SFNO/Jazzland Discussion Thread

P. 1212: Mayor targets demolition of former park structures
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Re: SFNO/Jazzland Discussion Thread

Postby LegendLover » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:47 pm

John Peck wrote:
RAWKIN_coaster38 wrote:
cfc wrote:
larrygator wrote:Save teh Zehper!

OK, who's got a truck?

I'll volunteer my Honda Accord.

That might work... those Honda Accord's are as tough as nails!

I'll come with my Honda CRV as well.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:50 pm

LegendLover wrote:
John Peck wrote:
RAWKIN_coaster38 wrote:
cfc wrote:
larrygator wrote:Save teh Zehper!

OK, who's got a truck?

I'll volunteer my Honda Accord.

That might work... those Honda Accord's are as tough as nails!

I'll come with my Honda CRV as well.

This is more of a plan than savethebigdipper.org had.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Dutch Wonderland & Hersheypark- Summer

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby LegendLover » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:58 pm

Looking further into the issue of what to do with the site, the main developer that wants the site as of now is TPC-NOLA, a section of the Paidia Company that focuses on attraction design and planning. They are Louisiana based, but most of their clients are European theme park companies, their most prominent client is Merlin Entertainment. Yep, they were behind projects such as Wickerman, Oblivion, the new Colossos, and the Legoland projects. At least in creating the designs for such projects. In 2014, they were the only group to submit a bid to buy the park in time. As of 2014, they had secured 90% of the financing they would need to not only reopen the park, but to BUY the land from the city. Why does it seem like the city is so determined to just bulldoze the park when there is a reputable company that has a plan with funding to buy and reopen the park?

Born when stamps were 2 cents

Postby OldJJman » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:48 pm

I can’t believe there is still discussion about this park.

The park was a complete failure, from the beginning. After its’ first two years of losing major $$, they (Alpha Smartparks, who owned Castle Park in Riverside, CA, where I bought my annual pass for $22.50 for all parks they owned.) were forced to sell at a major loss. SFI stepped in thinking they could make it work by adding a couple more coasters and trees (which were definitely needed!). However, the demographics could not, and would not, support this park. Over its’ 3 year operating ownership, it lost far more money each year.

It was far easier for SFI to file bankruptcy, then to pour any more $$ into a FAILING property. Think about that.

There have been numerous plans over the years to rebuild this property, but the city could not, and will not support it.

If it wasn’t for Hard Rock Park, this would be one of the largest park FAILURES to date.

Let it go!!

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!