What's your favorite Flat ride?

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Re: What's your favorite Flat ride?

Postby LuminousAphid » Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:01 pm

Suspence1127 wrote:Image

Lap bars!? Yes please! :) That sounds awesome, I need to get myself on a KMG of some sort soon...
Hopefully I will make it to Fright Nights

As an actual contribution, I think my favorite high-intensity flat recently was the Fabbri Evolution at The Fair... they ran it really slow and it's ugly but an extra bonus was that the first time I rode it, a maintenance worker was up on the platform greasing the main bearing while we were riding it

There was a man on that catwalk while we were riding it (not my photo)

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby no_brain_er » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:00 am

Okay, so this is actually my first post in a long time, but I figured this thread might be the best place to ask.

I've been trying for quite some time now to find out more about a flat ride that was featured in an old VHS tape I used to have called Awesome Rides. If memory serves me correctly, the ride was called the Tumbler, and it looked absolutely bizarre. Here's a clip of the beginning of the video that I found on YouTube (the ride in question appears briefly at the 1:16 mark):

I also think I might have found something similar, maybe a modern predecessor, on a used flat rides website. Other than this, I don't know anything about this ride. I've even been thinking about buying the VHS tape from Amazon and finding an old VCR to try and find out more about it. Does anyone at all remember this, or am I going crazy?

(Also, to keep this post relevant, I'm a total sucker for Tilt-a-Whirls.)
--Adam!--

Nobody beats the Ziz

Postby canadianparkfan » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:13 pm

Awesomefaceninja7 wrote:Actually, I'll change. This... thing is my favourite.

What the hell is that?... It looks amazing :)

Is it the new enterprise model Huss was advertising a while back?
^^As for KMGs, definetly try to make it out to ride one! the one in the pic with the lap bars looks amazing, but as said a few posts back, even the smaller "Freakout" models can be crazy fun with a good long cycle. Once rode a freakout at a fair where we were given a 5 minute long cycle... One of the most fun experiences I've had in a ride.
Top 5 Steel Coasters:
1: Le Vampire, La Ronde 2: Mindbender, Galaxyland 3: Tie: Behemoth, Canada's Wonderland -- Goliath, La Ronde 4: Leviathan, Canada's Wonderland 5: Skyrider R.I.P. :(, Canada's Wonderland

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby ejot » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:46 pm

Time Machine was actually designed and built in-house at Adventure Island's workshop -- an ambitious project and awesome accomplishment for a small, community park.
Recent Visits:HIKennywoodCarowindsKDAdventureland (NY)NW PA/Western NYHersheypark
—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Top Rides: 1Skyrush(#72) 2Phoenix(#2) 3ElToro(#45) 4Fury325(#165) 5Phantom'sRevenge(#184) 6RavineFlyerII(#147) 7Tatsu(#14) 8Blue Streak(#112)

Nobody beats the Ziz

Postby canadianparkfan » Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:31 pm

^Thats great to hear it was built in house

Too bad there's no others like it on this side of the pond. Would be a perfect fit for my home park and it's great collection of flats.
Top 5 Steel Coasters:
1: Le Vampire, La Ronde 2: Mindbender, Galaxyland 3: Tie: Behemoth, Canada's Wonderland -- Goliath, La Ronde 4: Leviathan, Canada's Wonderland 5: Skyrider R.I.P. :(, Canada's Wonderland

Is my pee supposed to be this color?

Postby Midgetman82 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:32 am

My favorite everyday flat is, hands-down, any freefall tower (I LOVE the Larson/ARM towers)! But my very favorite flat ride probably goes to The Crypt at Kings Dominion. Those flips are nuts!
So long, and thanks for all the fish! | Photography Blog |Flickr | @WaterSlideDB | Coaster Count

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby Generational » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:41 am

I love the Huss Flyaways, like Nightwing that used to be at SFNE, or a good old Tilt-A-Whirl. Tilt-A-Whirl's are so much fun, I can't even describe it. It's so much fun and it makes me laugh like a school kid the entire time. Same goes for Tea-Cups.
All American't

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby Awesomefaceninja7 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:33 pm

The Time Machine also has lap bars, adding to the fun.

EDIT: Seen a video of "It". The lap bars are just the tiniest restraints... Ever...
red is dead

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby edgeboy » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:14 pm

I do still love an Enterprise. Paratroopers, Calypso, Space Rollers. Also Shake/Magnum, and I always manage to have a good time on Storm.

Scat is also more intense than it looks.

Fighter has a good "whip" effect.

I've only been on it once, but I never forgot my ride on High Roller:

There is a carnival that is in the middle of refurbishing perhaps the most legendary flat ride of all time: the Chance Turbo. Would love to finally get on one of these! Unbelievable to think that Belmont Park in San Diego had one of these operating.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby coasterexpert101 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:03 pm

Flyers at Knoebels. I haven't been on another flying scooter ride anywhere else that came even close to these.
Looper at Knoebels. Such a fun and unique ride.
S&S screamin swing at any park.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/698d05e514f85afe85ad08ccc5319715.jpg[/img][/url]

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!