TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Liseberg + 1 other park?

BugEyed

I'm in the early (but very serious) stages of planning a trip to Liseberg for summer 2015. I fully intend to book flights by mid-March. I waited too long this year and the prices doubled before I could commit.

If it was your first time visiting Liseberg (and mainland Europe) and time constraints meant you could only visit one other park on your trip, which park would you choose?

I have the budget to add an extra flight (or two) and I'm also good with squeezing a 1/2 day drive in somewhere. The main thing is that I have a very limited amount of time.

so, I finally get to visit Liseberg and one other park. Which one would you suggest, and why?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The closest big park to Liseberg is at least a three hour drive or at least a couple hour flight plus a drive or train. If you're already going to be in Sweden you should probably just go to Grona Lund as well. It's a fantastic park and part of the super 1-2 punch that Sweden offers park wise!

That's great advice and probably the decision I'll go with. I was already leaning that way, but you've certainly reinforced the decision. Thank you Elissa.

There's still a huge part of me that is compelled towards Djurs Sommerland and experiencing my first Intamin Mega Lite. I wish I had the time to do 3 parks in this trip!

Option 1:

Seems there are no direct flights from Toronto to Gothenburg anyway. So choose your flight so that you go from Toronto to a big european airport (arrive in the morning), visit a park nearby and continue to Gothenburg the next day.

From Frankfurt you are close to Holiday Park (GeForce) which is doable even by train, or to Europa Park (2 hours by car).

London (Heathrow) has Thorpe Park very close.

Amsterdam has a number of parks around to choose from.

Maybe Paris, Barcelona.

Option 2:

From Gothenburg / Liesberg the obvious candidates are:

Oslo - TusenFryd

Stockholm - Grona Lund

Koppenhagen - Tivoli (and/or Bakken)

All reachable by train within 3-4 hours (+ time from train station to the park)

Option 3:

From Gothenburg take the ferry to Frederikshavn (4 hours, possibly during night) and from there a car to Farup Sommerland (1h) and/or Djurs Sommerland (2h). From there it's < 1h to Tivoli Frihedden.

All kinds of great ideas there flotus. Thank you.

Right now the rough itinerary I'm working with looks like this:

PARK 1) indirect flight from Toronto to Stockholm. Full day at Gröna Lund.

PARK 2) short flight from Stockholm to Gothenburg. Full day at Liseberg. Non-park, work related stuff for the remainder of the trip.

PARK 3) maybe, maybe, maybe a side trip on the final day to one of the following: Tusenfryd, Tivoli Gardens or Djurs Sommerland.

If park 3 happens, it will most likely come down to a last minute decision once I'm there. I have a work commitment that I'd have to ditch early in order to squeeze a 3rd park in. That's not likely to be a popular decision; but one I may be willing to live with. Djurs Sommerland is my first choice, but it's also the most difficult to pull off.

All of that aside, it hadn't actually occurred to me to fly home via Frankfurt and get a 1/2 day at Holiday Park. hmmmmmm. That is definitely worth considering.

Again, thank you. Until these last few days the entire trip plan has only existed inside my head. It's so helpful getting it out there and bouncing ideas off others.