person.


We are right there with you. We don't do monthly payments on anything. (Aside from mortgage and utilities) And we want to keep it that way.

I can see Six Flags reasoning behind pushing for memberships... But I still prefer the old school way of buying a season pass up front and forgetting about it the rest of the year. I visit enough Six Flags parks for a season pass to be worth it... But I don't visit enough Six Flags parks to warrant spending $17 a month on it. I mean, there are months I don't visit SF parks... So why pay for a membership during months it's not being used??

Anywho, sorry to go off on a rant!!

-----------------------------------------------

The turnaround featuring two inversions is looking better and better with each new photo. Can't wait to give this thing a go later this year! :br
Bigger is not always better.

Why do I still have a donkey title???
User avatar
 
Posts: 5732
Joined: 17 Apr 2009
Location: Salem
Gender: Female
Age: 29

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby cal1br3tto » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:15 pm

Apart from not expiring (and, now, different benefits), I guess I just think of the membership as a season pass split into twelve monthly payments. I don't care that I don't visit every month or that I'm making payments during months when a given park is closed. I just have a goal of making the membership pay for itself, like I would with a season pass.
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant
Image

Why do I still have a donkey title???
User avatar
 
Posts: 4924
Joined: 23 Dec 2011
Location: Austin, Tx
Gender: Male
Age: 52

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby bert425 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:35 pm

cal1br3tto wrote:Apart from not expiring (and, now, different benefits), I guess I just think of the membership as a season pass split into twelve monthly payments. I don't care that I don't visit every month or that I'm making payments during months when a given park is closed. I just have a goal of making the membership pay for itself, like I would with a season pass.


a monthly fee is WAY more than I paid for a Season Pass when it was on sale.
(tho here in Austin, Fiesta is advertising a "membership sale" during Spring Break. . so maybe they are planning on doing a discount of some type if they do away with the Season Passes).

but like the old Columbia Record club, where once you signed up, you're gonna get letters every month, and be charged if you don't send the card back? yeah. .that's how I view the monthly memberships.

if I can't pay for it and then just have it with no additional obligations? then it's just not for me.
I completely understand I'm in the minority, and if other folks like it the parks are giving them what they want, and more power to em.

but it's not for me, and if Season Pass isn't an option, then I likely won't be purchasing one (heck, we went several years without Six Flags season passes, and just renewed/got one for 2018 on Black Friday, since the price was simply too good to pass up).
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

This B&M donkey is so smooth!
User avatar
 
Posts: 139
Joined: 21 May 2017
Location: Woodstock, GA
Gender: Male

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby Lotologist492 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:12 pm

I am not a fan of a monthly payment plan a.k.a. 'membership' either. This requires giving a corporate entity access to your bank account or credit card with a complicated cancellation process. Hopefully season passes will remain an option otherwise anyone without access to credit or to anyone on a strict cash-only lifestyle will not be able to buy a membership unless they buy one of those Green Dot cards, etc.

Having said all of that, I can see where offering memberships looks good on paper and makes some business sense. Going the membership route will mean better profits for the chain (which we hope they invest in their parks!)

There may also be a very positive side effect. Corporate is well aware that off seasons can hurt membership sales. It is my understanding that Fiesta Texas is exploring the possibility of a year-round weekend operation starting next year. Other parks in warmer climates like Over Georgia and even Over Texas could look into that as well. Of course Magic Mountain is now 365 but I have to believe other dominoes may fall too. Our park has really added to the operating calendar these past few years or so, including Holiday as well as the weekends in November. With the chain aggressively promoting year-round memberships this seems to be a very real possibility - and that March 3-4th, 2018 may have been the last scheduled closed weekend.

Nonetheless, it will be a very interesting year, especially around Labor Day - and what type of deals are offered.

Why do I still have a donkey title???
User avatar
 
Posts: 4924
Joined: 23 Dec 2011
Location: Austin, Tx
Gender: Male
Age: 52

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby bert425 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:26 pm

Lotologist492 wrote:There may also be a very positive side effect. Corporate is well aware that off seasons can hurt membership sales. It is my understanding that Fiesta Texas is exploring the possibility of a year-round weekend operation starting next year. Other parks in warmer climates like Over Georgia and even Over Texas could look into that as well. Of course Magic Mountain is now 365 but I have to believe other dominoes may fall too. Our park has really added to the operating calendar these past few years or so, including Holiday as well as the weekends in November. With the chain aggressively promoting year-round memberships this seems to be a very real possibility - and that March 3-4th, 2018 may have been the last scheduled closed weekend.

Nonetheless, it will be a very interesting year, especially around Labor Day - and what type of deals are offered.


I honestly don't follow it close enough to be aware if Fiesta would be considering year-round (I'd think SFoT would go that route first, but who knows). . . but I do know that the park was open thru Jan 7, and then re-opened for the 2018 season on Feb 24.

so technically, they were open every month . . so they are kind of already doing a "year round" operation. . even tho they were closed completely for 6 weekends (1/7-2/24)

I was surprised that some other SF parks didn't open until later in the year, since the Texas parks opened up prior to March, and go weekly for Spring Break this whole week.


enough about the membership vs Season Pass stuff tho.. . Twisted Cyclone looks incredible, and I'm very much looking forwards to getting a chance to ride it when I visit Atlanta later this summer!
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests

These pages are in no way affiliated with nor endorsed by SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment, Cedar Fair, Legoland, Merlin Entertainment,
Blackstone, Tussaud's Group, Six Flags, Universal Theme Parks, the Walt Disney Company or any other theme park company.

All onride photos and videos on this website were taken with the permission of the park by a professional ride photographer.
For yours  and others safety, please do not attempt to take photos or videos at parks without proper permission.

Disclaimer!  You need a sense of humor to view our site, 
if you don't have a sense of humor, or are easily offended, please turn back now!
Most of the content on this forum is suitable for all ages. HOWEVER!
There may be some content that would be considered rated "PG-13."
Theme Park Review is NOT recommended for ages under 13 years of age.

cron