TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Best East Coast parks with coasters for 42" height?

coneyislandchris

So, after taking my soon-to-be 4-year-old son to Knoebels on Wednesday, and riding on all the wooden coasters there, he's been bitten by the coaster bug something fierce. He's exactly 42" tall, and was able to go on everything except for Impulse.

With that being said, are there any other theme parks on the East Coast that have full-size, non-kiddie coasters that would be good for the two of us to visit? It seems that most of the big chains start their full-size coasters at 48", but if there's some others that I'm overlooking I'd love to know about them! Bonus points if they're within a 3 hour drive of NYC.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

^What a wonderful day you guys must have had at Knoebels!

I can tell you as a mom of a short kid that Knoebels is certainly the best East Coast option for you by far. 48" really is the magic number and it will be hard to come close to Knoebels in terms of 'full size' rides for your son.

Next closest to you I would suggest HersheyPark. There he could ride a looping coaster and a full size woodie as well as some other decent coasters and rides. After that the next closest good option I can think of would be Six Flags Over Georgia...much farther away!

Have fun!

Awesome, thanks for the suggestion! I don't know how I completely blanked on Hersheypark; I must have just assumed that with all the extreme coasters they had in their lineup, that even their smaller ones were 48" minimums. Looking at their website, it seems as if there are four coasters he'd be able to ride. (And one of them is Sooperdooperlooper? Very cool!)

Yes, it was a great day at Knoebels indeed, I hope to post a full photo TR when we get back home and I'm in front of a computer again! Glad to see the park hasn't changed that much from what I remember when I was a kid.