TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal studios.

K_riderz

So, im taking a trip to disney and both universal parks next summer. Ive never been to universal Ive never been on upside down rollercoasters and such. Which one should i start with? Im the kind of person that after ive done something ill do it again, but i have to get myself to do it.. Also im afraid of heights.... any tips?

-kj

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This may not be the most effective answer, but honestly, I see this as a "ripping the band-aid off" kind of issue. My first roller coaster with inversions was Viper at Six Flags Magic Mountain, which has seven inversions. I was for sure freaking out on the way up (I was like ten years old), but once I was upside-down on that first vertical loop, I was already loving it.

Your other problem is Universal and Islands don't really have any coasters with just one inversion. It's kind of an all-or-nothing deal.

I say just hop on Hulk immediately. You'll thank me in a year.

That actually helps alot! I was thinking about doing the hulk before you said that. Its like you read my mind! Also what are some must do rides and rides i can miss we are only going for a day

I would say all of Harry Potter World is a must. That will take at least half your day there. Other priorities I'd have are the Simpsons Ride, Mummy, HRRR, Incredible Hulk, Dudley Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls and Dr. Doom's Freefall. Though I honestly don't think you'd even have time for all that. I would personally cut Spiderman before other things I mentioned if it came down to that but most people think it's their best dark ride/simulator.

I'd actually start with Dragon's Challenge. If you go for Hulk first, you need to walk right under the first drop and right near the first inversions just to enter the queue. You will see the ride long before you get on it and it will lead up to ample time to talk yourself out of it. Dragon's Challenge you can don't see much of until you are just entering the queue. Plus, if you like one side, you can get off the ride and jump right on your next inverting coaster by riding the other side.