Underrated Coasters?

What coasters don't get the attention they deserve?
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Re: Underrated Coasters?

Postby RollerManic » Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:37 pm

Ghostrider. Not entirely underrated, but I believe the vast majority of people that haven’t ridden it since the refurb just don’t appreciate how good it is. EASILY top 10 stuff.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:19 pm

^ I rode it last week, and I totally agree with you! I never rode it before the refurb, but afterward,
first at WCB in 2016, you could see the locals really enjoying the ride. With relief, lol. :smile:
IMG_0880.JPG
They looked happy on it. Sept.08/19.
IMG_0913.JPG
One of the last rides of that day. Sept.08/19.
Last edited by Nrthwnd on Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:40 pm.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby jlp94 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:08 pm

Batman The Ride clones have become very underrated. I've had enthusiast friends recently say things like they're "rough" and "sucky" and some even say "boring" but the one at SFGAm in specific has been HAULING ASS this year, with some forces on the level of Raptor and nearly countering the likes of Montu and Nemesis. Just because something is cloned doesn't mean it's bad.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:15 pm

RollerManic wrote:Ghostrider. Not entirely underrated, but I believe the vast majority of people that haven’t ridden it since the refurb just don’t appreciate how good it is. EASILY top 10 stuff.

I agree GhostRider is amazing. I feel like it'll be hurt in polls for a while since a lot will vote for it pre-refurb.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Gardaland & Mirabilandia

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:50 pm

thrillseeker4552 wrote:^I completely agree. I would argue that Fahrenheit (and even Storm Runner) are the most underrated coasters I have ever ridden.

Agreed 100%!! Stormrunner is AMAZING!!! That launch is still one of my favorites, and I love the crazy on-ride photo setup with the tons of cameras lol!

Fahrenheit is awesome too! I love the vertical lift, into the beyond vertical drop with the awesome Norwegian loop! Such a great ride! :br
Bigger is not always better.

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby Bamwa » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:17 pm

I never here about Bizzaro but got on that last weekend and love it and the special effects after dark. Instantly my #1 floorless over Superman at Fiesta.

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby RollerManic » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:15 pm

^Bizarro is also my favorite floorless. Best zero-g roll on any B&M. Good layout and the effects really add to the ending.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby coasternut79 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:36 am

I haven't read through the entire thread but in the last few pages I would agree that Alpengeist get way too much crap. I personally think it's the best of the inverts I've been on. The size and the the setting/placement are fantastic and holy crap that cobra roll...easily the most forceful of any B&M I've ever been on.

Some others I really like that don't get a lot of press:

Afterburn at Carowinds - Great flowing coaster with no mid course. The last corkscrew is nasty!

Griffon - I know it doesn't have the inversions but with the old restraints the airtime is awesome!

Kumba - This coaster always knocks my socks off. I personally like it better than Montu. The last time I was there it blew through the mid course like it wasn't even there. So good.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:05 am

The Pepsi Python at the now closed Coney Island had a two car train and it had some nice air on the drops.

The old Galaxi at Palace Playland had a double car, but the drops on the SDC ones aren't as steep.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Gardaland & Mirabilandia

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby I Like Theme Parks. » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:37 pm

I don’t remember if I mentioned this coaster before in this thread, but it needs to be mentioned again anyway. The Bat/Top Gun is easily a top-three coaster for me at Kings Island. That thing feels so fast, the location/scenery is awesome, and it was really forceful. I’d actually choose the Bat over some B&M or Intamin inverts.

I also have to mention Gale Force. Since the re-tracking, it’s been running smoother, faster, and it cycles around twice now. It has some serious airtime, and it’s the best steel coaster in NJ for me.
Top 3 Parks: Knoebels, Dollywood, Cedar Point
Top 3 Steel Coasters: Steel Vengeance, Phantom's Revenge, Skyrush
Top 3 Wood Coasters: Voyage, Lightning Rod, El Toro
Top 3 Flat Rides: Knoebels Flyers, Zipper, It
185 coasters

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!