TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Calling Disney Cast members...

My girl is down there as a College Intern, so shes not 100% familiar with the way crowds get, but I was wondering how next week "should" be?

I heard that its the very last week of "peak" but as far as I know, most schools are back in session by now at least. I would think this week would be much busier than next week but Im just trying to figure out plans seeing as I leave Friday night.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She works the Floral area. Mainly she works at what she calls "Main warehouse" but she also does work at the Grand and Contemporary.

BTW elissa, GREAT resource. Thats going in the bookmarks.

Edited by Real

Advanced Intern for Floral Design I believe.

Yea, shes gets majorly shafted being Advanced. she gets hardly any perks that the normal interns get...so I dont get it. She gets the more advanced internship but gets way less perks. Makes no sense.

I mean heck, there was some big ordeal for the regular interns, (riding Spacemountain with lights on, all kinds of stuff) and she had to get in via a friend. She wasnt invited...so its really odd how they work it there.

But yea, going to have tons of fun. Looking forward to finally seeing her most, then, riding Dueling Dragons again, then WDW parks, then Crush N Gusher

She actually gets more perks than regular College Program interns belive it or not - including better pay! The thing with space mountain was a special event just for Magic Kingdom College Program CM's - regular interns from the other parks were not able to go either - it's something that the MK does special. (just as an FYI - I realize we are totally off topic here )

Well she doesnt get much then. Shes there for 6 months and gets like 2 single park tickets to give out? I can understand not giving her full employee status, but man, thats not much incentive to bring down your family or friends to visit.

The only perks I actually have enjoyed (and am VERY thankful for) was the 50% off PER night on my rooms at the Economy and Mid-Level Hotels Im staying at. (had to split cost to save more money)

I will be getting the cast preview on Saturday for Soarin (cant beat that either) but shes mentioned some other things that I cant remember but she thought they skimped a bit.

I don't think next week should be too bad at all, actually. Sure its not at the low peaks, but still not like the past two weeks, which the Seas even had a line.

Us, regular College Programers, only get two park tickets too to give out. We don't get any more than they do.

As for the Space Mountain thing, I work at Epcot and got in. It was meant for just Magic Kingdom Cast Members...so we had to wait to see if there was room for us, sure was! I prefer Space Mountain with the lights off, makes it better. But its still awesome to ride it with the lights on though!

Soarin' Cast Preview for Epcot Cast Members Only tomorrow! I'm SO there! YAY. Plus, its just next door.

Come visit Jeremy at the Living Seas, it'll enrich your life.

Crowds should not be too bad. I had family visit me Easter week, and even with the HUGE crowds, we still managed to do quite a bit. The trick is to get there as soon as the parks open and hit the E ticket rides at whatever park you are at (Space Mtn, Big Thunder, Splash Mtn, Mission Space, Test Track, TOT, RnR Coaster). AVOID Magic Kingdom on weekends and Mondays. For some reason, most tourists hit MK on Mondays and you will deal with huge crowds there no matter what time of year.

The weather has been great here lately, so you have a great time!

A great litmus test is just checking WDW hours on their web site. I hear so many people asking about busy times -- do primary source research. Its good enough.

MK hours specifically -- the longer they stay open, the more people around...very simple actually. Spring break: 8 - midnight= bad

Per Typhoon lagoon: the best days are cloudy days (like today) very few people there -- avoid the sunny 'nice' days. You will have to wait a while to get on something like Crush. You can have an overcast day like today in the low 80's and feel fine and not get a burn with moderate sun screen and hardly have to wait for the attractions.

ALSO: if it rains in the morning or late at night and its wet outside people take a while to get into the parks -- so, its a great time to go, even if its supposed to be a busy day because everyone's staying indoors.

As per job perks w. disney: its generally known that if you work for Disney you typically get lower pay etc. Its the cost of 'magic'.

Jose

lol @ "Cost of Magic"

Yea, thats why she said she wouldnt want to work there after this. Its just not something she things is worth her time.

About the other stuff, yea. Im one of those "Florida is my 2nd/3rd home" people so Im all for hitting the parks on those short rainy days. You can be there half a day and get in more rides than a full day if you do it right. Im really looking forward to Typhoon, I havent been there in years.

Im really looking forward to Typhoon, I havent been there in years.

I don't know why, but now I'm at TL almost every day (keeps me from getting too tubby, climbing up to Keelhaul falls or Storm Slides). The environment is lush, and you have the latest and greatest from Disney (at waterparks).

I almost bitchslapped another patron today though. Because of her this young girl had to stop on a slide (this woman was wearing jean shorts a no no -- had rivets and got stuck), so the poor girl almost ran into her, than I kareen into this girl, thank God I wasn't going at full speed I would have done serious damage.

Some people can be so mindless.

Anywho..

disneyfan1313:

One of my wife's sorority sisters used to work for Disney in Anaheim, managing the whole marketing aspect of DCA when it first opened. She got sucky pay (per industry average) and said most of her co-workers did too. Disney takes advantage of people knowing that its a trade off, a nice name like 'disney' resume equals crap(ier) pay. Off hand I know that in my old industry, Star Architects did this all the time, nice name on the resume, crap-tastic pay, even in a high rent area like Manhattan.

McDonalds used to pull this on people, maybe they still do.