1) Millennium Force 2) Top Thrill Dragster 3) Raptor 4) Maverick 5) Magnum 6) Valravn 7) Wicked Twister 8) Gemini 9) Iron Dragon 10) Rougarou 11) Gatekeeper 12) Blue Streak 13) Cedar Creek Mine Ride 14) Woodstock Express 15) Corkscrew 16) Wilderness Run
I'll see about Steel Vengeance soon! I have lots of anticipation for it, and I'll re-edit my post once I ride it. Funny thing is, I might enjoy Maverick the most on a given visit, have a bad-violent ride on Magnum, think that Millennium Force seems a little ho-hum, etc., but over time, this ^ is generally how I regard them.
1. Maverick 2. Millennium Force 3. Magnum XL-200 4. Raptor 5. Gatekeeper 6. Blue Streak 7. Gemini 8. Top Thrill Dragster 9. Rougarou 10. Wicked Twister 11. Iron Dragon 12. Pipe Scream (posted just to piss you guys off) 12. Cedar Creek Mine Ride 13. Corkscrew 14. Mean Streak
Did not ride: Woodstock Express Wilderness Run
Hmmmm. Curious to see how much this changes.
We just left the park. Spent all day yesterday and from 9-1:30 today. With a fresh perspective: (Best to worst) Maverick Steel Vengeance Millennium Valravn Magnum Gatekeeper Raptor Gemini Dragster* Rougarou Wicked Twister* Iron Dragon* Pipe Scream* Mine Ride* Corkscrew *
*didnt actually ride this trip, so based off my 2015 visit
My opinion changes all the time and by the time I'm done with this it will probably change a again, but what the hell..
1. Steel Vengeance- by a huge margin. In a class all by itself. 2. Maverick 3. Millennium Force 4. Top Thrill Dragster 5. Raptor 6. Valraven 7. Gatekeeper 8. Rougarou 9. Gemini (Mean Streak) 10. Wicked Twister 11. Blue Streak (Disaster Transport) (Wildcat) 12. Magnum XL 200 13. Cedar Creek Mine Ride 14. Iron Dragon 15. Corkscrew (Mantis)
Top Thrill Dragster Steel Vengeance Maverick Millennium Force Magnum XL-200 Wicked Twister Raptor Blue Streak Valravn Gatekeeper Rougarou Corkscrew Gemini Iron Dragon
Overall I think Wicked Twister is underrated. I think the coaster community is coming to light on how good Magnum actually is, but I feel like that ride is fairly underappreciated as well. And yes, I like TTD better than Steel Vengeance.
It's funny, I actually think Magnum is generally overrated in enthusiast circles, and the GP have a lot more appropriate (in my opinion) evaluation of it: ie. most I've been to CP with can take it or leave it, at least compared to many of the other coasters CP has to offer. I appreciate Magnum's significance in the coaster world, and lived through its anticipation and arrival. Heck, I had dreams about it before it even opened, dreams that ended up being eerily accurate, in spite of having no actual knowledge of what the station, trains, or lift hill looked like at the time! But I do not think time has been been as kind to is as some apparently do, and in spite of any "tricks", or specific rows, it's still hit or miss as to whether I enjoy it when I ride it these days. Sometimes I do, sometimes I get off and wonder why I just went through that. It's a strangely inconsistent coaster.
I do agree that Wicked Twister is often underrated, and overlooked! I wish I could ride it currently, but hopefully by next year I'll be slimmed down enough to get on it again!
Having said all that, here's my rankings currently.
1. Steel Vengeance 2. Maverick 3. Millennium Force 4. GateKeeper 5. Valravn 6. Wicked Twister 7. Blue Streak 8. Raptor 9. Top Thrill Dragster 10. Magnum XL-200 11. Gemini 12. Rougarou 13. Iron Dragon 14. Cedar Creek Mine Ride 15. Woodstock's Express 16. Corkscrew 17. Wilderness Run
FWIW, if we're counting Pipe Scream as a coaster, like CP does, I'd place it 13th, in-between Rougarou and Iron Dragon.
Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5. Twisted Timbers 6. The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10. Leviathan Honorable Mentions: Phantom's Revenge, Behemoth, Mako, Ravine Flyer II, Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Yukon Striker, Wood - White Lightning
Having been away from the park for several years until my visit in June of this year, I was able to ride several coasters that were new to me. I honestly thought I would find Steel Vengeance overrated after everything I had read about it but boy was I wrong. Not only is it my new favorite at CP but my new #1 overall. Here is how I would rank the top 10:
1. Steel Vengeance 2. Maverick 3. Millennium Force 4. Raptor 5. Top Thrill Dragster 6. GateKeeper 7. Valravn 8. Wicked Twister 9. Rougarou 10. Magnum XL-200
These pages are in no way affiliated with nor endorsed by SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment, Cedar Fair, Legoland, Merlin Entertainment, Blackstone, Tussaud's Group, Six Flags, Universal Theme Parks, the Walt Disney Company or any other theme park company.
photos and videos on this website were taken with the permission of the park by
a professional ride photographer.
For yours and others safety, please do not attempt to take photos or videos at
parks without proper permission.
You need a sense of humor to view our site,
if you don't have a sense of humor, or are easily offended, please turn back
Most of the content on this forum is suitable for all ages. HOWEVER! There may be some content that would be considered rated "PG-13." Theme Park Review is NOT recommended for ages under 13 years of age.