TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Question about site layout

schotj

Hey Robb

I know you were toying with the idea of a design change for the front page a little while back...although I'm not totally sure if you decided to go through with it...but I was wondering if you're open to ideas about the forums. I find myself browsing and reading more than I do posting, but I can get overwhelmed with the quantity of threads within the 'main' forum; Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys.

Have you ever thought about the idea of adding additional sub-forums within that one? I know there are a ton of international folk that frequent this site, so what about forums dedicated to discussing American Parks, European Parks, or Asian Parks? Or a forum dedicated to new construction/future projects, while one talks about what is currently going on?

Those are just random thoughts I had, and was wondering what you thought. I've been following for years, and the quantity of content has significantly increased. Just throwing out ideas.

Thanks!

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We have found that the more boards you have, the less people will frequent them all, and therefore overall fewer posts. Just look at some forums that have TONS of different boards. What do you see? Dead forums and a lack of interaction.

The reason why TPR's forums thrive in a time where social media has devoured almost all other forums is because whatever it is we are doing, we are doing it right, and I'm not about to make changes now when we've had over 10 years of people being familiar with our forum.

Can you even imagine? "Hey everyone, thanks for browsing over the last ten years, but now we're gonna change everything and move stuff around! Your favorite threads may not be in the same place you're used to them being in! Have fun figuring that out! Good luck!"

We broke down parks in their own separate discussion threads and the index is a sticky on the main forum: http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=63853

Beyond that, we don't plan on making any more changes.

--Robb

Edited by robbalvey