Walt Disney World Epcot Discussion Thread

P. 273 - Food & Wine 2019 Preview Event!
Users viewing this topic: SixFlagsAstroworld and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Re: Walt Disney World Epcot Discussion Thread

Postby dominoes » Tue May 21, 2019 11:53 am

Chiselphane wrote:The case of Buzzy's disappearance has been solved. Short version is: employee theft.

https://miami.cbslocal.com/2019/05/20/former-disney-employee-accused-of-stealing-magic-kingdom-epcot-costumes/

Actually unless I missed something, they seem to have just accused this guy of taking costumes and things belonging to Buzzy. However the animatronic is still missing (he had been investigated before and they didn't find any evidence of him having the animatronic). Glad they finally got him though for stealing all those items.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:37 pm

Epcot's Food & Wine Preview 2019!
IMG_2508.jpg

Welcome to one of my favorite events of the year! Where we get to preview a little bit of what is new at the upcoming Epcot Food & Wine Festival! And this year looks like it will be an absolutely AMAZING year! I'm going to just jump right in with something important...

IMG_2541.jpg

This is Raclette! It is beautiful, delicious, and should be your ABSOULTELY MUST HAVE of the event! Do not stop anywhere else, head straight to "The Alps" and have this. THAT. IS. AN. ORDER!!!

IMG_2554.JPG

So what is Raclette? In basic terms it is a "swiss" cheese that is melted under a high-heat broiler and then immediately scraped onto a dish and then into your stomach. That's how it works. It's been around for CENTURIES and it is something we often get when in Europe.

IMG_5804.JPG

Here is the Raclette booth at Europa Park, for reference, and also to show that I'm not lying! :lmao:

IMG_2685.JPG

And as I said, the Raclette is baked to an amazing gooey and delicious state and then scraped off the half-wheel onto the plate.

IMG_2568.jpg

Here is the final product.

What I found so "entertaining" at the media event was how many people had NO CLUE what Raclette was! I even overheard someone say they thought it was invented by Disney just for Food & Wine! :lmao: I couldn't decide if I was just happy that Epcot is introducing this to people who were unaware of its existence or if I was disappointed in how uncultured and untraveled most Americans were! Either way, I'm just REALLY HAPPY this dish is coming to Epcot Food & Wine!

Here is a video of Raclette in action! I highly suggest watching it:

Oh, yes, there were other items at the event! :lmao:

IMG_2710.jpg

This was FANTASTIC! Will probably be my second new stop... Actually more like my seventh new stop because I'll first have six stops at Raclette.

A few more new items...
IMG_2696.jpg

IMG_2698.jpg

IMG_2708.jpg

IMG_2727.jpg

Some of these I tried, some I didn't... but I look forward to trying them ALL when the event opens!

And I know everyone LOVES the Disney merchandise and Food & Wine always has some super cute and fun items! Here's a preview of what to expect...
IMG_2571.jpg

IMG_2576.jpg

I'm sure these Minnie ears will be VERY popular!

IMG_2592.jpg

This Remi chef's hat is fantastic!

IMG_2596.jpg

Always happy to see new Figment merchandise.

IMG_2601.jpg

And yes, pin trading is still very much a "thing" at Walt Disney World!

IMG_2637.jpg

A few more shirts and other items to round out the merch preview.

IMG_2747.jpg

Hey! Look who I ran into! It's Joey Fatone from N*SYNC! Elissa was NOT JEALOUS AT ALL about him showing up to the event!

IMG_2668.JPG

He was there to announce that "Joey Fatone & Friends" will be playing as part of the Eat To The Beat Concert Series on Nov 12, 13, and 14th. He even gave a shout out to TPR! Watch:

IMG_2752.jpg

And finally... THIS! OMG!!! THIS!!! Every single person needs to start the festival with Raclette... have MORE Raclette... and then end your night with the amazing Coffee & Donut Alcoholic drink! That is the recipe for a perfect visit to Epcot Food & Wine Festival!

Huge THANK YOU to Disney for inviting us out to the media preview!

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby Dombot » Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:32 pm

OMIGOD RACLETTE. I've seen so much of that stuff from Europa Park TRs, and I'm stoked to finally try it out. Food and Wine is my favorite time of the year so I'm just hyped about literally everything. Thanks for the report Robb! :)
1. Intimidator 305 2. Kumba 3. Twisted Timbers 4. Goliath (SFoG) 5. Mine Blower
6. Mako 7. Alpengeist 8. Twisted Cyclone 9. Montu 10. Mindbender

"If you trip me I will crumble and fall because I am a poorly structured building" ~Carson King

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:25 am

The raclette looks very good. Something I'd love to try someday.

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby dhubbuch » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:57 am

Man,I absolutely can't wait for my annual visit to the Food & Wine Festival! I'll be there twice between Oct. 21 and Nov. 7.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:31 am

I honestly feel like someone at Epcot loves me. I mean, how "Elissa-Friendly" is this event!?!? Cheese, Potstickers, Rodents, Raclette, and now Joey Fatone!?!?! IS IT AUGUST 29 YET?!!?

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:12 am

Hmm--each year i wonder whether I'll make it to Food and Wine in the fall. Then they add raclette and some alcoholic coffee drink that's garnished with a donut.

Fiends! :lol:

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!