Switch to full style
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Post a reply

Re: What's your favorite Flat ride?

Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:44 am

All-time favorite has always been Drop Tower at KI. However, I've never ridden KD's Drop Tower, which while slightly shorter in height, has a longer drop section and higher top speed. So if I ever ride that it might unseat KI's Drop Tower as my #1...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Screamin' Swings. Skyhawk in particular, and always wish KI could get one but fat chance CF buys another one of those maintenance hassles...

I also like Houdini at Great Adventure. So unique. I've never ridden anything like it. And for being a themed ride, its pretty re-rideable.

I also love any carousel with a fully-functioning organ and percussion set. :)

Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:27 am

1. Mondial Top Scan
2. Chance Zippers
3. IT @ Wildwood

Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:41 pm

Have to go with Drop Line at Dollywood, the view is unmatched by any other drop tower, and your time up in the air is so peaceful but so stressful.

Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:56 pm

For my age group, this. :Pr
Attachments
IMG_5622.JPG
Loves me a Carousel and/or Merry-Go-Round. A Fright Night, last year.
IMG_5622.JPG (85.45 KiB) Viewed 1217 times

Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:04 pm

Huss Top Spin

Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:46 pm

Also this.... "but it's not an f-l-a-t, Dude." Yeah....so, it's a Vertical Flat, lol.
Attachments
IMG_7931.JPG
At the past PNE, last August.
IMG_7931.JPG (122.36 KiB) Viewed 1159 times

Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:53 pm

I like Pirate Ships even though they are generally pretty mild. The way the sensation of light air time alternates between the two halves of the ship heightens the social aspect as you watch the riders across from you.

Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:38 am

Sadly, this is no longer at the park, and I'm not sure if Huss ever built another one of these, but Kieppi was my favorite flat ride ever. Seriously, this thing was absolutely insane.
Attachments
kieppi4.JPG
kieppi4.JPG (231.77 KiB) Viewed 1127 times

Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:57 pm

In no articular order:carousels with real band organ;ferris wheels with working light package;swinging pirate ships;and falling stars(AKA DaVinci's Cradle).
Post a reply
MY LATEST VIDEOS