Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

P. 612: "The Year of Shows & Festivals" details announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 12 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

Postby prozach626 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:31 am

Sounds like you really enjoyed the park. Sounds like you still made out pretty well with your Time Traveler waits.

Postby cal1br3tto » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:04 pm

Enjoying all these trip reports; y'all are seriously stoking my SDC nostalgia. Keep 'em coming!
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby josephcissell » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:58 am

Really happy to hear positive impressions on Time Traveler. From the sounds of things, because it’s a controlled rotation it doesn’t feel so much like a typical spinning coaster? My concern would be over spinning and getting a little nauseous, but with that addressed, the thought of taking an inversion sideways sounds really awesome to me. I really appreciate that the park and Mack have taken some risks with a new iteration on the rotating train concept, and it sounds like this is maybe the best version yet. For people that have ridden, is there any apparent consistency in how an element is typically taken in terms of the car's orientation, or is there enough rotation to vary each ride completely?

I Love Donkeys!

Postby Coastercowboy » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:54 pm

The cars definitely do not spin. They rotate slowly. If they spun like I was originally thinking they would, when it was announced, I wouldn't have made it without getting off sick.

The ride is different every time. We had the good fortune to get the front seat on both of our rides and they were entirely different. On the first launch, we launched sideways first ride. The second ride we launched just about straight backward. The inversions were totally different as well.
One of my favorite things about this coaster is it will be new and different every time.

Postby Philrad71 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:42 pm

Shavethewhales wrote:
Philrad71 wrote:
On another note, I have to say that despite the skillet dinners always looking phenomenal in Photo TR's from here and Dollywood, does anyone else think that Tater Skillet in the trip report looks kind of nasty? Perhaps it was just the lighting?

What was your take on that tater skillet Shave The Whales?

It was alright. It's basically mashed sweet and regular potatoes with a bit of onions and spices and some sausage on top. The consistency can vary throughout the day.

I think the other skillets are probably better, but I wanted to try this again since it is "new".

Thanks for the review!

After checking out all of the dining options at the park on their website, I can see that I am going to have a hard time whittling my choices down! Other than the cinnamon bread (must try), I thought that the fry bread sandwiches, sausage medley skillet, pretzel brat on a stick, grilled chicken and cheese grilled cheese and maybe even the pork rinds all look quite appealing.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:01 pm

^ In one day's visit???? :omg:

:p I wish I still had the stomach to enjoy all of that, even in a two days' visit or so.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Postby Philrad71 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:16 pm

^ LOL...no way I could eat all of that, Bill...even if Michael and I share. We do have two day tickets, but you're right in that could be tough in even two days.

That's why I need the expert opinion from SDC vets on here to tell me what they think is best. ;)

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:18 pm

^ Noted, and very true. :smile:

And personally, I think it's The Skillet meal I'd really want to have.

And The Bread, well duh! ;)

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:33 pm

Definitely prioritise skillets and cinnamon bread, but pretzel brat is pretty great.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:36 pm

^ My life works in 3's, so... so be it. The pretzel brat for me, too!
Three things to definitely have, if ever I find myself at SDC! :wink:

P.s. A beverage there, "not to be missed"...? Like Butter Beer? Or a Dole Whip Float?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!