TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

New board ads?

southpuddle

Hey, Robb. I didn’t see this addressed anywhere else, but I can’t be the only one put off by the recent addition of excessive pop-up ads. I totally get that the website depends on some ad revenue to function, but ads went from barely noticeable to super intrusive overnight about a week ago. The one down at the bottom pops right back up when going from page to page, and there are ads in-between every two posts while scrolling through topics. Just wondering about the sudden change is all - I’ll gladly be the whipping boy if this offends in any way!

I can’t be the only one put off by the recent addition of excessive pop-up ads.

No one is forcing you to read our website. If you don't like them, visit a different website.

TBH, it is EXACTLY posts like yours that made me go "Huh.... should I have ads so we can pay for the site... or just close down the forum?"

So maybe I'll just close down the forum if people don't want to put up with the ads because I most certainly don't want to put up with people like you.

Edited by robbalvey

• 2 years later...

So I've got no problem with ads, and I want to continue supporting the site, but over the past couple of days I've been getting full-screen ads for Cayman Jack hard seltzer while on mobile, which require backing completely out of the page I was on to clear. I'm on Android using Chrome, if it matters.

Just wondering if there was maybe some way to tell the ad company to not use those full-screen type of ads? If not, no biggie, but figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Thanks again for running such an awesome site!

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/16/2021 at 11:54 PM, SharkTums said:

^Weird, I've never had an ad like that come up. I'll mention it to Robb and see if there's anything we can do. Are you still getting it? 

To be honest I haven't tried lately; I typically only browse the forums from my phone when I'm at parks, but it was definitely doing it for my CP/KI trip at the end of May as well as my KI trip earlier in May.  I'll be going to Dorney this coming Friday and can provide an update.

Thanks for at least looking into it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/16/2021 at 11:54 PM, SharkTums said:

^Weird, I've never had an ad like that come up. I'll mention it to Robb and see if there's anything we can do. Are you still getting it? 

Yeah, so it's apparently not doing it anymore.  Problem solves I guess. :)

• Like 1