TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Seems a bit odd the ride would be hidden behind that building. I would think you'd want people to see the ride even when loading/unloading.

loading and unloading is boring for most people.

folks are gonna see this when it's swinging. . tho I like the Steampunk theme. . . too bad SFOG isn't getting the DC theming like Fiesta. . our queue is supposedly gonna be a funhouse.

Had a great visit today - not at all crowded; most rides were station waits including Twisted Cyclone. This was surprising as the weather was excellent. We got our first rides of the year on the (newly repainted) Scorcher. The trains got some love too as the restraints all look new. Oddly enough the ad wrapping for Georgia's Own CU was still present.

The new membership lounge has added more features including serving as the location to pick up Skip-the line passes (no more going to Flash Pass HQ) as well as more refill stations.

Pandemonium is built; the construction on the surrounding areas continues. We got a great look from the top of Sky Screamer, which incidentally was doing extra long cycles today - up to the top, halfway down; back to the top; halfway down; back to the top and then a long slow descent down - never seen that before. I really hope they add more theming to the Screampunk District. I admit I am spoiled by the immersive SFMM version; I will reserve judgment until they are officially done though.

I can really tell the park is working hard on improving food and beverage service. We did not wait longer than 5 minutes anywhere to get food today. The new refill stations are helping cut down the actual food lines.

Still not sure what the plan is for the former Goliath games area...all the shade canopies installed at the top of those tall poles has been removed. For now it is a large seating area with no shade.

Next visit: Sunday May 5th. Cheers.....

Got to the park around 3 in the afternoon. Parking lot was semi full-but park was not super busy. Canopy shade structures were back at the posts by Goliath Games and Goliath was running very efficiently with trains not stacking as they often do. No work going on as far as I can tell at Pandemonium. (Hope that opens for Memorial Day Weekend) In other news, the boats at Splashwater Falls are gone and the lift/crane that hoisted them in and out of the water is now on its side. Left around 7, all in all good day!

IMG_20190505_144925119_HDR.thumb.jpg.c23291acc80e2dcf432722c9c22ef8cf.jpg

No noticeable work on Pandemonium

IMG_20190505_171103442_HDR.thumb.jpg.bbb7b51df2c0f8c11055345f4f88ca89.jpg

RIP

IMG_20190505_185326771_HDR.thumb.jpg.682308e0df63ffe9a66324d0bae47753.jpg

First time seeing Scorcher with its fresh coat of paint, looks great!!

Hi SFOG experts.. my wife and I are going to be in SFOG for the first time in 30 years this Memorial day weekend. I think we will be there Sunday as it looks right now. What can we expect on that day as far as crowds? Does it make sense to do the flash pass right away? I am mainly focused to the coasters and we will be there before opening so we get right in. I am wondering what is the best plan with or with flash pass to hit all the coasters based on location, capacity, etc? Thanks for your suggestions, b

Across town, SF White Water had their opening day, in spite of a terrible weather forecast. Good news is there were NO storms and the weather was quite pleasant! Crowds were at a minimum and every attraction I observed was a walk-on.

A few observations:

The Little Hooch (Lazy River) got a major overhaul with resurfacing of the trough as well as new paint for the entirety of the circuit. The walls and fencing adjacent to the lazy river were extensively cleaned as well making this attraction look really nice.

There is an all new small retail location located near the park entrance next to the tube rental station.

The 2019 Dive In Movies list banners were posted at the head of the wave pool as in years' past. Looks like there is some rehab work taking place near the movie screen building.

in talking to an operations manager, he confirmed the Rapids ride would remain closed permanently; it has been removed from the park map. He also indicated this would eventually be the location for a new attraction.

The Diamond / Elite seating area has been reconfigured somewhat and looks much better.

A new membership lounge and charging station has been set up near member services.

I cannot comment on improvement (or lack thereof) in the food and beverage service as the park was very much empty and lines were non existent. Hopefully this will be improved from last year; the next busy weekend will tell the tale.

Welcome back, summer!

in talking to an operations manager, he confirmed the Rapids ride would remain closed permanently; it has been removed from the park map. He also indicated this would eventually be the location for a new attraction.

The rapids were located in Screampunk, right? Would be cool to see another major ride in that area.

The rapids were located in Screampunk, right? Would be cool to see another major ride in that area.

pretty sure he's talking about the slide in White Water Bay park (that was called "the rapids").

this one here:

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

SFOG just removed the chute the chutes boat ride, no way (like zero chance) they are pulling out the Thunder River rapids ride. . it's super popular, and gets one SOAKED).

Across town, SF White Water had their opening day, in spite of a terrible weather forecast. Good news is there were NO storms and the weather was quite pleasant! Crowds were at a minimum and every attraction I observed was a walk-on.

A few observations:

The Little Hooch (Lazy River) got a major overhaul with resurfacing of the trough as well as new paint for the entirety of the circuit. The walls and fencing adjacent to the lazy river were extensively cleaned as well making this attraction look really nice.

There is an all new small retail location located near the park entrance next to the tube rental station.

The 2019 Dive In Movies list banners were posted at the head of the wave pool as in years' past. Looks like there is some rehab work taking place near the movie screen building.

The Diamond / Elite seating area has been reconfigured somewhat and looks much better.

A new membership lounge and charging station has been set up near member services.

I cannot comment on improvement (or lack thereof) in the food and beverage service as the park was very much empty and lines were non existent. Hopefully this will be improved from last year; the next busy weekend will tell the tale.

Welcome back, summer!

Thank you for this update! I’m really sad to hear The Rapids is going away. Such a unique ride! Fun and long. I assume it needed upkeep work and the park also probably would rather not have to staff it since there has to be employees at every splash pool.

For the locals:

My family is visiting the park for the first time on Sunday and Monday, June 30th and July 1st. I have a few questions as a first time visitor.

1. Is two full days necessary without Flash Pass, or can we get away with 1.5 days?

2. Is a plan of attack necessary? I understand Dare Devil Dive is the worst line in the park, and we plan on using our Diamond Membership skip-the-line pass on that coaster both days. Any other tips for rides to hit at opening?

3. Any good food at the park that isn't your typical Six Flags / theme park food?

4. Any "magic seats" on the coasters?

Thanks for any and all advice! This will be my 6th Six Flags park and it seems to be one of the best!

my 1st visit ever to the park (last year) was for 2 days, and my honest opinion is that I was glad I had 2 days, tho really could have done it in 1.

but for things I really wanted re-rides on (and got multiples): Goliath, Twisted Cyclone, Mindbender, Batman, Monster Mansion (!) - it's so F'ed up, I loved it and rode at least a dozen times, Justice League? I was glad I had a 2nd day to go back and didn't mind any lines.

I did find many of the coasters to be really 1 & Done for *me* (DareDevilDive, Scorcher, GASM, Blue Hawk, Superman).. but glad I got a lap on them.

the best food we had while there? Macho Nacho (it was really good).

and several folks hung at the bar directly across from Monster Mansion, and they said the drinks/snacks were good there too.

as to "magic seats"? I really enjoyed Twisted Cyclone towards the front left (yeah, its slow going over 1st drop, but when you come up on that amazing wave turn and you SEE it coming in the front? worth it). I also found Goliath to be better in the back, but that could just be me.

not a local, but that's my 2cents.

For the locals:

My family is visiting the park for the first time on Sunday and Monday, June 30th and July 1st. I have a few questions as a first time visitor.

1. Is two full days necessary without Flash Pass, or can we get away with 1.5 days?

2. Is a plan of attack necessary? I understand Dare Devil Dive is the worst line in the park, and we plan on using our Diamond Membership skip-the-line pass on that coaster both days. Any other tips for rides to hit at opening?

3. Any good food at the park that isn't your typical Six Flags / theme park food?

Thanks for any and all advice! This will be my 6th Six Flags park and it seems to be one of the best!

1. Sunday and Monday are usually the light days in terms of crowds so I would suggest waiting until you are at the park to decide on a Flash Pass or not. And the prices fluctuate day by day so I definitely don't suggest purchasing a Flash Pass online to ANYONE!

2. Dare Devil Dive, Twisted Cyclone, and Superman Ultimate Flight (not necessarily in that order) will have the longest lines for sure. Since you are using your skip-the-lines for Dare Devil Dive, I would suggest hitting Twisted Cyclone first and then making a bee-line for Superman (as it is all the way in the back of the park). Then hit Dare Devil Dive as you reach that section of the park.

3. Macho Nacho is a must have everytime I visit, but there's this new spot called Strutters that I've heard some pretty good reviews about. Its across from the Dahlonega Mine Train and the Membership Lounge. I plan on trying them out next month and giving my own personal review.

4. I personally prefer the back row on EVERYTHING! Lol. Even the Great American Scream Machine (which is pretty much the 'roughest' and one of the oldest rides in the park).

I hope this helps and I hope that you guys have fun! I'll be waiting on that trip report! lol

Thanks for the advice guys. I'll take that all into account.

In addition to this park, we are also visiting Carowinds, Kings Dominion, and Six Flags America (no BGW unfortunately... simply a time and budget constraint. Trying to stick to parks we can use our Six Flags passes and Platinum passes for). I definitely plan on creating a thread and writing up reports on each park!

For the locals:

If you are planning on Blue Hawk, i recommend sitting in car 5 row 1, Less head banging

I was able to attend the Member Event for Pandemonium yesterday. Such a fun ride and a very solid addition to the park.

Rode Scream Machine for the first time this year. The plus is that it was flying and there was abundant airtime - the negative is that there are some planet sized potholes at the bottom of a couple of the drops that were pretty brutal (still rode it twice though )

David

Was present yesterday for the ERT on Pandemonium, and arrived at the park right after opening. It was a little crowded in the morning, however this was not reflected in the operations at the park. All but Miners Cook House was closed in the Lickskillet/Screampunk area, both Thunder River and the Log Jamboree were closed, as well as Blue Hawk, and worst of all, the Sky Buckets were not open either. And it was HOT! We decided to leave the park and return after getting some lunch, and the change was like night and day! All rides open besides Log Jamboree and Sky Buckets, station waits for everything, and plenty of overcast weather. Got 2 rides in on Pandemonium, one midday and one "night," and I'm digging it, super fun ride! We stayed till closing and got a good sunset ride on Goliath. Overall great day!

846575568_IMG_20190523_120023897_HDR(1).thumb.jpg.fa02867a0f4005b8a443308238416732.jpg

Seeing Pandemonium from the top of the hill really puts everything in perspective.

IMG_20190523_161457551_HDR.thumb.jpg.cbc286bc2f9513db051becdc1fe8b959.jpg

The lack of a shade canopy for the Que makes waiting in the hot sun terrible, though the infrastructure is there.

IMG_20190523_161756764.thumb.jpg.fef7a3a0632dffe1863820159830c0ec.jpg

Riders are counted and corralled before riding.

IMG_20190523_162234325_HDR.thumb.jpg.7689a5b58ee4b2725f06ce11b9dff095.jpg

Pandemonium looks amazing.

IMG_20190523_182613883_HDR.thumb.jpg.cdd0e544b995de907114806db6003358.jpg

All the neon on the Mind Bender sign is working and it looks AWESOME!