How do you deal with haters?

I need some tips
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Ask us a question about trip planning, coaster videos, rodent encounters or donkeys!
Keeper Of The Carnivorous Bees!

Re: How do you deal with haters?

Postby Meteornotes » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:42 am

I love how these people just make up random crap. It would be one thing to complain or talk about something that actually happened, but these posts talking about you doing stuff and getting banned at parks that you haven't been to for years are amazing. I think a lot of these people need to up their medications. And you'd think after ten or so years of this nonsense, they'd get bored and take up a more enjoyable hobby. Like punching themselves in the skull.

You did not repost that person that claimed you stole a bus, though. That's still my favorite.

dt
Always trying to keep YOU entertained! Now with more Ice Bat!
The world would be a better place if Dave programmed our iPods - Derwood

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:43 am

chadster wrote:I have the urge to beat my head against the table every time I see a comment like "shouldn't he be spending more time with his family"

My family will tell you that they probably think I spend TOO MUCH time with them! lol Seriously, that's one of the benefits about having your own company and working from home. As a family we hang out ALL THE TIME, probably more than most families spend together. But again, these are just "made up" comments that people will say to make them feel better about themselves. And it's all pretty hilarious to me.

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:00 am

Wow somehow I missed this. I can never not find it mindblowing people have the time and energy to create sites, groups, etc to sit online just to hate something else. Its obvious from their posts and tone they are just negative people in general that need to hate to make themselves feel better. Which is crazy in a hobby like this that's about having fun.

Thanks for sharing, its truly entertaining (and honestly very very sad).

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby RaceBoarder » Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:10 am

Just keep doing your thing Robb...

"Nerd Culture" has a downside and this is a perfect showcase of that crap... It's amazing how the internet has allowed these people a soapbox over the last 10-12 years.... Just keep letting the haters hate. Jealousy is a wonderful thing to observe from afar :lmao:

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:58 am

Meteornotes wrote:You did not repost that person that claimed you stole a bus, though. That's still my favorite.

dt

It was, indeed, a splendid example of rank idiocy.

Fluffy, Fluffy, Donkeys Filled With Medicine and Goo!

Postby coneyislandchris » Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:08 pm

Robb, have you given any thought to recording a series of Kimmelesque "Mean Tweets" parodies featuring some of their comments? Seems like the sort of thing that would go viral fairly quickly!
That coaster dad [316] and that coaster kiddo [175]. Road trip buddies for life.
Dad's faves: Fury 325. Phantom's Revenge. Intimidator 305. El Toro. Skyrush.

Kiddo's faves: Banshee. Top Thrill Dragster. Valravn. Apollo's Chariot. Twisted Timbers.

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:26 pm

coneyislandchris wrote:Robb, have you given any thought to recording a series of Kimmelesque "Mean Tweets" parodies featuring some of their comments? Seems like the sort of thing that would go viral fairly quickly!

I totally support this, although I doubt much of the content would be "PG-13", haha. I missed the note about the bus as well...the comments people have made are ridiculous and delusional. Having spent 10+ hours on a bus with other TPR members in Texas, I'd happily be on a stolen bus you guys! Snack time, bingo, quality video, jokes..
Chi-livin. @adultswim @cartoonnetwork | World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd.
Snaps: photoboothezizi

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby Mr. Corn » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:44 pm

PKI Jizzman wrote:
coneyislandchris wrote:Robb, have you given any thought to recording a series of Kimmelesque "Mean Tweets" parodies featuring some of their comments? Seems like the sort of thing that would go viral fairly quickly!

I totally support this, although I doubt much of the content would be "PG-13", haha. I missed the note about the bus as well...the comments people have made are ridiculous and delusional. Having spent 10+ hours on a bus with other TPR members in Texas, I'd happily be on a stolen bus you guys! Snack time, bingo, quality video, jokes..

I would love to see that. Get all his main people together and read dumb hate comments. My page already has enough of those, and we're only about 9 parodies in lol

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby LeoBruz199 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:37 am

PKI Jizzman wrote:

Simple problem, simple solution. Just have any curse words bleeped out. Often when bleeped words come really quickly one after the other, it adds to the funny factor!

That's completely subjective, but IMO, it does make it funnier.

Just look at the censored version of the "F-word" scene from South Park for example. I found it funnier than the original. Somehow. :p

Either way, I'm all for this, Robb! Go for it! :b :br :b :br
Oh well, I guess I won't be riding any coasters any time soon... Within the next 10 minutes anyways. :airtime: :airtimer:

Best: Katun & iSpeed - Mirabilandia, Formula Rossa - Ferrari World, Oblivion - The Black Hole - Gardaland, Stealth - Thorpe Park

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby SixFlagsAstroworld » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:22 am

This thread is entertaining me a lot :lmao:

I find it funny that people are willing to waste their time trying to offend someone who doesn't care one bit.
Coaster Count: 108
Check out my latest project: Cypress Adventures

PreviousNext

Return to Ask Alvey