Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

P. 632 - Mystic River Falls Announced for 2020
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Re: Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

Postby drummermattk » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:27 pm

Hi guys, in need of some recomendations for the park. Myself and two other friends are excited to be visitnig the park for the first time, and we got the ERT for TT before the park opens.

Where would be a good place to eat inside the park, get souvenirs, and does the park have Wifi?
Drummer, Guitarist, Coaster Enthusiast and a metal head 
126 Credits and counting!
Creator of MK Media on all social media platforms!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:44 pm

I often recommend the skillets to first time visitors, as they're the most unique. You can go anywhere, though; there's no bad food. Read a menu and go to what catches your eye.

For souvenirs, depends on what you're looking for. The shops feature more crafts than your typical theme park stuff. If you want to buy something like glass or pottery, have it sent to the pickup location in Ozark Marketplace. You'll exit the park through there at the end of the day, so it's easy and you don't have to lug anything around or potentially break it.

No public wifi, or at least they haven't so far and they haven't advertised that they are getting it. I think they will at some point as it's becoming pretty much standard, but those hills have got to be tough to get adequate coverage.

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:01 pm

https://blog.silverdollarcity.com/article/5-things-you-need-to-know-about-opening-day

New blog post today describing the new area, with menus for the new and/or expanded restaurants.

SDC Blog wrote:The brand-new Traveler’s Stop restaurant serving up delicious fried chicken sandwiches and gourmet grilled cheeses, while guest favorite Buckshot’s Skillet Cookery moved into a new building across the street and will debut an expanded menu. Hatfield’s Tater Patch is still serving up their signature calico potatoes, but the restaurant will have a fresh new look. We’ve also built a new guest outdoor seating area with expanded capacity, giving you more room to relax and enjoy your lunches and dinners.

You’ll also have the chance to explore three new shops on Valley Road. Time Traders is your one-stop shop for Time Traveler souvenirs, while Emmaline’s Dress-Up Emporium features a wide range of costumes that will inspire little adventurers to take a journey into their imagination. And be sure to swing by Casey’s Dugout, featuring a wide range of baseball-themed apparel, souvenirs and home décor.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:06 pm

^..."an expanded menu of" ....skillets?

:lover:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:57 pm

SDC Blog wrote:...gourmet grilled cheeses...

SDC Blog wrote:...Buckshot’s Skillet Cookery ... will debut an expanded menu.

:lover: :lover: :lover:
Bigger is not always better.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:03 pm

^ You totally beat me to it. :Pr In a good awesome foody way!
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Postby prozach626 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:15 pm

Not only is Andrew incredibly knowledgeable about SDC, but I'm jealous about hearing the pride he has for his home park... F-U SFSTL

As far as the souvenirs go, Emily and I picked up a bottle opener from the metal shop where the gifts were forged on sight, years ago. That thing opened bottles like a champ. It had a very simple design, but it was incredibly rigid. They had a lot of cool stuff in that shop.

Unfortunately, we lost the bottle opener somewhere over the summer. Now we're more frequently forced to use the bottle opener on the collar of our dog, Greg. At least he's good for something.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:13 am

Just a reminder to keep an eye on the Theme Park Review Twitter today as Robb is at the Media Day Grand Opening for Time Traveler at Silver Dollar City!!!

https://twitter.com/ThemeParkReview

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby CoasterLover » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:38 am

Excited to see some new videos/images of this ride! Looks like it will be a lot of fun!

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby thedlr » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:01 am

I just saw Robb on SDC's live stream hah!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!