TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

So how did you guys meet?

jumbach

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a set up! Actually we'd been friends for awhile and after some time it developed into more...not really that exciting of a story!

For a better story, you should ask about what happened the first time I met Dave! :laughing:

Elissa "I'm going to try and think of a better one now!" Alvey

^I'll probably smack you on the ass and scream "Are you ready for some Dirty Deeds?" in my best Bon Scott voice...

Actually, you like Dream Theater and Rush, so you are automatically cool in my book, so I'll probably leave out the ass smacking stuff until I get to know you better...

Dave "will be in LA soon" Thomas

Perfectly good story, actually.

In my case, she was my high school sweetheart. (And still is.) But we didn't like each other at first, and the first time we met we had a fight ending in my calling her a "b___."

The rest, of course, it history. :->

ok... meeting my hubby wasn't all that interesting, but was interesting was how we got engaged. We were in St. Louis, in a hotel room at the Marriott. Don't get excited, it's not what you think. We were there because he was taking a training class for a "business opportunity" he was getting involved in. I guess between that, and knowing he was going to propose to me a few days later, he got violently sick to his stomach, and had to leave the class he was taking and go to our room. I totally freaked out because he had just been sick like 2 weeks before this, and here we were in a strange city, he'd spent all this money on this class, and because we had recently decided to move in together, I wondered if it was nerves. So in the middle of me freaking out, he gets up (moaning and groaning like all men do when they are sick) and says "Close your eyes". I am like "What???" Next thing I know, he's next to me holding my ring in it's box. I cried, said yes, and then he threw up in the ice bucket.

Shari "Just like a romance novel" Shoufler

I really hope that doesnt happen to me...eeek

Well, Im still with my High School sweetheart, which will be 4 years in April. I must say it was quite a suprise for myself, maybe moreso for her.

I went all of my life up till April of my Senior year without ever having a girlfriend, which was for the best. Upon good old prom in the near future, I was looking to ask someone just to take and have some fun with. I found someone who was willing and set it up (1st class in the morning).

Third period I was told by a friend that this other girl really liked me (which was an understatement). I knew her, she went to my church and was in my youth group. My bro at the time had asked me what I thought of her and I said yea, shes gorgeous, great girl with a great heart, but probably a bit out of my league.

Well, turns out she had a serious crush on me for about the last 5 months and I spent most of 3rd and 4th periods freaking out not knowing what to do. I can take the girl I asked, or, break her heart and go after the one who would probably be a better match for me and I already knew. Im not a person at all to be mean or inflict pain, but I had to do it.

Spent about a month with her before prom, loved it completely. She was a freshman at the time so when I asked her to prom she freaked out supposedly. She was far from being a freshman by mentality, ha. She ran circles in the maturity department around MY graduating class. I asked her out with a poem before prom and that was it.

Prom was and still is a complete blur, I remember moments but thats about it. We spent the night on my buddies floor with like 10 other people because in the morning we had a cool scavenger hunt that his girlfriends parents set up. That night as we were in our own sleeping bags on the floor we just laid there looking at each other and every time we would open our eyes, we opened them exactly together. It was pretty cool and pretty freaky at the same time.

Im a weird guy like that, very much a romantic.

Needless to say shes been the one and is the one. Cant wait till I can bug her 24/7 with coaster related material instead of just when I get to talk to her on the phone. :love:

Edited by Real

Throwing up in the ice bucket? What a way to start out!!

How did we get engaged? After we had been dating for seven years, I decided it was time to go further. So I wrote her a really long, mushy note explaining all the reasons why I love her. I ended with, "Will you marry me?" and then told her she had as long as she wanted to answer.

Three years went by, and I assumed she had forgotten all about it.

Suddenly, on October 30, 2004, on the way to Marine World, she said "Yes, I will marry you."

Then, at the park, we got stuck on a roller coaster and they closed the park early due to a power outage. Must be an omen!!

Was in the US in the 1998, and we were at our first day at Disneyland ever. It just so happened that the day coincided with our "getting together" anniversary in Australia.

So, I thought "Ok.... I am going to do it!!" I was super nervous.

Anyway we had just basically got their and walked up main street and I tell Jodi to wait at the statue of Walt and Mickey, cause I was busting to go to the toilet.

She says "Ok".

I go back down main street to find a damn shop that would sell a ring, any ring, for me to use.

Went into one of the gift stores and found where they sold those cute little mickey mouse rings with her birth stone (june). I go back to find her. She's like going "Why did you take so long?!" So, I reply "Well, there was a huge wait at the toilets." We hadn't been to Disneyland before so she bought that.

Anyways I am walking towards the castle and I guide her over to Snow White's Wishing Well, and propose to next to the wishing well in front of that little waterfall while Snow White is singing "I'm wishing..."

posted by OZERIK

Was in the US in the 1998, and we were at our first day at Disneyland ever. It just so happened that the day coincided with our "getting together" anniversary in Australia.

So, I thought "Ok.... I am going to do it!!" I was super nervous.

Anyway we had just basically got their and walked up main street and I tell Jodi to wait at the statue of Walt and Mickey, cause I was busting to go to the toilet.

She says "Ok".

I go back down main street to find a damn shop that would sell a ring, any ring, for me to use.

Went into one of the gift stores and found where they sold those cute little mickey mouse rings with her birth stone (june). I go back to find her. She's like going "Why did you take so long?!" So, I reply "Well, there was a huge wait at the toilets." We hadn't been to Disneyland before so she bought that.

Anyways I am walking towards the castle and I guide her over to Snow White's Wishing Well, and propose to next to the wishing well in front of that little waterfall while Snow White is singing "I'm wishing..."

thats a cool story dude where abouts in Aussie are you located?

Now back to my story Me and Britney Met as she was writing the words to "Baby hit me one more time"

Ian"I can Dream Cant I"Clark

Me and my girlfriend have known each other almost 6 years now, through archery, because we both compete. I kinda liked her when I first saw her, and it got through to me through friends that she liked me too. This is after a year of having known each other. I was always afraid to do anything because of the age gap (2 1/2 years). Another year went by, the winter break came, she got hold of my mobile number and began messaging me. We were getting on well, and eventually I asked her out, and i've not looked back since. That was 3 years and 9 months ago tomorrow.