Walt Disney World Epcot Discussion Thread

P. 269 - Epcot is getting a makeover!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Walt Disney World Epcot Discussion Thread

Postby Philrad71 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:03 am

Awesome food, drink, music and art....looks like Epcot has another winning festival on their hands.

Although my wallet wouldn't like it either!

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:43 am

coasterbill wrote:
robbalvey wrote:Now before you might be all "Wait, another festival at Epcot???

Are people bitching about this? Please tell me this disclaimer wasn't put here because people are bitching about this now. Please.

Yes, of course people complained when it was announced because that's all people do now... *sigh*

But let's just break that down for a moment. Let's assume that even if you weren't interested in this festival at all, what is the alternative? Having just normal Epcot with no extra features? And trust me, I *LOVE* regular old classic "Vanilla" Epcot, and that is still one of my favorite parks in the world.

So that being said, again, let's just assume you don't care about this event at all... Tell me what is the harm in walking around World Showcase and in addition to the already fantastic park, you have some amazing looking Disney-inspired art all over the place, new little "touches" like the added signage, Disney legend artwork on display, wonderful Disney music being sung by professional talented artists, and decent food placed around the world showcase.

Tell me again what the "downside" to this event happening is?

It's like you have said, there is literally NO REASON for anyone to complain at all, but instead of not bitching and being happy, they are coming up with the most inane reasons to complain about, simply because people feel that's what should be done now instead of actually appreciating something new and refreshing that DOESN'T COST THEM A SINGLE PENNY on top of the park entrance ticket and if you wanted to completely avoid it and not pay any attention to anything at the event at all, you easily could.

Shake My Head!
Last edited by robbalvey on Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:48 am.

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby cookiex » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:20 am

I don't even know what there is to complain about, an art festival is exactly the kind of thing I'd expect to see at Epcot given that it's practically a giant museum with some rides thrown in, and it's a celebration of human achievement.

If it was Animal Kingdom it'd be a bit more questionable (unless the theme is nature art) but Epcot? Not at all.
| Taron | Helix | Wildfire | Balder | blue fire Megacoaster | Schwur Des Kärnan | Silver Star | Expedition: Everest | Manta (Florida) | Kraken |
Coaster count: 91

| Europa Park | Liseberg | Phantasialand | Disney's Animal Kingdom | Gröna Lund |
Park count: 28

MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:45 am

Honestly though sometimes I feel like those fanboys want all the parks to be exactly how they were like when they opened.

If you even complain about Disney using FREE art show to get more guest flow during slow season, go during peak season and wait two hours for Test Track then!

Postby bert425 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:44 pm

wow. . LOVE the idea of this.

and the food all looks incredible.

something I've always wondered, and never quite understood.. .. how do the food stands work? does Disney sell a "passport" that let's you sample all the food options? or do you need to buy each Ala carte?

if the 2nd, I could see that getting very expensive quickly, since I'd want to try everything!

but I'd do it. . . .

just wondering how the food stuff works?
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:40 pm

bert425 wrote:how do the food stands work? does Disney sell a "passport" that let's you sample all the food options? or do you need to buy each Ala carte?

if the 2nd, I could see that getting very expensive quickly

You buy each ala carte. And yes, you are right! :P

Postby bert425 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:35 pm

robbalvey wrote:
bert425 wrote:how do the food stands work? does Disney sell a "passport" that let's you sample all the food options? or do you need to buy each Ala carte?

if the 2nd, I could see that getting very expensive quickly

You buy each ala carte. And yes, you are right! :P

LOL. . yep.

as I said tho, I'd save up my $$ and do it (dunno if you recall from our trip to DC a couple of years back, my tab at the Native American Smithsonian cafeteria was something like $47 just for my own, since I wanted to try so many different things :))
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby djcoastermark » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:19 pm

^ Just wait until you go to the new Smith African American History Museum. The food is sooo darn good, and yes I spent a fortune on it as I did at the Native American Museum too. Ahh, food, glorious food.

Mr. October

Postby JimmyBo » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:40 pm

This looks like an amazing event and I'm pretty sure if we vacationed there during this festival, we would have to ship a ton of the artwork back home. Some of the displays and art are just AMAZING! I also love the idea for the kids to get involved with Figment. He really is one of the best characters ever created!

Jimmy "My house would be covered with this art" Bo
Do not believe this post!

90% of the time, I am sarcastic all the time...it's science!

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby TBpony414 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:23 pm

I'm really loving all the paintings and various artwork. Some of the pieces are absolutely fantastic!!!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!