Robb, What Kind Of Video Camera Do You Use?

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Ask us a question about trip planning, coaster videos, rodent encounters or donkeys!
"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Re: Robb, What Kind Of Video Camera Do You Use?

Postby darklingscribe » Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:27 pm

Hey Robb, I'm going into the Steadicam business and my business partner and I would like to know what you use as a recording deck.

We're looking for a deck with a playback screen we can use as a quick reference when practicing running the Steadicam on a RED or other high end digital or 35mm cameras. I'm thinking something along the lines of a HD camcorder with a video in would be fine, what do you use right now?

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Chroniq » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:31 pm

Although, I don't film coaster POV's (I leave that to the pros), I recently (read today) purchased a Contour GPS camera for filming my offroad driving exploits. I previously used my iphone 4 with a number of rubber bands attached to my rear view mirror for filming. As ghetto as this sounds, it made for great, relatively high resolution films. I purchased suction cup mount for the contour camera as well as a couple of fixed mounts. The image stabilization appears to be terrible with this camera (worse than my iphone 4) . After a few hours of test and adjust today, I've found that the robb alvey method of duct-tape to a surface far surpasses the fixed mounts I've purchased in regards to vibration and image stability. I guess my question is, has anyone used a contour camera for filming pov's of any type and Robb, would you be interested in testing this camera with your pov's to at least show me if "I'm doing it wrong?". I'll fedex you the cam if you are interested..

Chris "just want's to make my off roading look sexy" Connolly
Tram Credits: 13502 Find me here: Chris Con

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Chroniq » Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:01 pm

My mom says I'm cool because I reply to my own messages.. I've realized today that 60fps is what you need for super smooth non jerky pov video. Unfortunately the contour gps doesn't support 1080p at 60fps, but at 720p it looks sweet.
Tram Credits: 13502 Find me here: Chris Con

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby topcoasternut91321 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:02 pm

hey Robb , I just got a hauwei ascend android phone with a 3.5 mega pixel cam with video recording any tips for taking photos for trip reports email me at matthewromine46@gmail.com

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby CpBluestreakCp » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:50 pm

Bringing this back..

Just wondering, Robb, what kind of camera are you using right now? I was hoping to head to Cedar Point this year and take some off-ride videos of some of the coasters and was wondering what you use.

For a good high quality video, would an iPhone be enough? Just wondering if I can get some good clips of coasters using it or if you've ever used an iPhone or any phone of its type for videos. If any one else has ever used an iPhone too, it would be great if you could help.

Thanks a lot!
Top coasters: Maverick, Storm Runner, Skyrush, Steel Vengeance, Fury 325, Titan, Phoenix, NTAG, Apollo, Blue Streak.
*Disclaimer: Ignore my Cedar Point fanboy name that I made when I was 11. It doesn't define me as a poster!*
Follow my Twitter and Instagram

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby Zcev5454 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:47 pm

^ It depends on which version. My iPhone 5 records great 1080p videos, it's just hard to hold most of the time.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby CoasterAddict-com » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:01 am

Looks like this thread hasn't gotten much love in recent months (and potentially years), so we figured we'd redirect much of it and find out what everybody's thoughts are on video recording equipment are.

What equipment and accessories do you use? Why did you get those verses others? And, have you bought any recent equipment that you just simply found over-hyped and hence regrettable?

Thanks in advance!

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:58 pm

CoasterAddict-com wrote:Looks like this thread hasn't gotten much love in recent months (and potentially years), so we figured we'd redirect much of it and find out what everybody's thoughts are on video recording equipment are.

WTF?!?!

It's not YOUR place to "redirect" the thread and start asking everyone questions about camera equipment. Honestly, your posts and questions have been weird and creepy. I think I'd prefer it if you didn't post to our forums anymore.

--Robb

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby Montu Maniac » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:03 pm

Robb those 4k onride video's, is that GoPro u used for them ?

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:19 pm

Montu Maniac wrote:Robb those 4k onride video's, is that GoPro u used for them ?

Sure is!

Previous

Return to Ask Alvey