How do you deal with haters?

I need some tips
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Ask us a question about trip planning, coaster videos, rodent encounters or donkeys!
Site Admin

Re: How do you deal with haters?

Postby robbalvey » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:38 am

MagicRoller wrote:Great reactions and the most wise thing to do, laugh about it... Thanx for giving us this small sneek peek inside TPR daily "struggles" to continue to be No. 1...!!

Thanks! I added a few more that I found. Glad you guys like the commentary! :P

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:09 am

This was just posted to one of the TPR hate pages...
Screen Shot 2016-10-23 at 12.12.10.png

I'll take "things that aren't grounded in any sort of reality at all for $500, Alex..."
:lol: :lmao: :lol:
Last edited by robbalvey on Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:31 am.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby disneymoc » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:12 am

This may be the best thing you have ever posted...and you have posted some awesome things, Robb.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:17 am

This is absolutely amazing and hilarious. I love that you called them out on their BS. There are so many more important things to waste your time on than posting and creating groups because you got banned or offended by a theme park website. With all the comments they posted, it's no wonder that they are banned/gone. It absolutely make TPR that much better not having them around!

The Pony Express can't find my teepee

Postby chadster » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:39 am

For people who no longer have a vested interest in TPR, it amazes me that they continue to follow along. It only means that deep down inside they still want to be apart of the group. And because they are no longer welcome, have resorted to temper tantrums resembling of a 3 year old. Sad and pathetic.

What I do and who I am

Postby pianojohn » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:26 am

I love how these delusional haters post stupid stuff and then get shocked when they're banned. You can say whatever you want. Freedom of speech. That does not mean freedom from consequence. Thanks for posting screenshots so we can see their names and what idiots they are.

I say make a nice list of all the idiots, and then we can see how many still have Facebook and Twitter accounts after being reported for harassment.

Dumbasses! :lmao:

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Satans Hockey » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:33 am

I don't run anything that's for the entire public to see like Robb but as just an everyday way I live my life I don't really care what strangers think or say about me especially online. You're never going to meet the overwhelming majority of people making these comments and they would never say things they say online to your face.

If you're treating people right and have good family and friends that's all that really matters.

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby xstech25 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:47 am

There has been lots of research done on this and studies show that engaging a "hater" is generally a waste of time and is what they want you to do in the first place. You're pretty much being sucked into a hole where no one is a winner and both parties end up looking bad.

However I also don't think it's smart to flat out ignore all criticism, if there are potential high value customers that are giving feedback there might be something to it (though you know your business better than anyone else and is up to you to decide). However it's definitely not worth engaging with people who are just criticizing and flat out don't know what they are talking about.

Either way you need to be careful how you spend your time, anyone whose seen the movie Jerry Macguire knows that ;)

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:53 am

xstech25 wrote:There has been lots of research done on this and studies show that engaging a "hater" is generally a waste of time and is what they want you to do in the first place. You're pretty much being sucked into a hole where no one is a winner and both parties end up looking bad.

This right here.

xstech25 wrote:However I also don't think it's smart to flat out ignore all criticism, if there are potential high value customers that are giving feedback there might be something to it (though you know your business better than anyone else and is up to you to decide). However it's definitely not worth engaging with people who are just criticizing and flat out don't know what they are talking about.

Also correct. And we do both of these things. In fact, just posted some stuff in the Club TPR thread recently asking those members for some feedback. It was fun writing this article. And while it no means do I recommend engaging haters on a regular basis, it was certainly entertaining to me to show off to everyone some of the crazy stuff we put up with, and why we feel it's important to just laugh it off and ignore it.

MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:40 pm

Thank you for taking your time and making this post! You have taught me a lot over the years about how to deal with haters and setting priorities straight.

Kind of off topic but I really appreciate how TPR is now a perfect mix of nerdy stuff and GP friendly contents because the industry is ultimately about the GP and getting as many people as possible to spend money. There are lots of super nerdy and technical groups out there but you know exactly how to run this community and make sure it is a fun and friendly environment so that certainly involves a lot of cleansing.

Keep doing what you're doing man, you're my idol!

PreviousNext

Return to Ask Alvey