TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

I am having trouble loading Theme Park Review at home

yay101

I am having troubles loading Theme Park Review on my computer at home. I don't know where else to ask this, so I am asking this here. It loads up, but if I open the chat, TPR shuts down in 10 minutes. I'm not sure what to do.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've found out that using the chatroom in Firefox causes the entire site to crash after 10-20 minutes. Have you tried using other browsers?

Also I've noticed that when my wifi connection cuts out in mobile, it has the same effect in the chat room. My guess is it's a chat room bug more than anything.

I am having troubles loading Theme Park Review on my computer at home. I don't know where else to ask this, so I am asking this here. It loads up, but if I open the chat, TPR shuts down in 10 minutes. I'm not sure what to do.

Yeah, I'm not sure what to tell you. If it loads for you, then it's not an IP issue, and since no one else seems to be having a problem, it seems to be on your end. Wish I could help somehow...

• 1 month later...

What I found with Chat on any fox-related browsers (I use Waterfox), is that it's hard for it to handle having the chat open and the forums simultaneously. My solution would be to install Google Chrome and use that to open chat, while having the forum open on Firefox. I know it's not the ideal setup for fast browsing (having to swap between windows every few seconds), but that's how I do it.

**Also realize that when you are changing IP settings in your computer you should contact your ISP to see if you can do this, some ISPs do not let you. I personally have not had any problems with the following settings on any internet provider, but that doesn't mean it is fool proof. Change these settings at your own risk. **

First powercycle your modem/internet box.

second. I would strongly suggest using the following DNS servers (they are better than most ISP's defaults)

Primary DNS 8.8.8.8

Secondary DNS: 8.8.4.4

These are Google's DNS servers. They work slightly differently than regular DNS servers, but for the end user is that they typically NEVER go down and pages load better. You may need to do a google search on your operating system on how to change DNS servers (on windows, you need to get to the network and sharing center then change adapter settings, then you right click on your network adapter and choose properties then double click on IPv4 then you can change the DNS servers.)