Dorney Park From NYC?

Travel advise
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Ask us a question about trip planning, coaster videos, rodent encounters or donkeys!
Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Dorney Park From NYC?

Postby CoasterB » Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:28 pm

Hello, Iv been checking out the bus routes etc from NYC to Dorney Park, and I can't make much sense out of them. I have one day free on my trip in June/July. Could you kindly give me some advise if going to Dorney Park from New York is possible all in one day? and what's the easiest way to get there? After nearly planning my whole trip i'v realised that hiring a car is the easiest thing to do to get around, but I can't being under 25 etc.

Thanks

Coasterb
My Top Coasters - Kingda Ka, El Toro, Nemesis, Shambhala, Taron, Expedition Geforce, X2, Tatsu, Twisted Colossus, Wodan, Troy
Last Park visited: Movie Park Germany - Next Park Visit: Florida

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Re: Dorney Park From NYC?

Postby larrygator » Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:22 pm

There is no direct bus from NYC to Dorney Park

I think the best strategy is to take a Greyhound Bus from NYC to Allentown. Then you have to take a local bus (LANTA) from the Allentown bus station to Dorney Park.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby ALT2870 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:44 pm

Not able to rent a car because you are 25? I can rent from Hertz and I'm 20.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:22 am

You can rent a car if you're under 25, you just pay a little more for it. See...look (I didn't shop around for price though, there may be a better one available). It's more than worth it though as it's only a 1 day rental and it's much more convenient.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:38 pm

I see you're from Germany and you probably expect us to at least have a somewhat inferior public transport system to you but sadly we don't. We really fail in this regard as a country. We get these questions all of the time and always have to recommend renting a car. The only glimmer of hope I can give you is that driving in most places in the US is quite easy and well signposted.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby nyccoasterfan » Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:57 pm

There's a company called "The Coaster Bus" that specializes in taking people from NYC to Dorney and several other parks. You can check out their trips to Dorney here, and all the parks they serve here.

Return to Ask Alvey