Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

P. 632 - Mystic River Falls Announced for 2020
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 8 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I know more about donkeys than women!

Re: Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

Postby parkjunkie » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:39 am

Looks amazing, can't wait to ride this. Its awesome to see how far SDC and DW have come along just in the past few years with their coaster lineups

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby drummermattk » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:09 am

Went to the park yesterday for my first time ever and LOVED IT! We where on the third public train out on TT and although it was a little chilly, our first ride blew us away! I will have a TR on another topic page up hopefully this weekend or tomorrow night!
Drummer, Guitarist, Coaster Enthusiast and a metal head 
126 Credits and counting!
Creator of MK Media on all social media platforms!

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby TM3988 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:24 am

This ride is so sick! Its innovative, its impressive, its a game changer, it looks so much fun and the station theming looks awesome! SDC has a winner!

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby ElvisLuv » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:09 pm

cal1br3tto wrote:Great video. Nice to see it confirmed/reiterated that every ride will be unique. Maybe it was explained before, but the controlled spinning aspect made me wonder if the experience would literally be the same each ride. Incidentally, I'm now a lot more excited about Cobra's Curse after reading comparisons here--I'd kinda put that one on the back burner priority-wise. The same was semi-true for Time Traveler, but now I'm disappointed I don't know when I'll get to SDC next. Hopefully someday it will be unlimited on Trailblazer.

Mossed wrote:I love review season. Can't wait til they start pouring in.

True this.

In an odd twist, although SDC is my Home Park with season passes, I'll ride Cobra's Curse this weekend and then TT at SDC three weekends later. WI'll be interesting to compare/contrast the Macks.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby Hoppy » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:10 pm

Thank you for the great vid, Robb!

This makes me want to come back to SDC soon... although logistics will be hard with 5 kids now. I've got the Cinnamon Bread on my mind and Outlaw Run to marathon again. This looks more impressive than Cobra's Curse and I love the multiple launches that keep the ride moving.
Roller Coasters, Fireworks, and Kobe Beef, oh my!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:53 pm

For anyone who has ridden Time Traveler and/or waited in line, how is the capacity on this thing? The trains only hold 16 people, but I believe I saw a separate unload area? Or am I mistaken? Just curious.
Steel: 176 / Wood: 32 / Total: 208
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)
Favorite Coaster: Intimidator 305

Postby ElvisLuv » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:57 pm

thrillseeker4552 wrote:For anyone who has ridden Time Traveler and/or waited in line, how is the capacity on this thing? The trains only hold 16 people, but I believe I saw a separate unload area? Or am I mistaken? Just curious.

Two trains according to reports and supposedly they have already ditched the unloading stand and it seemed to speed things up.

Postby ElvisLuv » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:58 pm

thrillseeker4552 wrote:For anyone who has ridden Time Traveler and/or waited in line, how is the capacity on this thing? The trains only hold 16 people, but I believe I saw a separate unload area? Or am I mistaken? Just curious.

Two trains according to reports and supposedly they have already ditched the unloading stand and it seemed to speed things up.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:02 pm

thrillseeker4552 wrote:The trains only hold 16 people, but I believe I saw a separate unload area? Or am I mistaken? Just curious.

They do have a separate unload area. (as seen below)

TT.png

ElvisLuv wrote:Two trains according to reports and supposedly they have already ditched the unloading stand and it seemed to speed things up.

3 trains with 4 cars per train.

I find it strange that they would "ditch" the unload station. Like why go to all the trouble/cost of installing the harness release mechanisms, and unload gates on a separate unload station if you aren't going to use it?

I'd love more concrete proof that they are no longer using said unload station.
Bigger is not always better.

Nothing beats Cali coasters

Postby chickenbowl » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:06 pm

^Apparantly yesterday they were only operating two trains, and when you don’t have all three running, the unload platform actually decreases capacity
Chasing Airtime
Steel Vengeance|Intimidator 305|Maverick|Hakugei|Skyrush
Lightning Rod|T Express|Outlaw Run|El Toro|Phoenix

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!