TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worst Arrow coaster

Unpopular opinion: Tennessee Tornado

It's smoother than the other Arrows for sure, but its elements are taken at really awkwardly fast speeds which makes them hurt more than they should. I felt like the ride had tried to decapitate me by pushing my head up and shoulders down so hard. I'm just too tall for the Arrow OTSRs I think, they're way too tight and low to be comfortable.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Rougarou had those signs, too. It also had other signs that said: "Due to the popularity of this ride, seats will be assigned" just as you walk into the empty station.

I always get a kick out of those signs too!

I like to think I've learned how to defensively ride Arrow coasters, so none stick out to me as extraordinarily bad. But if I had to pick one, I would say Anaconda because the layout is just so awkward and it has terrible pacing. It's really not that rough though, for me at least.

On the contrary, Viper, X2, and Magnum are definitely my favorites.

As for other Arrows, I'm not very fond of any of those that have corkscrews

For all the years Arrow was around, I feel like the company never figured out how to get people into and out of those elements comfortably. The track usually has some janky, non-heartlined tilt that attempts to gently ease riders into the corkscrews, but instead it makes just makes those elements hilarious and painful.

What's more, the Chinese knockoffs have taken those weird Arrow transitions and somehow butchered them further.

That awkward tilt into the corkscrews + janky Arrow OTSRs designed for short people = one of the wonkiest and most uncomfortable coaster elements EXCEPT (for some bizarre reason) for the corkscrews on Vortex @ KI. I found Vortex's transitions to be more comfortable than the ones on the more standard corkscrew models (Demon and CP Corkscrew). No clue what causes that difference but I'm not gonna complain about it.

Tennessee Tornado is the opposite of the older Arrows for me in that its transitions are the best part of the ride and the elements themselves are what cause the pain.

Runner-up tie...... The Bat & Drachen Fire: Engineering disasters that never worked properly or economically.

Absolute worst: X2 because financially the provierbial “nail in the coffin” for Arrow as we knew it.

It really depends what the definition of “is” is......as said by President Bill Clinton

Unpopular opinion: Tennessee Tornado

I've never "gotten" this ride like many enthusiasts do. I don't have the pain problems you do, though, so I don't mind riding it, but it's not atop my list of "best Arrows." Then again, I don't have Arrow nostalgia to begin with.

Ninja @ SFSTL

Ninja is a Vekoma ride with Arrow trains.

It's an Arrow designed, Vekoma built ride with Arrow trains that is so bad that it qualifies as worst Arrow, worst Vekoma, and somehow worst peanut butter and banana sandwich. There may have been a mixup with the awards envelopes.

TBH, I don't really have a "least favorite" Arrow. Probably Corkscrew at Cedar Point because of that airtime hill, but that's about it. Nowadays, Arrows have nothing "special" to offer because their rides have mostly been outclassed, except maybe X2, but I haven't been on that one, so I'm not really sure.