TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Going to DLP...need some advice! :)

skinnyguy

Hello friends!

You all were extremely helpful to me a few years ago with theme park advice when I was in the UK, and also last year when I went to the Tokyo Disney Resort (seriously, your advice really helped me make the most of my limited visit there, and I had an amazing time. So THANK YOU!). Well, now I am traveling abroad again, and about to check another Disney resort off my bucket list. This time it is Paris.

I've heard these two parks are the lowest on the list when it comes to Disney parks, but I am still excited to give it a try. I will be at the resort for two full days this coming weekend, just by myself. So, what are the absolute must do attractions (I am mostly a "rides" guy, but will take time to see a show if it's truly worth it...such as World of Color or Fantasmic), what things are the same as in California or Tokyo, and which attractions are better in California and Tokyo.

I've definitely done some research on this, but it's always good to get a little advice from fellow enthusiasts. Thanks in advance!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^

In DLP:

Phantom Manor

Pirates of The Caribbean

(Sadly, Big Thunder will be closed)

DREAMS!

In WDS:

Rock 'n Roller Coaster

Ratatouille

Cinemagique (Actually still good, and updated regularly.)

Have a great two days there!

(EDIT to add DREAMS! to the list. Thanks Elissa! V It was really an amazing show w/fireworks.)

IMG_9254.JPG.8cead859c6b03d39360a92806c9fc22f.JPG

One of The Best Haunt mansions, ever IMhO! 09/21/15

Edited by Nrthwnd

Also, if you are considering seeing the Moteurs Action Stunt Show at WDS, be prepared for nearly 3 hours

of your day there (that about right?), invested in waiting to go in; finding seats; the show itself; leaving.

Also, if you are considering seeing the Moteurs Action Stunt Show at WDS, be prepared for nearly 3 hours

of your day there (that about right?), invested in waiting to go in; finding seats; the show itself; leaving.

No, you can easily find a seat if you walk up there three minutes before the doors close and with the right seat you can be out of there in ten minutes. So 80 minutes max... don't know if you have been there yourself, but how do you get to spent 3 hours on that show?

^ We saw the show back in 2002, in the first six months WDS opened. And who knows, at that time

things seemed to go slower than they (probably) do now, loading wise etc. We waited at the entry gate,

with others, to make sure we got a good seat. Then, we got our seats, and since we were already

there, it was a matter of waiting for everybody else to come in and sit down, and get settled. Then,

they spent time picking audience members for the participation part of the show, etc.

I totally agree with you, that coming in at the last few minutes is certainly easier than what we did.

But still, it was well over two hours (at least) when we were leaving the stadium. At that time.

I mistakenly added an extra hour for it, I guess. But still, even at two hours, that's a lot of time for one attraction.

Thanks so much everyone - I had a great two days. I was actually pleasantly surprised by both parks! I felt that while they lacked the same amount of attractions as California and Tokyo, the ones they did have were great, and sometimes even better. I LOVED Pirates and Phantom Manor - both great takes on the originals. Space Mountain was awesome as well, but I think I'd give the edge to California due to how rough the one in Paris was at times. Loved the launch and the "steampunk" theme, though!

Really bummed that Big Thunder was closed - it looked great! I guess that will give me a good reason to go back.

Over in WDS, Crush's Coaster was a lot of fun - best spinner I've ridden with a great theme. The ride that really blew me away was Ratatouille. I went on it several times, it was incredible! Just as much fun as the movie. I also ate at Remy's Bistro, which in my opinion was the best food I have ever had at a Disney park. And such a fun atmosphere!

Was not impressed with Indiana Jones (too rough), the tram tour, or Armageddon. I did check out Cinemagique, which I agree was a very fun show - thanks for the recommendation. And I did stay late for the Nighttime show at the castle, which was well worth it.

Overall it was a great visit and I would gladly go back. I would agree this resort is at the bottom of the list compared with the other two resorts I've visited, but it was still a great Disney offering, with some very good unique attractions that help it to stand out in my mind.

So that's three down, three to go. Hmmm....which one to visit next...

^^ Great that you enjoyed your visit! And that it went well for you.

And I agree (still) with what you liked and didn't like as much as...

Now of course, you have to start planning IMMEDIATELY for your next visit, right? Yes?