Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

P. 733 - Two Villainous New Thrill Rides for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I love donkeys more than me.

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby dstephe9 » Sat May 23, 2015 9:14 pm

beenagins87 wrote:
Pyrozooka0 wrote:Some comments from my visit last night:

The Mine Train became a water ride thanks to a Splashwater Falls boat cycling at the right time
GASM was running very smooth :airtime:
namtaB isn't something you ride with your mind, it's something you ride with your balls
Goliath was rattling, but still very awesome.

As many time as I've ridden Mine Train I've never been lucky to have that happen, I've always wanted to be on it when a boat splashed down.

Its happened to me once! But only once

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Superbatboy » Sat May 23, 2015 9:25 pm

simaticable wrote:From what I am seeing, Harley Quinn replaced the remote controlled monster trucks and is located in Mindbender's turn into the brakes while Joker is located at the top of the hill across from Crime Wave, correct?

Also, please let RMC Cyclone be the 2017 50th Anniversary project. I've heard rumors of Hurricane Harbor getting a massive expansion for 2016, so we may not get much if anything next year on the dry side.

There are four RMC coasters already on the books for 2017, hopefully SFOG is one of them!!!
1.Skyrush 2.El Toro 3.Fury 325 4.Maverick 5.New Texas Giant 6.Wicked Cyclone 7.Twisted Colossus 8.Superman:TR 9.Millennium Force 10.Apollo's Chariot

Donkey eat mullet pump.

Postby beenagins87 » Mon May 25, 2015 9:42 am

Superbatboy wrote:
simaticable wrote:From what I am seeing, Harley Quinn replaced the remote controlled monster trucks and is located in Mindbender's turn into the brakes while Joker is located at the top of the hill across from Crime Wave, correct?

Also, please let RMC Cyclone be the 2017 50th Anniversary project. I've heard rumors of Hurricane Harbor getting a massive expansion for 2016, so we may not get much if anything next year on the dry side.

There are four RMC coasters already on the books for 2017, hopefully SFOG is one of them!!!

I would love an RMC, but a custom one, I love Cyclone as it is.
Coasters: 121 ( 89 Steel, 32 Wood)

Top 10 Wood: 1 Lightning Rod 2. Goliath 3. The Voyage 4. Mystic Timbers 5. American Thunder
6. The Legend 7. Thunderhead 8. The Boss 9. Great American Scream Machine 10. The Beast

Top 10 Steel: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. 1305 3. Maverick 4. Goliath (SFOG) 5. Fury 325 6. Twisted Timbers
7. Millenium Force 8.Twisted Cyclone 9. Top Thrill Dragster 10. TN Tornado

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Re: White Water?

Postby Brad » Mon May 25, 2015 1:26 pm

Clay479 wrote:Has anyone been to White Water lately? I am wondering if Dive Bomber replaced Cliffhanger. Also, I saw that Dragon's Tail was not listed on their website.

Dive Bomber "replaced" Cliffhanger - essentially they had to extend the wooden platform at the top of the tower so the drop capsule would fit in with the existing Cliffhanger slide.

Dragon's Tail is still there as well - no other major changes in the park other than the drop capsule this season.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Mon May 25, 2015 6:29 pm

And now we have VIDEO!

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby The Geek Mojo » Tue May 26, 2015 5:27 am

Brad wrote:
Clay479 wrote:Has anyone been to White Water lately? I am wondering if Dive Bomber replaced Cliffhanger. Also, I saw that Dragon's Tail was not listed on their website.

Dive Bomber "replaced" Cliffhanger - essentially they had to extend the wooden platform at the top of the tower so the drop capsule would fit in with the existing Cliffhanger slide.

Dragon's Tail is still there as well - no other major changes in the park other than the drop capsule this season.

I went to White Water Sunday...And boy was it crowded! I rode Dive Bomber but not before a 300 lb. guy got stuck in it for 30 minutes. It took all of Six Flags White Water's kings horses and all the kings men to put Dive Bomber back together again. I've heard it's done it quite often so far. I don't know, it seemed to work fine when I got in it. However, I don't like it as much as Cliffhanger. The lines get longer because it's such a slow process to load a person and drop them. On Cliffhanger, it was just easy and the line moved a lot quicker. But whatever, it was still fun. And Dragon's Tail is still running great...Still the best slide in the park imo. I have to say, I was totally wrong when I said SFOG didn't need a waterpark inside of it. Because both times I've been to White Water and Hurricane Harbor in SFOG, they've both been intensely crowded. Atlanta can definitely support two big water parks. That was a good call by Six Flags.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby The Geek Mojo » Tue May 26, 2015 6:05 am

The Geek Mojo wrote:
Brad wrote:

I went to White Water Sunday...And boy was it crowded! I rode Dive Bomber but not before a 300 lb. guy got stuck in it for 30 minutes. It took all of Six Flags White Water's kings horses and all the kings men to put Dive Bomber back together again. I've heard it's done it quite often so far. I don't know, it seemed to work fine when I got in it. However, I don't like it as much as Cliffhanger. The lines get longer because it's such a slow process to load a person and drop them. On Cliffhanger, it was just easy and the line moved a lot quicker. But whatever, it was still fun. And Dragon's Tail is still running great...Still the best slide in the park imo. I have to say, I was totally wrong when I said SFOG didn't need a waterpark inside of it. Because both times I've been to White Water and Hurricane Harbor in SFOG, they've both been intensely crowded. Atlanta can definitely support two big water parks. That was a good call by Six Flags.

Took a few pics...
20150524_154317.jpg
Yay! It's time to ride some waterslides!
20150524_152532.jpg
Where to first??
20150524_153046.jpg
I see Dive Bomber...Way up there!
20150524_152614.jpg
Boy, is this place crowded today!
20150524_152520.jpg
Whoever said Atlanta couldn't support two big Six Flags waterparks...You were dead wrong!
20150524_152740.jpg
Man, this place sure is pretty...
20150524_154156.jpg
Hey look! It's Ridgeline Racer! I wonder if it's open? What?? American Adventures shut down??? Screw this place, I'm going home!

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby SoCal_Coaster » Tue May 26, 2015 7:08 am

Where is the Joker located in the park?
Top Ten: 1. El Toro 2. Twisted Colossus 3. Millennium Force 4. Maverick 5. New Texas Giant 6. Fury 325 7. Wicked Cyclone 8. Boulder Dash 9. The Voyage 10. Bizarro (SFNE) 11. Iron Rattler 12. X2 13. Diamondback 14. Intimidator 15. Goliath (SFoG) 16. The Beast

Total: 153 Steel: 125 Wooden: 28 Last: Twisted Colossus Parks: 21

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby CoasterGuy06 » Tue May 26, 2015 7:24 am

It is in the entry "plaza" for the Axis Arena.

The best thing about TPR is the donkeys.

Postby SFStl Fan » Tue May 26, 2015 8:47 am

Hi! My Home Park is Six Flags St Louis. I'll be visiting SFOG in 2 weeks. Six Flags St Louis has a special entry gate for Discover Card holders only (it's the Orange Carpet treatment) which allows you to bypass those with daily tickets or passholders without a Discover Card. Does SFOG have one of these entrances?

Thanks in Advance!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!