Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

P. 680 - Pandemonium Announced for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby prozach626 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:54 pm

I'm really enjoying myself reading through the Freeze page. But, this made me laugh:

I think. But it would be a welcome change if Six Flags would switch to considerably higher-standard uniforms more like Disney parks have. I guess that's mostly just a fantasy, but it sure would be an improvement in the overall "feel" of the parks. The current Six Flags outfits (both for regular park cast members and even for the character costumes) just don't have the nice fabrics, rich detailing, and quality "drape" that contribute to the "first-class" feel one gets so outstandingly at Disney parks. Sort of like the difference between a clearly expensive-looking suit, and some cheap-looking lightweight polyester garment that came off the rack at a bargain-basement clothier.

It seems that even all the way back then people bitched about other parks not being on-par with Disney.

Who gives a fckk about uniforms?

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby Seddy » Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:56 pm

Headed to see the Christmas Lights! Anyone else visiting the park tonight? If you see me make sure to speak! :)
F48BE8BA-179D-4F96-8F92-BA5A8CA2B293.jpeg
Former SFOG Employee (2005-2006). Former GASM Op(2005). Former Thunder River Op(2006).
Favorite Woodie - El Toro --- Favorite Steel - Dèja Vu (Long live the GIB)
SFOG Ambassador - Per My Mother. (Lol)

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby Lotologist492 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:12 pm

Seddy wrote:Headed to see the Christmas Lights! Anyone else visiting the park tonight? If you see me make sure to speak! :)

I was there from the minute the gates opened. I wish I had seen your post beforehand - we had a blast!

A few observations from my visit to this opening day of HitP:
The stage show "Because it's Christmas" - huge improvement over last year in terms of casting. Lots of new and returning talent.

Twisted Cyclone - got in 3x rides (could have gotten many more as there was only station waits all evening but we had other fun stuff to do!)

Today being my birthday - and the first time I have ever been able to celebrate it at a theme park - I got the festivities started with a ride on Twisted Cyclone!

Metropolis Park (including Justice League; Superman): Flash pass staff told it was closed for the season and no Skip passes were available. A little later on we bumped into park President Dale Kaetzel who was roaming the park. We asked him about that area and he assured us it was open. Sure enough - We got in rides on Justice League and Superman. Lines were non existent so skip passes were unnecessary. All was good.

Hot Chocolate cups are YELLOW this year.

Park seemed busy with lots of guests but the major ride lines were all very short or non-existent. It was a great day to visit! I will be back on Monday, including a member event and early ride time. If anyone else in TPR land will be there, message me!
20181117_163521.jpg
This is a great addition to the Holiday in the Park lineup!
20181117_181449.jpg
The Georgia Christmas section continues to be my favorite every year.
20181117_185134.jpg
Much improved "Because it's Christmas" show in action!

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby Seddy » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:15 pm

Last nights visit was nothing short of GREAT! The atmosphere was amazing, the weather was nice (chilly, but not cold enough where I couldn't enjoy the rides), and everything was basically a walk on! I didn't even stop by the flash pass office to get my two skip passes. I have to give it to the decoration team too! All the lights were so beautiful! I dont think I stopped smiling last night. Christmas lights are my weakness. LOL

My only disappointment last night was Monster Mansion. Many of the effects weren't working for some reason. I immediately noticed that the little guy that usually flies above your head as you enter the main show building wasn't moving at all. The show also seemed out of sync. Billy Bob's 'Stay out of the Marsh' warning didn't start until we were already going up the lift. We also didn't get the air-horn treatment at the end. I know this seems silly to complain about but Monster Mansion is one of my favorite dark rides so it saddens me to see them neglecting it.

Anyway, I only spent a couple of hours in the park but I was able to get on everything I wanted to ride so I was satisfied! I didn't make it back to the Metropolis Park area but i'll be sure to check it out when I return. And yes, I WILL be returning before Holiday in the Park is over.

--Ride Count--
Scorcher - 1x
Twisted Cyclone - 2x
Acrophobia - 2x
Goliath - 1x
Batman - 2x
Mind Bender - 2x
Monster Mansion - 1x
IMG_1552.JPG
What a welcome!
IMG_1553.JPG
So many lights!
IMG_1554.JPG
IMG_1555.JPG
IMG_1557.JPG
IMG_1560.JPG
IMG_1564.JPG
IMG_1566.JPG
IMG_1568.JPG
IMG_1569.JPG
SMORES!
IMG_1570.JPG
IMG_1575.JPG
IMG_1576.JPG
Gotham!
IMG_1577.JPG
I also loved the projections!
IMG_1579.JPG
IMG_1580.JPG
Im not really a fan of them removing the Batmobile but it works for them I guess...
IMG_1582.JPG
I haven't seen them turn the Mindbender sign on all season.
IMG_1585.JPG
Former SFOG Employee (2005-2006). Former GASM Op(2005). Former Thunder River Op(2006).
Favorite Woodie - El Toro --- Favorite Steel - Dèja Vu (Long live the GIB)
SFOG Ambassador - Per My Mother. (Lol)

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby crash1984 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:29 pm

xVicesAndVirtues wrote:I used to work for a park and a concern was raised of putting a strain on the local grid when adding a few new water attractions due to having to run several new pumps and other filtration equipment. The park ended up adding their own sub-station and that was that. Costly, but was all done and everything converted within about 3-4 months in the off season. If that's even a problem at SFOG. Considering their size, they probably already have one, and if it had strain on it, they could just expand it next year when they add their Free Spin and do the launch coaster the following year.

Looking at some aerial views there is a substation almost across the service road from SUF and going back it looks like it has been there the whole time the park has been around. Considering how much the park has grown and how rides are a lot more high-tech now it stands to reason there have been updates to the electrical system as well. If the park needs some updates to their electrical system to make a coaster happen, then they will update their system.
One post every 4 years or so seems reasonable to me

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby Lotologist492 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:57 pm

Seddy wrote:Last nights visit was nothing short of GREAT! The atmosphere was amazing, the weather was nice (chilly, but not cold enough where I couldn't enjoy the rides), and everything was basically a walk on!

Glad we both got to enjoy what may have been one of the best days to visit this season! I will most certainly be back; tomorrow and several more times before the end of the season! I also did notice last weekend Monster Mansion with a few effects not working although "Billy Bob's warning and that annoying (sorry!) air horn at the end were working OK. In years' past, MM would get some seasonal overlay for Halloween and then for Christmas. This year and last the park has not added any of those extra elements to this ride.

Anyway - Hope to see some fellow TPR folks at the park!

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby Satans Hockey » Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:40 pm

My first time visiting the park and it couldn't have gone better. Place wasn't crowded at all today and was completely dead by the end of the night. Towards the end of the night I rode twisted cyclone 4x in the last row without even having to get up since there was no one in the queue. Weather was perfect really, not that cold and only a slight mist of rain here and there but nothing bad. I'm guessing that and black Friday shopping kept the crowds away.

I've been on a lot of RMCs but I never fail to enjoy every single ride on one no matter which one it is. Twisted cyclone is a shorter ride but damn it's a fun one.

Goliath was a lot of fun, walked straight on dare devil drop to the front row. I think the only thing I skipped that was open was the stand up because I don't care about credits at all and wanted to actually enjoy myself instead of putting myself through that misery.

The park looked beautiful with the xmas lights but don't waste your time with the train ride. We didn't wait at all but it wasn't worth it at night, the view of all the lights is better if you just walk around instead.

Overall a wonderful day and I definitely enjoyed the park a great deal but I wouldn't make a trip down here just for the park. I'm down here for something else so it just worked out perfectly.

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby TEDodd » Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:54 pm

Satans Hockey wrote:I think the only thing I skipped that was open was the stand up . . . putting myself through that misery.

I rather enjoy Georgia Scorcher.
Certainly not misery.

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby Satans Hockey » Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:07 am

TEDodd wrote:
Satans Hockey wrote:I think the only thing I skipped that was open was the stand up . . . putting myself through that misery.

I rather enjoy Georgia Scorcher.
Certainly not misery.

I've been on a few stand ups and I've never enjoyed any of them, I should have said personal misery lol

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby TEDodd » Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:19 am

Satans Hockey wrote:I've been on a few stand ups and I've never enjoyed any of them, I should have said personal misery lol

I wonder if it's just specific body shapes/sizes?

My son and I both enjoy it (similar height/build). My daughter is shorter and isn't a fan.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!