TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Europe- September/October 2014

montana rusa

Hello TPR!

I am heading to Madrid, Spain for school this fall and want to ride some good coasters. I'm already going to Parque Warner and Port Aventura on the weekends. However, I want to make two trips outside of Spain before parks close for the Winter. This is where I need your help: Where should I go for those two trips? Here are my limitations though.... (1) It needs to be nearish a larger airport. e.g.(1-2 hour bus trip or train) (2) Near a city to check out cool sights. I wont have too much time to get everything I want in the city, but I really want to ride some coasters and get my count up. I will be mostly be making this a Friday-Sunday adventure, so I don't miss school.

I was thinking of going to Thorpe Park, that way I can check out the sights as well. Some other parks I have thought of were: Alton Towers, Europa Park, Phantasia land, Holiday Park, Liseberg....etc.

Any thoughts?

Thank you!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those all sounds like excellent options if you're looking to raise your count and get some decent parks in.

I would put them in this order (based on your criteria):

Europa

Alton

Thorpe

Liseberg

Phantasia

Holiday

The great thing about Europe is the number of parks that are in major cities. Outside of the parks you mentioned you can also consider Tivoli Gardens, Grona Lund and Wiener Prater. Grona Lund has the best coasters of these additional three parks. Stockholm / Grona Lund

Make sure to check opening times. Starting end of August Liseberg is only open on weekends. Tivoli will close on September 21st for the summer and re-open October 10th for Halloween, Bakken will close end of August.

While major parks are open till end of October - like Europa, Phantasia or Efteling - smaller ones will only be open during the weekends if at all.

• 2 weeks later...

If you are (will be) in that location, you should consider a HeidePark near Hamburg, less themed, more intense, great Scream drop-dower, biggest World - Colossos woodie with first ever magnetic break run used od classic woodie (4th in descent angle after ElTorro),this year new wing BM, moderate size BM - Krake dive coaster, good launched intamin Desert Race.

We are going usualy twice a year this combination (N->S direction: Heidepark - Phantasialand - Europa Park)