TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

tips about anything for islands of adventure

Guest Tanks4me

Please reply to this before 2/24/05! I am leaving for disney and IOA. I have never been to IOA before, so give me as many tips as possible

about the park. To start off, I have a question in mind. What type of ride is Storm Force Acceleration?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay these are things i keep in mind while at IOA

Check out Psyodeons Fury (sp?) its really cool and has a nice little water tunnel type device.

Ride Hulk front row if your only staying for one day, its just a little better in front.

Ride Spiderman. Truly amazing 3D ride.

Ride Jurassac Park and Dudly Do Right's Ripsaw Falls. 2 of the best themed water rides I've ever been on (And dudly is part coaster )

Eat at Mythos and get a Cinnabon on the way out.

Colin"thats all ive got for yas"C

I can't say anything about front or back. I'm "clearly" biased towards the back. I like the thrill of airtime and speed. Been on Hulk from the front, think that it's better from the back, but of course, I've always hated the front of all roller coasters besides Intamin launchers.

Be sure to pick up express passes! Try to hit Dudley Do-Wrong around noon, when everyone's eating lunch. If the line is less than half an hour, don't waste the express pass. Dueling Dragons isn't worth the wait (IMO), because (maybe this was because I sat in the...BACK) it ends too quickly and you go into loops too fast for enjoyment, but if you can express pass it and have time to spare, it's worth a shot. But ride Fire; Ice definitely pulls too many Gs to be enjoyed, and it ends too quickly.

Dr. Doom is one of the weaker S&S Double Shots out there. After the initial launch, you only go down about halfway, and start bouncing. It gets boring after that first blast. Spiderman was a very weak simulator. I like simulators in general, but Spiderman didn't float my boat.

Popeye is definitely worth the wait on a hot day, but there's a chance that you may not get wet. Most people got soaked on the time I went on, but one or two didn't. Jurassic Park will NOT get you wet if you are not sitting in the front row. I remember heating up after waiting outside for the drop. It's boring at first, and the only thrill you get is that last drop with the airtime. I will admit, JP's airtime is astounding. But the rest of it is extremely boring.

That's my general breakdown.

P.S. Hit Cat in the Hat! This is the best non-simulator dark ride EVER! I don't want to spoil it for you - RIDE IT!

nemmy.

You have some real negative reviews for some real good rides..

Spiderman is a fantasic ride and should not be missed

J.P is also a fantasic ride and anyone who enjoyed the films will love the themeing and find it amazing

Compared to the crap themed rides we get in the UK these rides are just great...... I guess everyone has their own opinions but I think you will be in the minority on the above

yeah I never get more than sprinkled on River... I always sit towards the back and duck at the end.. or I always get larger people in front of me who take the bullet..

Sigh.. can't believe anyone would choose that big worthless piece of green crap in front of the park over Dragons.. maybe I'm just bias because I work on Dragons but at least Dragons doesn't lull you to sleep after the first few seconds.

Eric