TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood June 2014

cdd4602

Hi all, my first post.

Are there any pro Dollywood planners here? This will be our first trip to this park but we will only have one day to enjoy and I want to do as much as possilbe. We are planning on being there June 23 from park opening to park closing. We do plan to get the Q-bot to help increase ride production but I am looking for some advice for the first hour. Shows are not to terribly important to us but my little girl loves(some) roller coasters.

My current plan is as follows though I am more than willing to change if the pros think I need too:

Be there at 9am...buy tickets and Qbot( can I only have one ride or show scheduled with the bot at a time?)

Take left path to Firechaser

Ride Firechaser(after this ride schedule Thunderhead with bot)

Ride Firechaser again

Ride Thunderhead(after this ride schedule Mystery Mine with bot)

Ride River Battle

Ride Mystery Mine

Lunch noon-ish?

I have no idea from after lunch to fireworks, I know what we want to do just not in what order. Priority list below

Smokey Mountain Rampage

Thunderhead again

Dollywood Express

Slidewinder

Lemon Twist

Sideshow Spin

Sky Rider

Blazing Fury

Daredevil Falls

fyi...We are Disneyworld people and are used to having a plan

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Going on a Monday in June wont be that bad. I really think you wont have to wait more than 20 minutes for a ride.

There is a deal where you get in the park after 3:00 and you get the next day free, and I use the first quarter day to ride rides, and the next day to relax and take the park in. This allows for MULTIPLE re-rides on many of the rides. (just a suggestion, I personally love the deal)

If you still only have Monday I wouldn't get the Q-Bot first thing, because even though it is cheap, you might not need it, if it gets packed to the point you can always buy it then. And yes you can only have one reservation at a time.

Your plan seems great for the morning with or without Q-bot. And I don't know if you plan on doing Wild Eagle or Tennessee Tornado, but if so, do WE after Fire-chaser Express and TT after Mystery Mine. I would stay in that side of the park for rides up until lunch. Go down Craftsman Valley, there are great places down there and around the County Fair for food. Whether before or after lunch, it depends on where you eat, do Slidewinder and Barnstormer when you pass it. After lunch do River Rampage, all of the County Fair rides you want to do, and work your way up Craftsman Valley and do Blazing Fury and Daredevil Falls. You can do the train whenever you want. After that you can take in the shops or shows, and relax. I don't know when the fireworks are but I would do a coaster run around an hour or so before leaving, and just do Firechaser last because the line wont be that long.

I hope this helps!

• 2 weeks later...

Please let us know how your trip goes, we are going for our honeymoon the last week of July and hoping to hit the park Tues/Wed. I'm clueless as I've never been to this part of TN but have been trying to read as much as I can. Personal stories and suggestions are always so much better though!