Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

P. 733 - Two Villainous New Thrill Rides for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I love donkeys more than me.

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby dstephe9 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:38 pm

Tuesday is probably their least crowded day..

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby SFOG1991 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:25 pm

^I completely agree with this. Wednesday would be my next suggestion, although from my experience there are more camps and other kids groups later in the week, so Tuesday is best.

Postby dstephe9 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:30 pm

Yeah vacations are usually finishing up on Sunday/Monday and later in the week is when "Groups" show up..

Tuesday for almost all parks have been the least busy day for me.. Followed by Wednesday and then it starts picking up again for the weekend

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby vedved82491 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:20 pm

I'm headed to the park this Saturday, but mother nature predicts rain. How does the park run in regards to rain? I'm staying optimistic but preparing for the worst.

Donkey eat mullet pump.

Postby beenagins87 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:27 pm

Is Thunder River open yet?? I know it used to open during Spring Break.
Coasters: 121 ( 89 Steel, 32 Wood)

Top 10 Wood: 1 Lightning Rod 2. Goliath 3. The Voyage 4. Mystic Timbers 5. American Thunder
6. The Legend 7. Thunderhead 8. The Boss 9. Great American Scream Machine 10. The Beast

Top 10 Steel: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. 1305 3. Maverick 4. Goliath (SFOG) 5. Fury 325 6. Twisted Timbers
7. Millenium Force 8.Twisted Cyclone 9. Top Thrill Dragster 10. TN Tornado

Postby dstephe9 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:01 am

vedved82491 wrote:I'm headed to the park this Saturday, but mother nature predicts rain. How does the park run in regards to rain? I'm staying optimistic but preparing for the worst.

It's mixed if it rains.. Sometimes the coasters are open sometimes they aren't.. I have been there with pouring rain and nothing closed but been there in a drizzle and half the park closes..

Of course if there is a storm in the area the rides will also close.. It really just depends!! Lol

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby josephcissell » Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:55 pm

dstephe9 wrote:
vedved82491 wrote:I'm headed to the park this Saturday, but mother nature predicts rain. How does the park run in regards to rain? I'm staying optimistic but preparing for the worst.

It's mixed if it rains.. Sometimes the coasters are open sometimes they aren't.. I have been there with pouring rain and nothing closed but been there in a drizzle and half the park closes..

Of course if there is a storm in the area the rides will also close.. It really just depends!! Lol

It has also been a mixed bag in my experience, but generally most things stay open in rain if it is only rain. Mind Bender and Dare Devil Dive seem to be the most rain sensitive of the big rides. For Mind Bender, that is probably due to the fact that it uses friction braking and the brakes are mostly uncovered. DDD just seems to be highly fickle to changes in weather in general and often doesn’t open with the park.

Donkey eat mullet pump.

Postby beenagins87 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:07 pm

josephcissell wrote:
dstephe9 wrote:

It has also been a mixed bag in my experience, but generally most things stay open in rain if it is only rain. Mind Bender and Dare Devil Dive seem to be the most rain sensitive of the big rides. For Mind Bender, that is probably due to the fact that it uses friction braking and the brakes are mostly uncovered. DDD just seems to be highly fickle to changes in weather in general and often doesn’t open with the park.

I've been surprised.. the two days opening weekend DDD actually opened on time with the park, I was shocked because like you said, that's extremely rare.
Coasters: 121 ( 89 Steel, 32 Wood)

Top 10 Wood: 1 Lightning Rod 2. Goliath 3. The Voyage 4. Mystic Timbers 5. American Thunder
6. The Legend 7. Thunderhead 8. The Boss 9. Great American Scream Machine 10. The Beast

Top 10 Steel: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. 1305 3. Maverick 4. Goliath (SFOG) 5. Fury 325 6. Twisted Timbers
7. Millenium Force 8.Twisted Cyclone 9. Top Thrill Dragster 10. TN Tornado

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby no_brain_er » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:25 pm

I'm actually going this evening (it's UGA Night, only UGA students and alumni/family can get in so the lines are usually a lot shorter), and I'm psyched because I haven't been since 2013. Weather report says there's a slight chance of rain, but only before I'll get there, which is rad. The back seat of Goliath and Mind Bender are calling my name. I can hear them...
--Adam!--

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby SFOG1991 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:49 am

no_brain_er wrote:I'm actually going this evening (it's UGA Night, only UGA students and alumni/family can get in so the lines are usually a lot shorter), and I'm psyched because I haven't been since 2013. Weather report says there's a slight chance of rain, but only before I'll get there, which is rad. The back seat of Goliath and Mind Bender are calling my name. I can hear them...

I won't be there tonight, but I am going for Georgia State Uni. night next Friday. I went last year and since it is promoted so poorly the park was absolutely dead! It was amazing. Plus it's the only time before Fright Fest that you can get many night rides in!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!