TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

When will your next Australia Trip Be?

Spencer3000

I live in New Zealand, where there's only one theme park, (Rainbows End) with one inverting coaster, an arrow loop screw, which was installed in 1986. The park is alright, it just doesn't have hardly any thrill rides, and needs a new paint job. It's also incredibly overpriced, and there's no annual pass or anything.

I've been to the U.S once, spending a few days at Disneyland, and a day at universal. It was all great fun, but expensive and rather far away.

In my opinion, The Gold Coast in Australia is bloody awesome. I was there about a week ago, and did all of the Village Roadshow Parks. I know you guys have been there before, but I think they've made some really cool improvements.

As you probably know, Movie World installed the second steepest coaster in the world, The Green Lantern Coaster, in 2011. As far as I know, it is the only el Loco to have 8 passengers a train and the only one with onboard audio. It was awesome, I just loved the way that there was hardly any G's (other than on the hairpins), and how it felt like you were just floating.

They also upgraded the train and re-themed their SLC, to Arkham Asylum: Shock Therapy. It is still pretty painful, and I couldn't feel my legs at the end of the ride, but the harness was way less restrictive. I think they also added magnetic brakes, but that didn't affect the ride experience much.

Wet'n'Wild also have a few more slides now, but still only one coaster, so that wouldn't be very much up your alley.

Sea World are nearly finished their new mack watercoaster, Storm. It looked pretty awesome, even if it wasn't a custom model. The theming looked pretty cool too, so I think it might be like superman escape, it starts off with a great story, and then produces some decent thrills.

So I've done what I do best, ranted. I hope you enjoy, and maybe one day I'll come on a TPR trip. They sound like loads of fun.

Thanks for this amazing website for thrill seekers!

- Spencer.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I had to take a guess, I'd say probably 2016. *MAYBE* 2015, but considering we were just in Australia a couple of years ago, and that's a pretty long way to go for most people (and expensive), it's probably not a trip we would do more than every 5-6 years.

^I've been on about half a dozen SLCs so far, and Arkham Asylum is easily the "least uncomfortable" of those. I think the new trains actually make it a decent coaster!

Great to hear TPR are thinking about another Australia trip in the not-too-distant future. I think by 2016 there will have been enough additions/upgrades to make a tour worthwhile. The parks have added a fair bit even since 2011 - Buzzsaw, Storm Coaster, Arkham, Justice League, Green Lantern, Abyss, Dreamworks-world, and Wet 'n Wild Sydney. Hopefully the next couple of years will see even more additions!

I agree that the new trains are more comfortable for sure. However, at the end of the ride, I couldn't feel my legs, as the g forces must have pushed the harness down further. I did notice that one seat wasn't working though.

What are dreamworld/whitewaterworld like compared to the VR Parks? Are they less family oriented?

^Dreamworld is more of an amusement park, it does have some good rides but operations can be slow. I'd say it's more family oriented than Movie World, with two decent-sized kids areas and a better mix of family vs thrill rides. The new Dreamworks section is excellent (the 'Dronkey Flyers' are a highlight), and the coaster collection is fairly unique, albeit low-capacity.

WhiteWater World is basically a Proslide showroom, but there's definitely enough there to fill an afternoon.

I'd say Movie World is probably a better park overall for it's theming, shows and coasters, but Dreamworld is still a pretty decent park, and certainly improving from what it was 2-3 years ago.

• 2 weeks later...

There hasn't been enough new coasters or thrilling rides installed in Australia to just go back for there. I would go back to Australia only because I want to go back to New Zealand. Another possibility would be to connect the trip with Malaysia as a side trip and then I would be interested. Otherwise just going to Australia wouldn't be enough for me.

• 1 year later...

HI,

You are right New Zealand doesn't have much facilities and that is why there people majority shifted to Australia for better life standards. I not yet visit Disney Land but I am trying to go. I think the Australia's Luna Parks is better than Gold Coast. What you say?