Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

P. 733 - Two Villainous New Thrill Rides for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I love donkeys more than me.

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby dstephe9 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:06 am

josephcissell wrote:
dstephe9 wrote:
vedved82491 wrote:I'm headed to the park this Saturday, but mother nature predicts rain. How does the park run in regards to rain? I'm staying optimistic but preparing for the worst.

It's mixed if it rains.. Sometimes the coasters are open sometimes they aren't.. I have been there with pouring rain and nothing closed but been there in a drizzle and half the park closes..

Of course if there is a storm in the area the rides will also close.. It really just depends!! Lol

It has also been a mixed bag in my experience, but generally most things stay open in rain if it is only rain. Mind Bender and Dare Devil Dive seem to be the most rain sensitive of the big rides. For Mind Bender, that is probably due to the fact that it uses friction braking and the brakes are mostly uncovered. DDD just seems to be highly fickle to changes in weather in general and often doesn’t open with the park.

Exactly.. When it rains some of the rides start operating poorly. If that happens they will close.. Sometimes they operate fine and stay open.. I have been on mind bender several times in the rain but have also seen it closed several times in the rain

Like you said, I believe the general rule is rides are open if it rains but rain can cause them to start operating poorly and close

Thunder and lightening will make them close though.. High wind will also take some rides down.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby no_brain_er » Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:04 am

Okay, so I got to the park around 7:00 and stayed until 11:30 or so. Rode Mind Bender, Monster Mansion, Sky Screamer, Ninja, Dahlonega Mine Train, and Namtab (three times). Despite it raining for the first thirty minutes or so that I was there, and then misting/sprinkling for the last 45 minutes, almost everything was open (DDD and Superman were closed all night) and everything seemed to be operating smoothly. Mind Bender and Ninja only ran one train all night, but the lines weren't much more than about 20 and 5 minutes respectively, so it was all good. Sky Screamer was NOT my cup of tea, but only because I have a thing about not feeling well-restrained at great heights.

Also, bless Namtab. I rode once in the first row and twice in the last, and I gotta say, that was one of the most intense rides I've ever had the pleasure of experiencing. I wouldn't complain if they ran it backwards for the rest of the season, honestly.
--Adam!--

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby Pyrozooka0 » Sat May 09, 2015 8:19 am

Some comments from my visit last night:

The Mine Train became a water ride thanks to a Splashwater Falls boat cycling at the right time
GASM was running very smooth :airtime:
namtaB isn't something you ride with your mind, it's something you ride with your balls
Goliath was rattling, but still very awesome.
Fully on the Twisted Cyclone hype train.
Credit Count: 55 (Latest: Fury 325)
Favorite Steel: F325
Favorite Wood: GASM at SFOG

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu May 14, 2015 8:48 am

If there is anyone who would like to be considered to cover Six Flags Over Georgia's Joked Chaos Coaster & Harley Quinn Spinsanity media day for TPR on May 22nd please send an email to robbalvey@themeparkreview.com with the following information:

- Full Name
- TPR Screen Name
- Are you a Club TPR Member? (You don't have to be, but please let us know)
- Age/Sex/Location
- Phone number
- Photo of yourself
- Links to your social media pages (facebook, twitter, instagram, etc)
- Please put SFOG Media Day in the email subject

Note that this is NOT an open invitation to attend the media day. You must email us to be considered. We are only looking for a couple of people to attend.

Looking for someone who can report on the media day, send us pictures, do a trip report, video and possibly an enthusiastic rider cam.

Please email me ASAP!
Last edited by robbalvey on Thu May 14, 2015 1:46 pm.

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby WildEagle2014 » Sat May 16, 2015 9:07 pm

robbalvey wrote:If there is anyone who would like to be considered to cover Six Flags Over Georgia's Joked Chaos Coaster & Harley Quinn Spinsanity media day for TPR on May 22nd please send an email to robbalvey@themeparkreview.com with the following information:

- Full Name
- TPR Screen Name
- Are you a Club TPR Member? (You don't have to be, but please let us know)
- Age/Sex/Location
- Phone number
- Photo of yourself
- Links to your social media pages (facebook, twitter, instagram, etc)
- Please put SFOG Media Day in the email subject

Note that this is NOT an open invitation to attend the media day. You must email us to be considered. We are only looking for a couple of people to attend.

Looking for someone who can report on the media day, send us pictures, do a trip report, video and possibly an enthusiastic rider cam.

Please email me ASAP!

Sent you a few emails about this.
2014: Banshee, Diamondback, Goliath, Thunderhead, Wild Eagle, Intimidator, Gwazi, Kumba, and Sheikra!
2015: FURY 325!!!

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby markysharky17 » Sat May 16, 2015 10:34 pm

I may be going next Saturday but I'm not 100% sure yet. I have a platinum pass or gold pass whatever you call it so I can get into White Water also. And is the new slide at White Water Open yet?
Coaster Count #188 Last coaster was Mako
1. Intimidator 305 2. Skyrush 3. El Toro 4. Maverick 5. Superman The Ride 6. Fury 325 7. Wicked Cyclone 8. StormRunner 9. Kinda Ka 10. Top Thrill Dragster 11. Manta (SWO) 12. Goliath (SFOG) 13. Montu 14. The Beast 15. Mako 16. Intimidator 17. Banshee
RMC+B&M+INTAMIN

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby 11slataus » Tue May 19, 2015 9:58 am

There's a chance I may stop by SFOG on my way down to Disney from Illinois on either this Friday or Saturday. Thought I'd ask a few questions to those who know:

1) If I arrive Friday (which is more likely) I won't be able to get there until probably noon at the earliest. I'm tentatively planning on getting a Gold Flash Pass, but will this be necessary? I assume it will be busy especially after school gets out on that Holiday weekend.

2) Does the Flash Pass work for Namtab?

3) I plan on hitting all the coasters (with Superman being low priority as we have it at SFGAm), Acrophobia, SkyScreamer, Monster Mansion, and the water rides and Super Loop (if open). Any other rides worth it or any that have been down all season?

4) Any plans on what to do first/order to do things? If Saturday then I'd get there at opening, but it looks to be likely midday Friday.

Thanks all!

token black guy

Postby jarmor » Wed May 20, 2015 4:02 pm

Hey guys...I have a season pass question. Im looking at getting the gold pass but i'm stuck on if I should get the membership pass (monthly) or the one time pay pass. The monthly option seems good being that it would be spread out but I’m thinking…normally around the end of the year six flags generally has a fire sale and sell the gold passes for like 50-60 dollars. So…if I am on the membership pay monthly for a year, am I correct and thinking I would not be able to take advantage of that offer? Any help, suggestions are welcome!
"B&M will NEVER build a coaster over 300 ft..." until 2012
"Cedar Fair will NEVER build a coaster taller than MF..." until 2015

Postby dstephe9 » Thu May 21, 2015 5:26 pm

You can get great deals on memberships during some parts of the year.. Mine is going on its third year now and I have had no price increase. I pay $5.23/month for a gold with free parking and then $4 something for a regular..

Now I did get mine when they where brand new and I have some special edition but I love the membership

Plus, I get to keep the same card every year.. No processing of new cards is a big plus!!

Plus after your contract is up (12 months) you can cancel with no fee.. Basically if you buy your membership at the first of the season you can get a $5 trip the second season then cancel if you like!! Haha.. Just saying..

Postby dstephe9 » Thu May 21, 2015 5:27 pm

And yes you can buy the gold pass fire sale. They don't care if you have a membership or not.. Just remember you have to keep your membership for 12 months or pay an ETF.. So you might be paying for two passes for part of the year

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!