Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

P. 632 - Mystic River Falls Announced for 2020
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Donkeys are my way of life!

Re: Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

Postby ElvisLuv » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:45 pm

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:Yeah, I'm with you there. I was already interested in the indoor water park, but white water rafting is genuinely exciting. The Ozarks draws outdoor enthusiasts, so this is a very good fit for the area. I can totally see this being the thing that sells some people on a Branson vacation.

Wow, how Branson has changed in the last five years. It's gone from a place chasing a dying clientele year after year to a place that's actually forward thinking. I'm impressed.

It's fantastic, some of us have been stating the ideal Ness of this for some time, the streams get low come July and this will get quite some use by enthusiasts. I've researched the mentioned park in North Carolina before, they can crank the flow from beginner to Class 5. Lots of Cities are turning creeks and drainage streams into courses as well.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby STLSPINSANITY » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:15 am

Hi Guys

Taking the family down to Branson over Easter and was wondering if there was any type of local discount for Silver Dollar City. I know about the Thursday special along with the after 3 deal. Anything else to look for?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:32 pm

Keep in mind that SDC is closed Easter Sunday, April 1. The after 3 on Friday, all day Saturday is probably your best deal. In past years, the Branson ticket place on 65 offered 2 days for the price of 1, but it's closed now and became a family style restaurant. I think it's safe to say that discount is gone, as that place was the only one offering it to my knowledge. If you're going to stay 2 full days or longer, just get a season pass. They're $85 for an adult and offer 10% off restaurants and merchandise.

Postby Philrad71 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:52 pm

^^ Have you already booked the hotel you will be staying at?

We just got a pretty sweet deal on lodging through the SDC website that includes 2-2 day tix, plus 2 Titanic tickets and 3 nights accommodations for less than $500. Their website is pretty sweet and you can pretty much make up any package that fits for you and your family...I was certainly impressed.

I imagine that Easter weekend might be a little more than that, but given that it's still early in the season, maybe not?

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby STLSPINSANITY » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:36 pm

Philrad71 wrote:^^ Have you already booked the hotel you will be staying at?

We just got a pretty sweet deal on lodging through the SDC website that includes 2-2 day tix, plus 2 Titanic tickets and 3 nights accommodations for less than $500. Their website is pretty sweet and you can pretty much make up any package that fits for you and your family...I was certainly impressed.

I imagine that Easter weekend might be a little more than that, but given that it's still early in the season, maybe not?

Yeah we have a time share at Holiday Hills that we will be staying at for the weekend. They usually have some type of deal but force you to go through a 3 or so hour sales pitch. Was looking for other type of deals. I may end up getting season tickets as that seems to be the best deal right now.

Thanks for the info

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby Coastercowboy » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:18 am

Going to SDC opening weekend. There appears to be a 2 day ticket option on the reservebranson.com website. The price is something like $70.00 or so. Has anyone gone this route? Is it recommended? I know the season passes aren't much more, but we live near Dallas and this will be our one and only trip there this year. Plus there are 4 of us so any way we can save $ is a big deal.

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby sdcfan88 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:21 pm

Got my exclusive opening day ticket for Time Traveler. Looks like I will be one of the first few groups of people riding it on Weds morning. :D Its gonna be crazy!
Last I checked you can still buy ERT tickets for $25 valid for that day. HERE

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:29 pm

I am so jealous of all 500 of you who get to ride it first! :airtime: Have a great time!
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:55 pm

Have fun! I'm working that day, but will ride it 2 days later. From the event information, we now know that Time Traveler will have a 51" minimum.

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby EliHorton » Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:50 pm

Darn. I wish I was on spring break this week so I could go ride it. Fortunately, my school (Spokane) is the only school that has spring break the week we do, so my friends and I will be able to go with the park completely empty.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!