How do you deal with haters?

I need some tips
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Ask us a question about trip planning, coaster videos, rodent encounters or donkeys!
Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Re: How do you deal with haters?

Postby DanTheBooker » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:38 pm

robbalvey wrote:This was just posted to one of the TPR hate pages...
Screen Shot 2016-10-23 at 12.12.10.png

I'll take "things that aren't grounded in any sort of reality at all for $500, Alex..."
:lol: :lmao: :lol:

ONE OF?!?! There's more than one group?

Not trying to suck up but I've been on this site nearly three years. I've posted, started topics, engaged in arguments, made silly posts and generally had fun. I'm not banned. I attribute the fact that I'm not a douche monkey and generally when I post, I'm productive and/or respectful. It's NOT that hard. LOL
I'm a "High Roller" at the "Excalibur". That's why they let me do the "Wild Thing" like a "Renegade". It beats using a "Corkscrew" to "Steel Venom" from a "Mad Mouse"

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:44 pm

DanTheBooker wrote:ONE OF?!?! There's more than one group?

There's at least one Facebook Group, one private page, and a number of threads/boards on other forums. Oddly enough, it all seems to be pretty much the same people. It all started out, and this is like 10+ years ago, of people we had banned from the forums for a variety of different reasons. Mostly people that just didn't know how to control themselves or were horrible people. If the stuff I quoted in my first post is any example of their behavior, it's pretty clear why they were banned. Now it's turned into people I have never met or have had little to no interaction with that I think just feel the need to hate on something because their lives suck. The rest of them, well, some of them have been on this TPR hate crusade for an many as 10-15 years. Not sure where it's getting them as TPR is today bigger and more popular than it ever has been. That probably makes them even more upset! So congrats to all those people who have wasted all that time trying to prove to the world what a bad organization we are, we just keep getting more and more successful! lol
Last edited by robbalvey on Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:46 pm.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:45 pm

I guess there is some truth to this...
rs1m0mdj.jpg

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillrider » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:17 pm

robbalvey wrote:I guess there is some truth to this...

:nina: :nina: :nina:
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby Mr. Corn » Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:19 pm

Thank you everyone for your advice, it has been extremely helpful. Man Robb! Those stories are hilarious!!! I did a TPR styled comeback at this guy, and someone commented on how Robb would have said that. Thanks for the advice everyone!!!!

EDIT: TPR's comebacks are much better though :)
Screen Shot 2016-10-23 at 6.15.29 PM.png

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby GrimGrinningMM » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:51 pm

I've been a victim of some of these haters' bullying myself. I think it's quite entertaining to accuse Mr. Alvey of displaying inappropriate behavior, when I've witness them openly mocking other park guests and be very disrespectful to park employees (myself included when I was one).

I've received Facebook invites from those people to join those groups/pages they operate on Facebook. No thanks. I don't understand making fun of someone. Sure, you can disagree with someone, but mocking their physical appearance or their family is completely uncalled for.

These people are so miserable with themselves, they have to tear others down. It's sad and pathetic. I've been a long time lurker here, finally joined to be able to give my two-cents.

EDIT: "Quite entertaining" may not be the right words..."Quite interesting" is better. Sorry.

I don't always seduce Donkeys, but when I do I use classy Champagne!

Postby _koppen » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:00 am

Holy crapballs it seems to be a lot of people out there who takes theme parks waaay to seriously.

I mean, I know A LOT about theme parks and I spend more time than I probably should on it, but really these people seems to have gone full retard à la Adam Sandler and mixed it with Jerry Springer. Oh my god can you imagine how the rest of their lives must be?

Suddenly the whole Donald Trump thing seems to make sense. :lmao:
(Seriously though, that last part is a joke. We have the same phenomenon going on over on this side as well, hardly anything unique about the US)
No. 1 Water Park guy!
The Megalite is *the* roller coaster of the world! (after finally riding Expedition Geforce I'll admit it was pretty awesome as well!)

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby viking86 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:48 am

This might be one of my favorite posts on this forum! Thank you for sharing the entertainment with us! :lmao:

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby coneyislandchris » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:20 am

The "I Was Banned From TPR Because..." group on Facebook showed up on my sidebar for recommended groups at some point last week, back before this thread was created. I'm guessing it's because I'm a member of a few other theme park groups on FB. Out of pure curiosity, I took a look in the posts since it's apparently a public group that you don't even need to join in order to see posts.

OMG... The level of hatred and butthurt in there is absolutely unreal. The ones quoted in Robb's thread are some of the more lightweight ones, if you can believe that. It utterly amazes me that anyone would go so far out of their way to throw personal attacks at someone like this, but apparently in 2016 cyber bullying is par for the course, especially if you're a public figure that attracts a lot of attention.

I operate social media accounts for a company that is completely unrelated to this field, and sure enough, we occasionally get haters, immature comments, and just flat out idiocy passing through on a daily basis. In these cases, I don't even bother responding... I just make copious use of the ban and block buttons. Sure, you get some complaints about "free speech", but it's not like anyone on the Internet understands what the hell "free speech" actually means. You DON'T have an intrinsic right to be able to vomit stupidity, racism, and profanity at anyone you feel like without repercussions. But understanding that would probably require more than a couple dozen brain cells in the ol' noggin.
That coaster dad [336] and that coaster kiddo [216]. Road trip buddies for life.
Dad's faves: Fury 325. Phantom's Revenge. Twisted Timbers. Intimidator 305. El Toro.

Kiddo's faves: Talon. Alpengeist. Raptor. Twisted Timbers. Fury 325.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:21 am

viking86 wrote:This might be one of my favorite posts on this forum! Thank you for sharing the entertainment with us! :lmao:

Thanks! I had a lot of fun writing it! :lmao:

PreviousNext

Return to Ask Alvey