Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

P. 733 - Two Villainous New Thrill Rides for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby FSUFanChris » Tue May 26, 2015 8:54 am

SFStl Fan wrote:Hi! My Home Park is Six Flags St Louis. I'll be visiting SFOG in 2 weeks. Six Flags St Louis has a special entry gate for Discover Card holders only (it's the Orange Carpet treatment) which allows you to bypass those with daily tickets or passholders without a Discover Card. Does SFOG have one of these entrances?

Thanks in Advance!

Yes, they do.
Last edited by FSUFanChris on Tue May 26, 2015 6:53 pm.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Tue May 26, 2015 1:00 pm

Unfortunately I have not yet had a chance to visit this park but it seems like they were a bit light on flats so these seem to be great additions.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby BlahBlahson » Tue May 26, 2015 1:56 pm

I missed that they replaced the Banzai Pipeline at Whitewater with a CannonBowl slide, but that is a GREAT call. Six Flags is killing it recently for me. So many good decisions in attractions. Especially adding two well-fitting flats into Gotham city at SFOG. Flat rides were very slim-pickings at the park between the year 1999 and until recently.
Remember: Get out there and RIDE!

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby dstephe9 » Tue May 26, 2015 4:30 pm

SFStl Fan wrote:Hi! My Home Park is Six Flags St Louis. I'll be visiting SFOG in 2 weeks. Six Flags St Louis has a special entry gate for Discover Card holders only (it's the Orange Carpet treatment) which allows you to bypass those with daily tickets or passholders without a Discover Card. Does SFOG have one of these entrances?

Thanks in Advance!

Yes they do have the discover card entrance.. Sometimes it saves a lot of time and at other times it's just as backed up because they aren't checking discover cards and everyone is lined up in the line.

Heck now that I think about it, they have never once asked for my discover card.. Guess they are running on a scouts honor system lol

But it has saved me time on most visits so I can't complain

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby MIAfan88 » Tue May 26, 2015 6:49 pm

Has Cyclone been re-tracked recently or is it so bad that it makes no difference? As for White Water, judging by those pictures, I doubt the park will ever close. No matter how big the one at the SFOG becomes.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby dstephe9 » Tue May 26, 2015 7:35 pm

It has been partially retracked the past few seasons yes.. It is much better now but still rough..

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Regarding Ninja @ SFOG

Postby HAZE » Thu May 28, 2015 5:54 pm

So I went to Six Flags Over Georgia a few days ago. And obviously I rode roller coasters there. Among the gems such as Goliath, Georgia Scorcher, Mindbender, and Dare Devil Dive, we have Ninja (http://rcdb.com/40.htm) a Vekoma MK-1200. Rider reports told me that this was one of the roughest looping coasters in the United Sates. Someone even told me that "Ninja" was in fact an acronym for "Neck Injury." As a fairground veteran who has survived the sole example of the Pinfari RC-48 numerous times without breaking a bone, I rode it anyway.

And I actually had quite a bit of fun riding it.

It was bumpy, but as long as you sat back and held on, you would be fine. Three of the five inversions on this ride are unique to a looping coaster in the United States, and the butterfly inversion is one of the best I've experienced. The Arrow trains on the ride seem to have been fully restored, and felt like they were brand new (they came from SFGA, I think). I sat in the front both times on my back-to-back rides, and did not bang my head once. The ride op jokingly noted that I was the only enthusiastic rider in the short queue line that day.

This is coming from a die-hard B&M fan. My ride experience on Ninja was really good. Was yours any different? Was it a hit or a miss for you? How do the other Vekoma MK-1200s stack up?

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Vonni » Thu May 28, 2015 10:19 pm

When I visited the park in 2003, I did not think Ninja was bad at all. I even rode it several times that day. Now on the other hand, I did not like GASM at all and I only rode it once.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby cwgator » Fri May 29, 2015 8:35 am

I've never had a bad experience riding Ninja. Mind you I hadn't been to the park since 2008 so I know things can get worse over time.
CURRENT COASTER CREDIT COUNT: 80
A little behind...planning to catch-up soon...

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby josephcissell » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:24 pm

MIAfan88 wrote:Has Cyclone been re-tracked recently or is it so bad that it makes no difference? As for White Water, judging by those pictures, I doubt the park will ever close. No matter how big the one at the SFOG becomes.

As was mentioned by dstephe9, Cyclone received some RMC topper track to the first couple of drops over the last few years. Those sections are still marvelous. It's the rest of the ride that beats you, though in my experience ride quality can be highly dependent on seating location.

HAZE wrote:So I went to Six Flags Over Georgia a few days ago. And obviously I rode roller coasters there. Among the gems such as Goliath, Georgia Scorcher, Mindbender, and Dare Devil Dive, we have Ninja (http://rcdb.com/40.htm) a Vekoma MK-1200. Rider reports told me that this was one of the roughest looping coasters in the United Sates. Someone even told me that "Ninja" was in fact an acronym for "Neck Injury." As a fairground veteran who has survived the sole example of the Pinfari RC-48 numerous times without breaking a bone, I rode it anyway.

And I actually had quite a bit of fun riding it.

It was bumpy, but as long as you sat back and held on, you would be fine. Three of the five inversions on this ride are unique to a looping coaster in the United States, and the butterfly inversion is one of the best I've experienced. The Arrow trains on the ride seem to have been fully restored, and felt like they were brand new (they came from SFGA, I think). I sat in the front both times on my back-to-back rides, and did not bang my head once. The ride op jokingly noted that I was the only enthusiastic rider in the short queue line that day.

This is coming from a die-hard B&M fan. My ride experience on Ninja was really good. Was yours any different? Was it a hit or a miss for you? How do the other Vekoma MK-1200s stack up?

I have to say that I don't believe I've ever heard such a positive opinion of Ninja, but I agree that it is pretty rideable with smart riding posture. I really wish there were more examples of the butterfly loop. I would love to see B&M or Premier take a stab at that inversion in a smooth multilooper.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!