Underrated Coasters?

What coasters don't get the attention they deserve?
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Re: Underrated Coasters?

Postby pǝʇɹǝʌuı » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:00 pm

I Like Theme Parks. wrote:I don’t remember if I mentioned this coaster before in this thread, but it needs to be mentioned again anyway. The Bat/Top Gun is easily a top-three coaster for me at Kings Island. That thing feels so fast, the location/scenery is awesome, and it was really forceful. I’d actually choose the Bat over some B&M or Intamin inverts

I agree, The Bat is my favorite of the three Arrow suspended coaster's I've ridden, and one of those is Ninja.

I'm going to reiterate my love for Wicked Twister on here. Get it in the front or back and it's a quality ride.

Postby ArgoZ » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:15 pm

RollerManic wrote:Ghostrider. Not entirely underrated, but I believe the vast majority of people that haven’t ridden it since the refurb just don’t appreciate how good it is. EASILY top 10 stuff.

Yup. I only had memories of a rough coaster that came to an almost full stop mid brake run, offering a boring second half. Last week, it became one of my favs, never letting up and barely allowing me to breathe! What a transformation!

Postby ArgoZ » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:24 pm

Khat26 wrote:I think Goliath at SFOG is underrated. IMO, it's the best B&M hyper. The last bunny hills gave decent ejector air. I also think it has the best pacing compared to their other hyper models.

The Dania Beach Hurricane was also underrated. I wish it was relocated instead of demolished.

I’ve rode almost every other Hyper before Goliath. When I looked at the average, not too steep drop, I wasn’t expecting much. Somehow, a back seat ride gave me awesome air all the way down. The constant speed, with floater and then ejector air was perfect. The best Hyper I agree.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:43 pm

I swear Mystery Mine still remains one of the most underrated coasters I’ve ever been on!
Bigger is not always better.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:53 am

^ For sure. We rode that more than anything else last time we were there.

I also don't hear a lot of appreciation for the suspended coasters. Ninja and the Bat are both awesome, and Iron Dragon is pretty fun too, just a bit overshadowed by other coasters at Cedar Point.

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!