Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

P. 612: "The Year of Shows & Festivals" details announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Donkeys are my way of life!

Re: Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

Postby ElvisLuv » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:37 pm

DoinItForTheFame wrote:
Shavethewhales wrote:There actually are a ton of hardcore religious types there. You always see large groups of people with the signature flannel shirts or long denim skirts. I am sure opinions on Halloween vary among them, but SDC being the park it is doesn't want to step on anyone's toes. Not to mention the fact that SDC pushes itself as a Christian theme park far more than even DW.

That's exactly what I was trying to get across!

Regardless, I do hope they do something like DW does for Halloween. It could be something new that could bring in a decent amount of locals during what would normally be a little bit of a slower time of year!

I imagine they would keep the same type of schedule except for Fei, Sar and possible Sunday. It is during the school year and not too many schools around here give a fall break. That said last fri was a food day cause all the bikes in in ade NWA once a year and the locals flee, Fayetteville even closes school on the Fri of Bikes, Blues and BBQ, Branson is a refuge many head to.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:47 am

sdcfan88 wrote:For those mentioning the usage of more blatant Halloween themeing at the park, its already been done before, back in the 90s to the early 2000's the Flooded Mine's final scene in the tower used to have some freaky looking ghosts with a laser show.

Oh yeah, that wasn't just a Halloween thing either. That was the full time ending. Really freaked me out as a kid. It was replaced with the current "Hurry before the guards wake up" escape scene. Honestly it was a better story when everyone died.

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby Jaykethekid » Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:56 am

JT325 wrote:^Thanks for your input. That sounds great!

Is the whole park doable on a Saturday? I like lots of re-rides on coasters but I like to do everything else as well...

With the trailblazer pass, you will be able to get re-rides on everything at least once with the exception being time Traveler since you can only use a trailblazer pass on it one time per day until next year as SDC has that rule for any new attraction in its first year of operation. But if you want to truly “see” SDC to the fullest, I’d recommend at least 2 days minimum.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/a119863cb40d603ccb6f817858d7c1d5.jpg[/img][/url]

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby JT325 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:10 pm

^Thank you. Very important note about the new coaster, I would have missed that. Maybe I'll stay for Sunday, I like taking my time in good parks. Only caveat is driving home alone as my friend has to leave on Saturday (and driving there alone as well). No biggie, I'm sure it's worth it.
#CPFrontierLift2019

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:41 am

Definitely go for 2 days. There's so much more here than just roller coasters, don't try to jam it all into a small amount of time if you can help it.

SDC closes early this time of year, usually 7 on Saturdays and 6 on Sundays. Bigfoot on the Strip, The Track, and the two alpine coasters are open later, so head into Branson once the park closes to continue the fun.

Take the cave tour.

Eat cinnamon bread.

Postby JT325 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:50 am

^My buddy came to his senses and decided to stay for the 2nd day. Very happy! He told me "don't eat for like a week before you go," in prep to feast on all the goodness at SDC. We are also doing a mountain coaster Friday night, those can be fun. No brakes, please.
#CPFrontierLift2019

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:39 pm

Sweet! Yeah, all the food is great at SDC, and pretty cheap too. Most things are under $10, and they definitely give you a lot.

If you only do one mountain coaster, do the Runaway on 165. It's one single long lift, and it gets going really fast at the end. Branson Coaster on 76 is fun too, but it has two shorter lifts, so the top speed is lower even if you hold it down all the way. Both coasters do a good job of spacing so that a slow person in front of you isn't so much of a concern, but of course it's always possible.

Postby JT325 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:07 am

^Actually, we're already scheduled for group time on the Runaway Mountain Coaster. The dude who puts the events together for us got us a great $5 deal, and we get exclusive time too. Talk about a bargain. Supposedly there are "lights and stuff" all over the coaster. I'm thinking since it's just a small group of park/coaster enthusiasts, we might get a little extra room between sleds. Either way it will be fun.
#CPFrontierLift2019

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:54 am

That's great. You'll have a good time.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby sdcfan88 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:34 pm

The park is slated to do an announcement for 2019 at 9:00 am this Friday.

Some are still speculating Dollywoods LumiNights is coming to SDC. Personally I wouldn't be opposed to more opportunities to be at SDC at night.

https://www.facebook.com/Silverdollarcity/
44091286_10156740819947603_2132004255152734208_n.jpg

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!