Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

P. 612: "The Year of Shows & Festivals" details announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed May 16, 2018 12:53 pm

^ Thanks! Sounds like the brace probably isn't necessary then.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Twisted Colossus, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325
Most Recent Trip Reports- Disney California Adventure & Disneyland

Postby Philrad71 » Wed May 16, 2018 3:34 pm

Condor wrote:^Yeah, I didn't feel like making this a full play-by-play trip report, but I certainly had my caves and cinnamon bread!

IMG_2726.jpg

We were there on Tuesday and probably saw you in the park. You probably recognized me...I was the guy with an older guy that was in a motorized scooter...oh wait. :lol:

I agree with how you ranked your coasters. Despite only getting one ride on Powder Keg and Time Traveler, they both impressed. I ended up with about six rides on Outlaw Run and agree that it is definitely the star attraction of the park.

Can't say enough good things about this park - we LOVED it!!!

Postby cal1br3tto » Wed May 16, 2018 6:18 pm

Time Traveler photos are so...satisfying. It's still weirdly surprising to see a spinning coaster train do those maneuvers.

Count me as another Powder Keg fan. Moreso on my first visit when I was newer to coasters, but I still judge it to deliver. My rankings are borked, but it seems to be at my #30 steel. Great combo of elements, airtime, and views.
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Wed May 16, 2018 6:23 pm

I like that there is more forest still around it, and makes it more interesting to see,
what you can of it, no matter where the shot is taken from. I like that a lot! :smile:

And oooooooo those Night Shots! <drools>
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby Jaykethekid » Tue May 22, 2018 6:10 am

So I’ve been at SDC for the last two days and have noticed a few things. I must say, it really looks like they’ve stepped up their landscaping game. It may be that my last visits have been during the winter so all the colors look a lot more vibrant than I’m used to. Regardless, the park looks absolutely stunning and gorgeous.
Now, Time Traveler has actually been running pretty reliably. It’s been running two trains and I don’t think it had any breakdowns so far. The only thing noticeable is that the one train that had the back car closed off in March still has that car closed. I don’t know what the problem is. I also don’t know why they’d run that train over the other one with no closed cars. Who knows.
Lastly, it’s weird how slow Outlaw Run is running. It was running so slow that I was slightly hanging on my side in the wave turn and felt like we were never going to make it out of the last barrel roll. It was coming out of that roll so slow that the train fully decelerated just barely after the last car made it into the brake run. It’s a stark contrast to how it was running at Christmas where it would nearly blow the full brake run. Regardless, it’s a great ride when it’s running slow. Also, has the dispatch audio been gone for a while? Not one of my rides had it.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/a119863cb40d603ccb6f817858d7c1d5.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Tue May 22, 2018 9:28 am

I've never seen a TT car closed off, but I only go on weekends. Could be they run that one on weekdays to save wear on the other when capacity isn't as necessary.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby TealShirtz24 » Tue May 22, 2018 8:02 pm

I went to the park today and all the lines for the rides were nonexistent besides Time Traveler. That said I never waited more than 30 minutes the 3 times I rode it. The ride really blew me away, it is just so FUN! The first ride I was in the back car and was facing backwards about 85% of the ride and it was AMAZING. I was also able to get a ride in the front car which I found equally as fun as the back. My favorite part of the ride is the swooping downhill turn and the corkscrew, especially when you go through it sideways, it is such a unique feeling!

As pointed out above, I did notice one train did have the back car closed off and it was that way when I went to the park on a Saturday a couple of weeks ago. It was also down when the park opened today for about 10 minutes due to the PA system not working, other than that it was also running whenever I walked past it throughout the day.

Another highlight of the day was when my friend and I rode Flooded Mine we were the only 2 on the whole entire ride lol. That is the first time anything like that has happened to me at a theme park.

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby Chiselphane » Wed May 23, 2018 10:37 am

Jaykethekid wrote:So I’ve been at SDC for the last two days and have noticed a few things. I must say, it really looks like they’ve stepped up their landscaping game. It may be that my last visits have been during the winter so all the colors look a lot more vibrant than I’m used to. Regardless, the park looks absolutely stunning and gorgeous.
Now, Time Traveler has actually been running pretty reliably. It’s been running two trains and I don’t think it had any breakdowns so far. The only thing noticeable is that the one train that had the back car closed off in March still has that car closed. I don’t know what the problem is. I also don’t know why they’d run that train over the other one with no closed cars. Who knows.
Lastly, it’s weird how slow Outlaw Run is running. It was running so slow that I was slightly hanging on my side in the wave turn and felt like we were never going to make it out of the last barrel roll. It was coming out of that roll so slow that the train fully decelerated just barely after the last car made it into the brake run. It’s a stark contrast to how it was running at Christmas where it would nearly blow the full brake run. Regardless, it’s a great ride when it’s running slow. Also, has the dispatch audio been gone for a while? Not one of my rides had it.

The dispatch audio has gotten noticeably quieter since debut but I don't recall it ever being gone completely. I hope that its not a permanent change, I rather like it.

Postby Philrad71 » Wed May 23, 2018 3:53 pm

TT also ran the back car empty when we were there a couple of weeks ago. Luckily I got the back-est seat that I could get...great ride!

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed May 23, 2018 5:38 pm

^ It'll be interesting to see if they have the back car open on the busy Memorial Day weekend. Hoping I'll get to experience it at least once, but regardless, Time Traveler looks like a great ride.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Twisted Colossus, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325
Most Recent Trip Reports- Disney California Adventure & Disneyland

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!