TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SFGA - 3 mornings in July

TheVerro

I’ll be at Six Flags Great Adventure for 3 straight days in early July (a Thur/Fri/Sat). I am sure the park gets crazy busy later in the day (especially on the Fri/Sat), would therefore like to take advantage of the somewhat lighter crowds in the morning and hit the big rides at opening. My question therefore is, what should my strategy be for those 3 mornings in hopes of hitting most of the big coasters? Can be 3 on the first day, 2 on the next and so on, but not sure what is close to what and what would work best at rope drop. Any help would be wonderful!

Merci,

Richard

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Based on the info you have provided and without going into a ton of detail.

One day you should head the Kingda Ka, preferably on a day when you see it testing before you enter the park. If you get on Kingda Ka early then backtrack to the other side of the park for Batman: The Ride and Nitro. These are the two rides that will not have insane lines if you get to them within an hour after park opening.

Another day you should head to Green Lantern and Superman:Ultimate Flight. Right across from each other.

The other day head straight to El Toro, this is the day I suggest deviating from the strategy you outlined and ride it as many times as you can the first 90 minutes in the park before the lines grow beyond a station wait. Then you can head to Bizarro which is closest to El Toro

Thank you so much, that's exactly the info I was looking for!

Oh, how about that safari thingy, how busy does that get?

It still get very busy, with the ideal time to hit it being first thing in the AM. If you want to do it but the coasters are your first choice then ride it right after Kingda Ka. You might have to wait 45 minutes, but it's better than taking a chance waiting for Kingda Ka, which is subject to breakdowns and weather issues.

• 3 weeks later...

This is a pretty small addition to Larry's very smart post, but there's a small shortcut to get to El Toro (and maybe Kingda Ka?), in case you're at rope drop and want to be on one of the first trains of the day. Go left from the fountain, and then go to the right of the carousel (the path leads to its left, which is the way most people go) and through the back door of the arcade near the teacups. Go out the other side and you should be close to the path which leads to ET. Have fun!

^^I use that path all the time. Very convenient to getting to El Toro. I've gotten a few first trains because of it. I'm not sure where Zumanjaro's path will be but if it's where I think it is near El Toro, that path can be very beneficial for that too.