Walt Disney World Epcot Discussion Thread

P. 274 - All the D23 Epcot Announcements! (There's a LOT!)
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Walt Disney World Epcot Discussion Thread

Postby thrillrider » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:57 pm

Apparently, epcot has suffered a power loss tonight. Most attractions have been closed for a while, and the line at guest services is out the door.

Anybody at the park tonight or know what caused this?
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby cparkes92 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:58 pm

thrillrider wrote:Apparently, epcot has suffered a power loss tonight. Most attractions have been closed for a while, and the line at guest services is out the door.

Anybody at the park tonight or know what caused this?

No idea, but I did see that Epcot had issues from one of my friends (from college) that happens to work at Disney and retweeted a picture of the guest services line
Top 10 steel: Steel Vengeance, Millennium Force, Maverick, Mako, Incredible Hulk, Banshee, Diamondback, Raptor, SheiKra, Montu
Top 10 wood: Mystic Timbers, Shivering Timbers, Beast, Racer (KI), Viper, American Eagle, Woodstock Express, Blue Streak (CP), Mean Streak (RIP), Wolverine Wildcat

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:24 am

From what I heard a transformer blew. Test Track and Soarin' seemed the most affected.

Girls don't like me because I can play RCT better than you

Postby TheCoasterKid211 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:01 am

Heading over to the park later today for the Flower & Garden Fast. Anything I should know about? Thanks! =)
| |Alpengeist| |Cheetah Hunt| |Kumba| |Mako| |Intimidator 305| |
"Yeah, I like coasters. Yes, I'm a kid. Don't know what the 211 means, but whatever." Check out my TR thread!

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:20 am

^Eat a lot of stuff.

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:23 pm

I'm surprised no one has made mention of this permit and speculation of a Ratatouille ride at Epcot.

http://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/news/2017/06/23/disney-permits-may-hint-at-rumored-new-ride-at.html

Disney permits may hint at rumored new ride at Epcot's France pavilion
Jun 23, 2017, 8:52pm , Jun 24, 2017

A new permit filed by Walt Disney World has some theme park fans believing it supports rumors for a new ride in the works at Epcot.

The permits, dubbed Epcot France Back of House Modifications, proposes to add "impervious surface" — which can include pavement — to the 5.70-acre area that includes back-of-house space behind and between Epcot's France and Morocco pavilions.
This shows an aerial of the area that Disney will be seeking to fill in with "impervious surface." Theme park fans believe this may hint at a new ride in the future.

While the permits don't hint at much, theme park blogs like WDW News Today have said it could signal the work toward Epcot adding a new ride based on the Pixar film "Ratatouille." The film, which follows the story of a rat named Remy in Paris with a knack for cooking, already has an existing attraction, Ratatouille: The Adventure, at Disneyland Paris.

Added Robert Niles, editor of Theme Park Insider, via a post: "With this application covering only site preparation work, we would appear to be several months — at least — away from the start of any major construction at either the France or Universe of Energy pavilions." Disney recently filed permits for more backstage work at Epcot behind the Universe of Energy pavilion, which has raised rumors of a possible Guardians of the Galaxy or Tron attraction.

The Disneyland Paris Ratatouille attraction is a 3-D dark ride where riders find themselves as guests in Remy's kitchen and in a frantic adventure through the kitchen and the restaurant's dining room while evading those who aren't keen about seeing rats in the restaurant.

It's not far-fetched for many to think Disney may be looking to add a new ride to Epcot's World Showcase. The company has been aggressively expanding for several years, and Epcot is among the Disney parks that always has been a target for more investment from the company.

Executives with Disney were not immediately available for comment.

Of course, it's worth noting that rumors like this should be taken with a grain of salt. Disney has many new attractions it may or may not be working on and, if this rumor is true, it may be part of a long-term plan by the theme park.

Either way, the addition of new attractions to Orlando's theme parks help create new buzz for the region and boost visitation. That further helps keep the region's tourism industry busy and its large employment base working.
Epcot.JPG
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby RollerManic » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:02 pm

I saw it two days ago, but was just too lazy to post it (ps - thanks for posting it so I didn't have to)

I was very pleased when I heard this news. I always thought a Ratatouille ride would be a great fit back there and it's good to see that corner of the park getting an E-ticket.

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby KarlaKoaster » Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:41 pm

I think Ratatouille is a fun but not spectacular dark ride and should be a nice fit into the World Showcase. I'm a bit on the fence about IPs going into World Showcase as there is a risk it could become a bit generic and like any other park, but if they choose appropriate IPs and do it well then I guess I have no problem with it.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:01 am

RollerManic wrote:I always thought a Ratatouille ride would be a great fit back there and it's good to see that corner of the park getting an E-ticket.

I know people are thinking Ratatouille since that ride currently exists in Disneyland Paris in their France area that looks just like Epcot, BUT...

Don't forget that they are also currently working on a Beauty & The Beast ride for Tokyo Disneyland, and that certainly is a property that more people know than Ratatouille, so that might also be a possibility.

I'm a bit on the fence about IPs going into World Showcase

I personally love it and has greatly enhanced World Showcase since they started bringing the Disney feel into that section of the park. I mean, it's a Disney park. Why shouldn't it have Disney characters?

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby KarlaKoaster » Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:06 am

robbalvey wrote:
I'm a bit on the fence about IPs going into World Showcase

I personally love it and has greatly enhanced World Showcase since they started bringing the Disney feel into that section of the park. I mean, it's a Disney park. Why shouldn't it have Disney characters?

Yep, can't disagree with that. Like I say, if they do it well and the IPs suit the areas they're putting them into (which has been the case with Frozen and looks to be the case with Ratatouille/Beauty and the Beast) then I have no problem with it.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!