TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Next Frontier

Paul_Hollibone

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, it's kind of sad...the only plane tickets we have booked right now are our Europe Tickets for June! Between now and then we're hoping to hit either Florida or Virginia and Silver Dollar City...we just got some exciting possibilities for Winter Break. At some point we'd really like to get to Australia again!

Elissa "need to get into trip planning mode!" Alvey

If you do come to Australia, here is the 2005 outrun.

At the end of 2005, a Superman Rocket Coaster is bound for Movie World, the claw opened at Dreamworld in 2004, marking Australia's first Gyro Swing.

Wonderland Closed in 2004, making 26th of April, a sad day to remember.

Listen, if you do come to Australia, don't just come here for the parks.

Come here for the Great atmosphere, and do a whole Aussie tour, not just a Queensland tour. Visit Canberra, the Nations capital. (where i live).

Vist melbourne, Australia's home to the Trams. Don't also visit the big cities, why not also go to some of the little country towns. Because the land we aussies are in, is the best. And even though we do not have any decent parks to American Standards, they are still pretty good. And What we miss out on in our parks, we compensate in our spirits, and our luckyness to be here in Australia.

Oh yeah, I agree! We would spend a couple of weeks at least, not just doing coasters. The last few times I've gone to Austrailia I've spent at least 4 weeks!

I really liked heading over to the west coast as it seems a little less touristy.

Elissa "it's all about climbing that 200 foot tree!" Alvey

Australia is not exactly the Kingdom of the Coasters, though that situation should improve a bit in September - I'm sure Ian (aka Rabid Disney) would love to see you on the Gold Coast.

Fortunately there are many other things to see in Australia, which I have never seen because I spend my holidays either playing sport or in the US meeting European girls or riding coasters.

Is there a coaster frontier that you have yet to conquer (that you want to)other than maybe Australia, like maybe a gnarly invert in Dubai or something ?

Good Question!

We talk about this a lot...There are a few Asian countries that we will hit in the next 5-10years...Australia is a definite. Other than that though there are not too many other places that we see ourselves going to in the next 10 years with the current global conditions: Middle East, Russia, Africa, Mexico, other Central American countries, etc.

Hopefully things will get better and we can hit more countries!

Elissa "oh, and I refuse to get shots so I don't think we can ever go to Africa!" Alvey

I feel like I accomplished everything after going to Cedar Point, now I'm looking to top the top thrill. I've been offered an aerobatic flight at a heavily discounted rate (or mate's rates as we call it in Australia) - so I'll see how I go pulling 8 g's.

I want to go to Alaska but not for the coasters.

Maybe China (outside hong kong) will start getting some serious parks as that seems to be the market every major corporation is eyeing off, could be the next frontier ?

Six Flags Over Beijing anyone.

Well I think it would be great to see you guys come visit us down here.

It's not like it's hard to get in all the real parks here anyway, 3 days and your done plus another for Wet 'n' Wild. With any luck for you our new waterpark will be open by the time you come visit.

I'm sure visiting our country would be a nice change for you being able to do a lot of touristy things as well as parks. I'm going to have to get over to the West Coast myself some day I guess...

Unless you have a thing for driving in circles and dodgy tourist destinations I'd skip Canberra but there are so many nice hidden spots on the Eastern side of the country it's not funny.

Look forward to having you guys here one day!

Hey downunder I see you're in Sydney...are you on the R-C forums?

djrappa wrote

Hey downunder I see you're in Sydney...are you on the R-C forums?

I'm actually a mod for ozcoaster and a lot of my overseas tour photos are up there.

Is there a kiddie coaster at the neverland ranch ? That would be one tough credit. I think I'd rather tough it out in Baghdad.

My flatmate was really interested in it and he checked it out on RCDB and went as far as ringing them and asking and they said 2004 but that didn't happen.

Maybe they had a limited budget and decided to spend the money replacing their Skyway cars which they did do last year.

The place has actually gotten a hell of a lot better Elissa.

They replaced their old Syway with a state of the art new system from Doppelmayr which compliments the other recent cable way addition they made a few years back.

There have been extensive facility and building upgrades up there too...however still no coaster

As for Canberra...its dull, boring, 70s, deserted and I'm sorry but no not really better than Sydney. Go nuts and have a great time living there, the place is just not for me.

Clint clint clint.

Your ways are perfectly alright.

I have nothing against it.

I was born in Sydney, and have lived in Sydney most of my life.

And I prefer Canberra, not only because of Less Pollution, but it's slower than sydney. Not as fast paced if you know what I mean.

If you want to go Traveling, you have to know what you want to see. And what you want to do.

But it's your trip, you can do what you really want. I'm just suggesting some nice places to go.

Canberra, don't 90% of people go there to either stock up on fire crackers and / or x-rated videos (not legal in every other state except Northern Territory). I have to go to training camps at the AIS (Aust Institute of Sport) now and then but otherwise I would never go there.

There's boring tourist stuff (more school excursion things) like Parliament house).

The most interesting thing about Canberra is that all the politicians are there and coincidentally X-rated videos, recreation use of pot etc are all legal whereas they are not anywhere else.