TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Scandinavian Trip

halloweenscream

Hi,

I'm planning a trip to Scandinavia and would like to ask for advice on which parks you would recommend visiting? One definite park will be Liseberg but other than that I'm not sure whether I should head North towards TusenFryd in Norway or South towards Bakken and Tivoli Gardens in Denmark. I should have up to 5 days to play with but not planning to hit a park every day. Would very much appreciate advice from any individual out there who's visiting this part of the world.

Many thanks

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have 5 days i would stay in Kopenhagen and make a day trip out of Liseberg with the train(takes about 4 hours). Leave Kopenhagen very early in the morning and you can be at Liseberg before it even opens, then take the last train back to Kopenhagen. Or you could spend a night in Gothenborg, and visit the city as well.

Did a train trip back in 2011, saw a train to Gothenborg and took it!

Thanks for the advice!

Grona Lund looks like a nice park but on this occasion think I might bypass and wait for Wildfire at Kolmarden next year on a future trip.

Between Oslo and Copenhagen which would you guys say has the more to offer culturally i.e. aside from the parks?

And between the three separate cities (including Gothenberg) did you guys notice a big difference in costs? Or as I'm predicting, are they all pretty expensive places to visit and stay?

Thanks again

In fact I'm thinking about two alternative parks in Denmark - Fårup Sommerland and Djurs Sommerland - how do they compare to Tusenfyrd? Could do a big loop between Denmark and Sweden, assuming there is a Ferry connection between Frederikshavn in Denmark and Frolunda in Sweden, anyone know if this exists?

Thanks

Friends of mine told me that Norway is the most expensive between Denmark, Norway and Sweden. But Scandi is know for being expensive, for me i would prefer to visit Farup Sommerland(Free entry with club tpr, last year!) and Djurs Sommerland over Tusenfryd. There is a Ferry between Frederikshavn and Gothenborg. And even one between Frederikshavn and Oslo.

Just a few notes after going to Scandinavia last summer:

- Norway is ridiculously expensive

- We didn't get to see Oslo, but Copenhagen is one of my favorite cities now.

- I'd do Djurs and Farrup instead of Tusenfryd. Tusenfryd is a decent park, but unless you're planning on going to Oslo, I wouldn't go out of my way to visit. Piraten is worth a trip to Djurs.

I would definately do Copenhagen and the Danish parks over Tusenfryd and Oslo, absolutely no doubt. Not a big fan of Oslo at all. I haven't seen a lot of Copenhagen, but it constantly ranks high on the list of cities to vist. Tusenfryd is as people have said a decent park, but not worth going out of your way to visit.

And yes, Norway is indeed ridiculously expensive!!

A ton of great advice there, thank you very much to each of you!

Tusenfryd is officially off the menu, will now plan to do a circle from Liseberg - Farup Sommerland - Djurs Sommerland - Bakken - Tivoli then back to Liseberg and stretch to 7 days.

I've heard crazy stories about the costs of such basic items as a coffee so hopefully this trip doesn't break the bank.

Sweden is definitely the cheapest of the three countries, and Gothenburg is a lovely city. But so is Copenhagen, and I agree with several others, you gotta go to Fårup and Djurs Sommerland. Really great parks! Maybe you could consider one day in Aarhus, the secondmost populated city in Denmark. It's about an hour from Djurs Sommerland, and 2-3 hours away from Fårup. There's also a 2-3 hour train connection to Copenhagen from there.

And the suggestion about taking a daytrip from Copenhagen to Gothenburg is good, I did it last spring (slept one night at a cheap hotel in Gothenburg and went home next morning), and it was around 4 hours before I reached Copenhagen.

If you have to choose between Bakken and Tivoli Gardens, I'd definitely say you should go for Tivoli. It's a wonderful park, right in the middle of the city, and right next to the central station of Copenhagen. Bakken is a half hour away from the central station, so it's pretty close, and the selection of rides there is decent, but the atmosphear in Tivoli is just amazing, and when it gets dark, the park just shines even more.

Good luck on your trip, hope you'll enjoy Denmark and the rest of Scandinavia