Walt Disney World Epcot Discussion Thread

P. 274 - All the D23 Epcot Announcements! (There's a LOT!)
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Bonafide Donkey Expert

Re: Walt Disney World Epcot Discussion Thread

Postby Dombot » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:06 pm

The as-yet-unnamed space will come to life under the vast dome of the pavilion previously known as Wonders of Life (more recently the Festival Center) and will debut to guests in time for the Walt Disney World Resort 50th anniversary.

OHMYGOD YES. It's about time. :b
1. Intimidator 305 2. Kumba 3. Twisted Timbers 4. Goliath (SFoG) 5. Mako
6. Twisted Cyclone 7. Alpengeist 8. Mine Blower 9. Montu 10. Incredible Hulk

"If you trip me I will crumble and fall because I am a poorly structured building" ~Carson King

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby BlahBlahson » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:10 pm

I was so sad when all of the Innoventions exhibits were shuttered. But this "Play" Pavillion looks to take that idea to the 900th degree. It almost looks like they were inspired by both Innoventions and Kidzania for what they are doing. It looks amazing, and that area of the park will be positively buzzing now with GOTG, Play, Mission Space and Test Track. I hope society totally forgets the idea that Epcot is not a kids park because it's awesome for everybody.

How cool would it be if they installed the Illuminations Globe in the Fountain of Nations or somewhere else in the park as a permanent structure when it retires? That's my only suggestion as the imagineers have already promised to exceed my wildest dreams for this park.
Remember: Get out there and RIDE!

Starbucks Enthusiast

Postby gisco » Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:08 pm

Lots of new things coming to the park which is awesome. Never liked the entry way so the redesign should be cool.

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:57 pm

SharkTums wrote:
larrygator wrote:A play pavilion? I'm starting an online petition to bring back : Where's the fire?

Pretty sure you and Joey are the reason Where's the Fire is gone! :lmao:

I'm just glad I didn't actually start a fire while failing to find the fire! :lol:

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:25 pm

Disney Quest Reborn! :wink: I know I know, it's totally different. Still, it reminds me of DQ a bit.

The future plans read great, and the art concepts look really nice.

P.S. It's been so long, I really don't remember, but....are the Body Wars simulators still there at the back of the Wonders of Life building? If so, maybe there's a re-purpose in them somehow, with this new pavilion concept? And the Cranium Command theater too, I guess? If not, is there still a bunch of space back there to work with? Just curious.

EDIT: Just found a recent photo of the Guardians/Galaxy construction,
showing the 2 show buildings still attached to back of the WoL pavilion.
WondersOfLife.png
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Alan Schilke is my "man crush".

Postby Woodie Warrior » Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:15 pm

Nrthwnd wrote:P.S. It's been so long, I really don't remember, but....are the Body Wars simulators still there at the back of the Wonders of Life building? If so, maybe there's a re-purpose in them somehow, with this new pavilion concept? And the Cranium Command theater too, I guess? If not, is there still a bunch of space back there to work with? Just curious.

The Body Wars simulators were recently scrapped for replacement parts for Star Tours.

From the looks of it this pavilion will be centered around shows and meet and greets as opposed to actual attractions.
Last edited by Woodie Warrior on Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:13 pm.
Top 10: 1. The Voyage 2. Outlaw Run 3. Millennium Force 4. SkyRush 5. Maverick
6. El Toro 7. Fahrenheit 8. Storm Runner 9. Thunderbird 10. Powder Keg

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:55 pm

I am completely on board with EPCOT's new approach, and especially this new pavilion. I can't wait!
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:23 pm

I’m 100% on-board with the “new” EPCOT! :br :be

I’m just hoping that Illuminations holds out till our visit at the end of June!! I know it’s not the “best” theme park firework show.... But I’m still wanting to see it one more time before it’s gone forever. :(
Bigger is not always better.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:10 am

Sounds promising. Disney's been busy rejuvenating everything, and if this in line with everything else, it'll be very worth the effort.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Satans Hockey » Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:28 am

I think this looks amazing, that new entrance pavilion looks so much nicer than what they have now with the legacy tombstones as I've seen people call them. The trees and color really look so much better. Epcot has so many changes in the next few years and it all looks so good. Can't wait to get back down there.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!