TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Annoying stuff that happens in theme parks- The List

Parents that try to get their kids that are too short onto rides by lying. While ride opping, I've had countless numbers of parents tell me "But they've been on every other 48 inch ride!" Yeah, no.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

#1....Smoking in lines

#2....fast lanes.

I understand(And have purchased it many times myself) the money the parks make on fast lane(except for Disney), but it just adds significant wait to a line that would otherwise not be so bad. I think that over the years, parks have increased the number of fast lanes that they originally caped off at a certain nimber. At some rides, the fast lane line was twice as long as the regular line.

^ This. I notices this at Phantasialand where they have fast lane, but it is rarely used. It meant the queues moved. Always. So satisfying and removed the stress of a stationary line, or half the train being for fast pass people.

^^Fast lane itself doesn't annoy me, what annoys me is when the employees continually let in the fast lane people to ride, and don't stagger the fast lane/non fast lane people.

Particularly I remember Mirror Mirror at CGA (which you already have to wait longer for, due to the way the maze works) took especially long because they would immediately let in every Fright Lane person who walked up and then could barely let in just a few average folk before they had to close it up and wait through the cycle. Also, they always let the Fright Lane people in first, so by the time I made it in the regular line, the maze cycle had already been running for a few minutes and I didn't have very much time to spend inside before they rushed us out. Later, I went and bought Fright Lane and did the maze again, and we got to experience the other side of things -- no wait at all, and a very very long time spent inside. I think they should have staggered it a lot more than they did, because it basically meant the non-Fright Lane people couldn't experience the maze very fully despite waiting 30-60 minutes.

I will forever be annoyed when they make announcement in a line queue that no one can hear -- especially if its about the ride being shut down for a bit. (I'm looking at you Magic Kingdom Buzz Lightyear queue).

• 1 year later...

Guests that walk too slowly through the park. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not encouraging running in the park because that’s against the rules, but far too often it takes me a long time to get where I’m going because people in front of me walk at a snail’s pace.