TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Redirects to suspicious websites?

A.J.

Hey everyone -

Lately when browsing the Theme Park Review forums on Mac OS X and iOS Safari, I've been getting randomly redirected to very suspicious websites. Is this a widespread or isolated issue?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been getting the same thing, when I go into the forums the screen goes black with the message "move mouse to continue" and then suddenly I'm at another site. The site I ended up at today didn't seem too bad, though using an inoucuous looking website is a great way to get spyware on your pc. I'm generally suspicious of any redirects, I don't run anti-virus on my pc and I still don't get viruses or malware. This is the only website that is currently doing this.

*oh, and I am running Windows Vista using Google Chrome browser.

Been using this phone for a while now and have not seen anything like what's mentioned here so far..

Are you sure it's not something at your end? (PC/laptop)??

Have not seen this happen on my windows 7 laptop either..

Please make sure your workstation is malware/spyware free

I haven't seen any problems today but I have seen it before. PC was infected with malware. Usually something has hijacked your browser. Probably not the website or we would be having a few more complaints. I wonder if there is something posted here on the forum that when clicked on infects your PC?

By the way, I was able to reproduce this behavior on my PC. I normally view the forums in Firefox which hasn't caused me any problems. I opened it in Internet Explorer 10 and it redirected for me to another page within a short period of time.

Fortunately I happened to fire up a HTTP debugger before the redirect occurred so I collected some info. It wasn't much but I might have tracked down where the redirect is coming from. Feel free to contact me directly if you would like more details.

We are having problems reproducing this. Where are you on the forum when this happens? On the index? Viewing a topic? Viewing a post, etc?

Please let us know so we can track down to see if there is some code we need to fix.

It just happened to me. I was on the forum index page for just a couple of seconds, when the screen suddenly turned black, with a large image of an arrow pointing down and some text saying something to the effect of "Move cursor down". This flashed only momentarily before I got redirected to bewiserinsurancesDOTcom (don't want to write the actual address). I'm using Safari on OS X, version 10.5.8. First time it's happened to me.