How do you deal with haters?

I need some tips
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Ask us a question about trip planning, coaster videos, rodent encounters or donkeys!
Bonafide Donkey Expert

Re: How do you deal with haters?

Postby joelwee » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:48 pm

robbalvey wrote:
joelwee wrote:Robb's replies to snarky comments on his videos are just as entertaining as the videos themselves.

The funny thing is, and no matter how many times we will say it to people, we really *HONESTLY* don't care what they say. So many people think that by coming on our FB page or YouTube Channel and making some horrible comment about the commentary or the content of the video, we'll stop what we are doing, take their thoughts into consideration, and then radically change how we produce videos. PEOPLE *ACTUALLY* BELIEVE THIS!!! lol

And we can't get it through people's heads enough that we seriously do not care. They can go post negatively on every single video we have (and someone has actually done this before to all two thousand of our YouTube videos), thumbs down the video as much as they'd like, or (and this one is my favorite) threaten to unsubscribe or unlike our page.

They can do all of that...

WE REALLY DO NOT CARE!!! LMAO!

None of that affects our page or the channel or how we produce our content in the slightest.

In short - Humans entertain me! :lol: :lmao: :lol:

You'd have to have an insane amount of free time and bottled-up rage to go through and leave thumbs down and angry comments on ALL of your videos.

I personally don't get why people complain about your commentary on the rides, either. I find it hilarious. If you want to watch a POV without commentary, just go to another channel, like Bojangles' Famous Chicken 'n Biscuits. There's no (good) reason to advertise to the world that you don't like the commentary on TPR's videos.
Seat, don't fail me now!

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby CaptainUnknown » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:15 pm

Because what's not hilarious about Robb yelling "My titties are jiggling" on Dodonpa? :lmao:
Take a Journey Into The Unknown Latest Update: Carowinds

Parks: 23
Coasters: 130 (24 wood/106 steel)

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby joelwee » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:18 pm

^ Or "I'm farting on all of you!!" while passing over a group of people on an alpine coaster.
Seat, don't fail me now!

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:20 pm

joelwee wrote:just go to another channel, like Bojangles' Famous Chicken 'n Biscuits.

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Oh, man, sometimes I forget that things we have done on our forum and then I see it and it makes my titties jiggle! lol

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby TheAmericanKnight » Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:02 pm

joelwee wrote:^ Or "I'm farting on all of you!!" while passing over a group of people on an alpine coaster.

That's my favorite humorous moment in a TPR video.

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby Intamin_coyote » Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:59 pm

Mr. Corn wrote:Hey there Robb,
I run an extremely controversial coaster youtube/instagram and have to deal with haters a lot, and I was wondering if you had some tips. You seem to be the best at handling negative people, so I thought I'd ask and get some advice.

Thanks,
-Mr. Corn

I'm intrigued. Pardon me if this has been asked already but would you be willing to tell us what the name of this "extremely controversial" coaster youtube is? I'd love to check it out.

Previous

Return to Ask Alvey