Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

P. 680 - Pandemonium Announced for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby Thomas Alan parker » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:31 am

Splash water falls is still closed. But other than that the park is very alive today. Construction by the Goliath is still going on. Wonder what is going on there. Maybe a fright
Fest attraction

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby CoasterGuy06 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:18 am

Finally got a chance to ride Twisted Cyclone on Thursday. Cool ride, but I probably would have enjoyed it more if I had not ridden Steel Vengeance last month. Operations were pretty good overall.

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby Seddy » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:13 pm

Thomas Alan parker wrote:Splash water falls is still closed. But other than that the park is very alive today. Construction by the Goliath is still going on. Wonder what is going on there. Maybe a fright
Fest attraction

I think the removal of the machines for the water blasters at Splash pretty much confirms that its on the way out. As far as the Goliath construction is concerned, I was told that many (if not all) Six Flags parks are getting a flat ride themed for Fright Fest. I'm not sure how true this rumor is but I assume we'll be finding out within the next couple of months. I noticed queue railings down there during my last visit so something tells me that its definitely going to be a ride of some sort.
Former SFOG Employee (2005-2006). Former GASM Op(2005). Former Thunder River Op(2006).
Favorite Woodie - El Toro --- Favorite Steel - Dèja Vu (Long live the GIB)
SFOG Ambassador - Per My Mother. (Lol)

Nothing beats Cali coasters

Postby chickenbowl » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:27 am

Woman gives birth at Six Flags Over Georgia, scores free lifetime passes
http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2018/07/25/woman-gives-birth-at-six-flags-over-georgia-earns-free-lifetime-passes.html
A mother's summer fun at Six Flags Over Georgia took a wild turn when she unexpectedly went into labor at the amusement park on Monday.

"The woman, only identified as Crusita, was with her daughter at the Hurricane Harbor waterpark when she went into labor, Fox 5 reported.

Park emergency responders were dispatched, and they helped deliver her son, named Mathew.

As a literal birthday gift, Crusita and Mathew were gifted the Diamond Elite Memberships, which allows them free entry to any Six Flags park, for the rest of their lives.

"All of us at Six Flags Over Georgia wish Crusita, Mathew and their entire family a lifetime of happiness, health and many thrilling roller coaster rides together," a Six Flags spokesperson told Fox 5.

Mathew, according to the news outlet, was only the second baby to be born at the Austell theme park since it opened in 1967."

Interesting story, and good medical support by the team at Six Flags!!

PS - Don't bother clicking on the actual article. It's Fox News and the comments are racist garbage.
Chasing Airtime
Steel Vengeance|Intimidator 305|Maverick|Skyrush|Twisted Timbers
Lightning Rod|Outlaw Run|El Toro|Phoenix|Wildfire

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby SFOGchick » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:09 am

Wow! That is a surprise. The fact that they were given free lifetime passes reminds me of the baby born at a Chick-Fil-A and was given a job offer and free food for life. Best wishes to the mom and baby. :b :b :b
Top 5 - 1. New Texas Giant 2. Batman: The Ride 3. Twisted Cyclone 4. Georgia Scorcher (SFOG) 5. Titan

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby defrocker » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:13 pm

chickenbowl wrote:PS - Don't bother clicking on the actual article. It's Fox News and the comments are racist garbage.

If I shouldn't go to a website because of the comments then I suppose I probably should quit using the internet. :lol:

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby Seddy » Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:18 pm

A few notes from my trip to the park yesterday...

Acrophobia has been closed for over a week now. Something tells me that lightning may have hit it during one of the many storms we had last week. I hope they get it working soon because I miss riding it. :(

The construction near Goliath is moving right along. The framing for the building is just about finished but the mystery still remains about whats going inside.

I witnessed a 5 (yes five) boat jam at Thunder River right at the tunnel leading into the last lake near the waterfall. It was strange because I actually anticipated the jam before it happened - as two boats emerged from the first tunnel within seconds of each other. The attendant sitting at the Lake 2/3 position (beside the Coke Freestyle lookout point) watched with confusion as the first two boats sat there. I personally had to tell her to call up to the operator to report the jam. I'm just glad she didn't press e-stop and cut the pumps because that would have been a bad situation.

Maintenance arrived less than 10 minutes after she made the call. It took them a little bit of head scratching but they eventually got the jam cleared and everybody made it back to the station safely.

Additionally, I stopped into Macho Nacho right as they were pouring in the FRESH queso! OMG OMG OMG! My mouth was in love! Those nacho's were the best I've had yet! :lover:

--Ride Count--
Mind Bender - 2x
Batman - 5x
Goliath - 2x
Scream Machine - 2x
Twisted Cyclone - 2x

**Twisted Cyclone Count to Date - 54x (yes i'm keeping count :p )**
IMG_0609.jpg
What a sight to see! Lol
Former SFOG Employee (2005-2006). Former GASM Op(2005). Former Thunder River Op(2006).
Favorite Woodie - El Toro --- Favorite Steel - Dèja Vu (Long live the GIB)
SFOG Ambassador - Per My Mother. (Lol)

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:44 pm

Seddy wrote:The construction near Goliath is moving right along. The framing for the building is just about finished but the mystery still remains about whats going on inside

Grain of salt. But was told by park rep on tues morning that it’s an improved (covered) queue for Goliath.

And it certainly does look like that’s what it is being built
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Did my donkey title just change???

Postby Sven20 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:41 pm

bert425 wrote:
Seddy wrote:The construction near Goliath is moving right along. The framing for the building is just about finished but the mystery still remains about whats going on inside

Grain of salt. But was told by park rep on tues morning that it’s an improved (covered) queue for Goliath.

And it certainly does look like that’s what it is being built

I was just there this week and they are putting walls on the structure. A new queue that needs a solld wall of plywood, a thin layer of insulation, then outer corrugated metal sheeting?
Last edited by Sven20 on Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:07 pm.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillrider » Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:44 pm

I heard that it was going to be either a restaurant, or Halloween haunt building.
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!