Best East Coast parks with coasters for 42" height?

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Ask us a question about trip planning, coaster videos, rodent encounters or donkeys!
If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Best East Coast parks with coasters for 42" height?

Postby coneyislandchris » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:03 pm

So, after taking my soon-to-be 4-year-old son to Knoebels on Wednesday, and riding on all the wooden coasters there, he's been bitten by the coaster bug something fierce. He's exactly 42" tall, and was able to go on everything except for Impulse.

With that being said, are there any other theme parks on the East Coast that have full-size, non-kiddie coasters that would be good for the two of us to visit? It seems that most of the big chains start their full-size coasters at 48", but if there's some others that I'm overlooking I'd love to know about them! Bonus points if they're within a 3 hour drive of NYC.
That coaster dad [336] and that coaster kiddo [216]. Road trip buddies for life.
Dad's faves: Fury 325. Phantom's Revenge. Twisted Timbers. Intimidator 305. El Toro.

Kiddo's faves: Talon. Alpengeist. Raptor. Twisted Timbers. Fury 325.

Site Admin

Re: Best East Coast parks with coasters for 42" height?

Postby SharkTums » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:43 pm

^What a wonderful day you guys must have had at Knoebels!

I can tell you as a mom of a short kid that Knoebels is certainly the best East Coast option for you by far. 48" really is the magic number and it will be hard to come close to Knoebels in terms of 'full size' rides for your son.

Next closest to you I would suggest HersheyPark. There he could ride a looping coaster and a full size woodie as well as some other decent coasters and rides. After that the next closest good option I can think of would be Six Flags Over Georgia...much farther away!

Have fun!

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby coneyislandchris » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:09 pm

Awesome, thanks for the suggestion! I don't know how I completely blanked on Hersheypark; I must have just assumed that with all the extreme coasters they had in their lineup, that even their smaller ones were 48" minimums. Looking at their website, it seems as if there are four coasters he'd be able to ride. (And one of them is Sooperdooperlooper? Very cool!)

Yes, it was a great day at Knoebels indeed, I hope to post a full photo TR when we get back home and I'm in front of a computer again! Glad to see the park hasn't changed that much from what I remember when I was a kid.
That coaster dad [336] and that coaster kiddo [216]. Road trip buddies for life.
Dad's faves: Fury 325. Phantom's Revenge. Twisted Timbers. Intimidator 305. El Toro.

Kiddo's faves: Talon. Alpengeist. Raptor. Twisted Timbers. Fury 325.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby LiftThrill » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:27 pm

I wish Knoebels had been the location of my first coaster!
1. Fury 325 | 2. Millennium Force | 3. New Texas Giant | 4. Outlaw Run | 5. Maverick | 6. Twisted Cyclone | 7. Iron Rattler | 8. The Voyage | 9. Goliath (SFGAm) | 10. Time Traveler

Return to Ask Alvey