TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Has anyone here ever been to Strickler's Grove

They have a copy of a classic John Allen coaster called the Tornado, and according to one review, actually the only review I could find, it's supposed to be pretty good.

Just wondering if anyone here was able to make it on one of the two days a year it's open to the public

Here's a pic from RCDB.COM

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you mean Stricker's Grove? Here in the Greater Cincinnati area??? I have been there (maybe 15 years ago) but don't remember a coaster. Aren't they available to rent for private parties? If enough people were interested, maybe there would be a way to do it......

Shari "If we're talking about the same place" Shoufler

Do you mean Stricker's Grove? Here in the Greater Cincinnati area??? I have been there (maybe 15 years ago) but don't remember a coaster. Aren't they available to rent for private parties? If enough people were interested, maybe there would be a way to do it......

Shari "If we're talking about the same place" Shoufler

Yup thats the place, fixed the title.

The tornado was added in 1993, then he added another wooden kiddie coaster called the Teddy Bear in 1996.

Here's a pic of the teddy bear thanks to RCBD.COM

Yep, Strickler's is only open to the public on July 4th, the first Sunday in August (Family Day) and then at least last year it was open the first Sunday in October. If you check some other coaster forums, there are TRs of the park out there if your really interested in how it is. Definitely some tough credits to get. I'm planning on trying to get them during the Family Day this August. I'm probably going to combine it with a PKI/Wyandot Lake/Holiday World trip.

When did they paint the Tornado? I remember it being natural wood.

Oh, and I think it's highly irresponsible to take your dog on a coaster; and it's just as bad that some parks allowed it. Tamar flies out and everyone is up in arms, meanwhile, if that dog fell out, nobody would give a $hit.

WOOF WOOF SPLAT

-kip-

(I would care )

Ted, that's an awesome idea. It would probably be pretty difficult to plan and execute, but I'd easily slap down, oh, $40 for a day at the elusive Stricker's Grove. I wonder how much it costs to rent the park for half a day (we probably woudn't need an entire day?). I mean, it can't be extremely expensive, it's a picnic grove in a random Ohio town.

The two woodies don't look all that interesting, but hell, they are wooden so I would like to ride them.

-kip-

it's a picnic grove in a random Ohio town.

It's not that random... in fact the park is probably about 25-30 miles (maybe less) from downtown Cincinnati.

OK.... since I am "right here", would you all like me to call them and find out what a rental involves? I would be happy to get the information and post it back here for you.... (I'm off work Thursday, I can add it to my to-do list)

Shari "a random theme park fan in a random Ohio town" Shoufler

I've read some TRs on Strickner's Grove on Coasterbuzz.com. It seems like the park opens at 3 pm on the days that it's open to the public. So you can probably do Wyanot Lake for a few hours before heading to Strickner's. I think Columbus is about 1.5 to 2 hours away from Stricker's. I know because I was thinking of a trip to Strickner's too.

That would be pretty cool, have a group from the boards meet, all pitch in and have exclusive time at stricklers grove

BTW the Wooden coaster, although not huge is supposed to be pretty good, and a direct copy of a classic John Allen Coaster the Comet from Rocky Glen Park

well acording to RCDB